Xero: Online bookkeeping and software
With Xero handling your small business accounting, you could get more time and energy to focus on the bigger tasks.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
New Zealand-based Xero is one of the fastest-growing online accounting service providers on the planet. Operating out of 20 offices around the world, Xero is helping 540,000 businesses manage their finances everyday. This is an easy-to-use program that was designed specifically to meet the accounting challenges of a small business.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Pricing and packages
Xero provides small business owner three different packages to choose from, based on what their monthly needs are:
- Starter. The Starter package is priced at $20 United States Dollars (USD) a month and includes the ability to create and send out 5 invoices, enter 5 bills and reconcile 20 bank transactions. Plus, you get the standard features which include free around-the-clock support services, unlimited users, file storage and integration with over 400 different apps.
- Standard. The most popular package, the Standard package has all the same features of the Starter, but for $30 USD a month your small business can create and send an unlimited number of invoices and bills along with reconcile your bank transactions.
- Premium. The Premium package is ideal for the small business that operates globally. It costs $40 USD monthly, but for that price you get the same unlimited features as the Standard along with the ability to work with multiple currencies.
Without having to hand over your credit card information, Xero will allow you to try all of the listed features of their online accounting software for free for one month. This gives you a chance to see how it works and if it will fit into your small business operations seamlessly.
Features and benefits
- Number of transactions. With the exception of the Starter plan, which allows for 20 transactions, Xero gives you an unlimited amount of bank transactions each month.
- Number of employees. Xero has over 1,220 employees around the world in 20 different offices.
- Invoicing. With online invoicing generation, users are able to see when a customer has opened the invoice. All they need to do is click on the payment link and enter their information for you to reconcile the account.
- Free trial. A one month free trial gives you the opportunity to see how the system can be integrated into your small business, without any upfront commitment from you.
- Australian tax system. Through the use of easy to find and read reports, completing yearly tax forms is made easy. You can also use Xero to create and fill out all of your 1,099 reports just by creating the criteria needed to follow.
- Reporting features. Interactive reports and budgets are seen in real time right at the user dashboard any time of the month.
- App. Xero can be accessed from your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device by downloading the app from either the App store or Google Play.
- Support centre. With Xero you can get help and support 24/7, plus you have the option of browsing through a list of specialists when you need a solution to a specific accounting, bookkeeping or other issue.
More guides on Finder
Hands-on Binance tutorial for beginners (2021)
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Kayo Sports, Australia's leading sports streaming platform, is offering a ridiculous deal for a short time.
Alphabet (GOOGL) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing Alphabet shares from in Australia.
Virtual credit cards in Australia
Virtual credit cards are finally here, with options for everyday use and business spending – so how do they work and how secure are they?
Ask an Expert