Ola driver guide Brisbane
What you need to know about signing up to drive with Ola in Brisbane.
Despite only being available in Australia a few short years, ridesharing has definitely been embraced by Australians. Now, with the introduction of platforms such as Ola, Australians are able to enjoy choice as well as convenience. Choice is in the hands of both riders and drivers.
If you're thinking of signing up as a rideshare driver, you may want to consider Ola. Find out all about the benefits Ola offers its drivers in this guide.
A bit about Ola
Ola is a rideshare platform originally from India which launched in Australia in January 2018. It currently operates in over 110 cities worldwide. Founded in 2011, Ola counts over 1,000,000 driver-partners on its platforms, with vehicles such as cabs, taxis and auto-rickshaws.
Where in Australia does Ola operate?
Currently, Ola operates in the following Australian cities:
What criteria do you have to meet to drive with Ola in Brisbane?
To drive with Ola, you have to meet different criteria depending on the Australian city you want to drive in. For Brisbane, you have to meet the following criteria:
What are the benefits of driving with Ola in Brisbane?
- Daily payments. Other rideshare platforms will pay you weekly, but Ola pays you for your outstanding earnings the following business day.
- Commission structure. Ola offers an introductory commission structure for new drivers which is currently 7.5%. After 30 days this increases to 15%.
- Driver safety. Drivers have access to an SOS button directly within the app.
- Support from Ola. You can contact Ola 24 hours a day.
- No cost to register. You won't pay anything to sign up as an Ola driver.
- Online driver signup. The driver signup process is completed online.
- Trip direction. Ola will send you trip requests in your preferred direction of travel so you don't end up too far from home.
Brisbane rideshare driving: Ola vs Uber vs Taxify
|Where is it available?||Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide||Most Australian cities (Darwin launching August 2018)||Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane|
|What vehicles can you drive with?|
|How are you paid?||Daily transfers to your nominated bank account||Weekly transfers to your nominated bank account||In cash or weekly transfers to your nominated bank account|
|What's the commission structure?||Introductory rate of 7.5% for first 30 days, then 15%||25%||15%|
|What's the signup process?||Online||Sign up online then in-person training and vehicle inspection||Sign up online, in-person training is usually required|
What's the signup process for Ola drivers in Brisbane?
The signup process for Ola drivers is completed online. To get started, head to drive.olacabs.com and log in with your Google account. You'll need to enter some personal details and then agree to the Ola partner-driver terms and conditions. Once you verify your mobile number, you will need to provide details about the vehicle you intend to drive with Ola, such as whether or not you are the owner. You will then need to submit images of the required documents outlined above. After you have submitted all required documents and information, Ola will review your application and notify you whether you have been accepted as an Ola partner-driver.
Compare vehicle rental options to drive with Ola in Brisbane
Ask an Expert