PayPal Pay in 4 review
- Interest rate (p.a.)
- Min. loan amount
- Max. loan amount
PayPal Pay in 4 is a free-to-use buy now pay later service offered by PayPal, whereby customers can split the cost of their online purchases over 4 equal instalments. The first instalment is due at the time of transaction, and 3 subsequent payments are to be made every 2 weeks after that.
3 things to know about this service:
- Interest-free. There is no interest charged for using this service.
- Instant, fee-free sign-up. Receive a decision in seconds and pay no fees for signing up.
- No late fees. If you fail to make a repayment on time, you won't be charged anything extra.
How does PayPal Pay in 4 work?
PayPal Pay in 4 allows you to split your purchase payments into 4 equal instalments via PayPal's payment system. The first payment is paid at the time of purchase, with the 3 subsequent payments paid in fortnightly instalments. Instalments will be taken automatically from your nominated bank account via your PayPal account. There are no fees or interest charged for using this service.
PayPal Pay in 4 is available to current Aussie PayPal customers who are in good standing. If you are not a current user of PayPal, you can open an account to apply. To use this service, you must choose PayPal Pay in 4 at a merchant's checkout online; you will then be taken through a short application process and given a decision in seconds.
PayPal may perform a credit check upon your application, which may impact your credit score. This is important to keep in mind, especially if you are applying for multiple loans or credit. They may also report missed payments to the relevant credit reporting body.
You can use PayPal Pay in 4 for eligible shopping cart values between $30 and $2,000. This service is interest-free, has no sign-up or late fees, and is available via millions of merchants online. Pay in 4 is not available via all ecommerce merchants, but it is available across all currencies, not just AUD.
Features of shopping with PayPal Pay in 4
- 100% interest-free. PayPal Pay in 4 does not charge you interest when you make a purchase using the service.
- Fee free. PayPal does not charge any fees for its service, including no late fees.
- Credit limits. PayPal Pay in 4 is available for purchases between $30 and $2,000.
- Quick and simple sign-up process. You'll receive a decision in seconds when you apply to use this service.
- Available at thousands of stores across Australia. This service is available Australia-wide across a vast range of retailers.
- Repayment plan. Make your repayments in 4 instalments over the course of 6 weeks. One payment will be taken at the time of purchase, with the 3 subsequent repayments taken every 2 weeks thereafter.
- Direct debit. You are not required to remember to meet your repayments, as they will be automatically deducted from your nominated bank account.
How much will this cost?
This service is interest and fee-free.
To sign up for this service, you'll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a user of PayPal
While this is a competitive buy now pay later solution, it's still a good idea to compare your buy now pay later options before applying.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
August 08, 2023
Hi. I am living in Australia with 2 years student visa. Am I eligible to apply for it?
July 22, 2023
Hi – does the merchant get paid the full purchase price at the time of the transaction, with PayPal providing the credit, or is the merchant accepting the payment in four installments?
Chris Jager Finder
July 26, 2023
Hi Peter. PayPal pays the merchant upfront and then charges you the first of four equal instalments.