As restrictions ease, education expert Dr Selina Samuels shares 4 lessons parents and carers have learned from homeschooling.Read more…
Don't let money worries blight the joy of being a parent. It's easy to get your finances organised, and to set a good example for your kids. Finder can help you make the right choices.
The Cost of Kids Series
Bank accounts for kids
Our finance experts can help you find the right account to get your children developing the savings habit early.
- The complete guide to bank accounts for kids
- Bank accounts for newborns
- Children's banking programs
- Accounts for 5-10 year olds
- Debit cards for kids
- Term deposits for teens
Finance for families
Sort your budget, your insurance, your mortgage and more.
- How to create a budget when you're expecting a baby
- Refinancing your home loan when starting a family
- How to protect your families wealth and livelihood with life insurance
- Family health insurance made easy
- Adding kids to your health insurance policy
- Family travel insurance: the holiday essential
- Credit cards for single parents
Parent shopping guides
Get everything your family needs without paying over the odds.
- Coupon codes for kids and baby stuff
- Where to shop for fun and fashionable kids clothes online
- Top 10 sites to buy toys and games for babies and kids
- See which kid and baby stores have Afterpay
- Car buying guide: Finding the safest car for your family
- The best games for kids
- 7 of the best cruises for kids for the ultimate family holiday at sea
Picking the right mobile phone and plan for kids
How to make the right technology choices for your children as they get older.
Parenting issues in the news
Property journalist Kirsten Craze shares what she learned from living with her family in a 60 square metre home – and how it saved them thousands.Read more…
Does how much you're worth really matter? The sum of your assets and debts reveals much more about your financial health than you may think.Read more…
School breaks can prove expensive, but they don't have to break the bank.Read more…
44% of Australians say 13-15 is the sweet spot, but are we kidding ourselves?Read more…
A new survey shows that your kids might be calling the shots on holiday destinations. Fortunately they want the exact same things as you.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Life insurance for new parents
We talk you through life insurance options for new parents.
Top craft ideas to keep kids entertained in isolation
Self-isolating with kids? We've rounded up 30 great craft ideas from Pinterest to help keep them entertained.
The best Netflix Original movies streaming in Australia
Each month we search through Netflix's library for their best original movies.
Podcast: Tax time tips for EOFY 2020
Finder experts explain how to claim home office expenses on your 2020 tax return, tips for new investors and how to get the most out of the EOFY sales in 2020.
The top 20 items to include in your budget
What should you spend your money on and what should you say no to? Here are the top 20 spending categories to consider.
Your guide to creating a family budget
Create an effective family budget using these tips.
Podcast: The real reason you need a will
No money, no assets, no will? Find out why you still need a will and how to make one in the latest episode of the Pocket Money podcast.
How to budget on JobKeeper or JobSeeker payments
Tips to help you cover your rent, bills, groceries, essential household items and transport costs while you're relying on JobKeeper or JobSeeker payments.
Submission to the Select Committee on Financial Technology and Regulatory Technology
Our submission to the Select Committee on Fintech & Regtech where we called for more companies to be included in the CDR accreditation process, the accelerated introduction of 'write-access' to Open Banking and a number of suggestions to help Australia take a prominent role in global blockchain standards.
Ask an Expert