Use the Cash Passport MasterCard to simplify your spending when travelling overseas.
The Cash Passport MasterCard is a prepaid travel MasterCard that lets you load a number of currencies, allowing you to carry funds for multiple countries at the same time. You can load money and convert currencies in your account at any time.
|Available Currencies||AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, USD|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Annual Load Amount||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour POS Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AUD 3.50|
|Monthly Inactivity Fee|
after 12 months inactivity
|Transaction Fee for Purchases||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPay Reload fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$0|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Reloading funds & currencies
The Cash Passport MasterCard lets you choose from ten different currencies:
- US dollar (USD)
- Great British pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Singapore dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- Australian dollar (AUD)
You must complete an initial load when you apply for the Cash Passport Mastercard. Once the load is received, the card is dispatched to you. You can load additional funds using Bank Transfer, BPAY or Debit Card.
The card uses balances in available currencies in a default order of priority. What this means is that the card first looks for funds in the relevant currency, then works through other funds in a set order. The default order for currencies/ exchange rates on this card is:
1. AU$ 2. US$ 3. EU€ 4. GB£ 5. NZ$ 6. TH฿ 7. CA$ 8. HK$ 9. JP¥ 10. SG$
Where can you use this travel card?
You can use this travel card at any ATM or merchant that displays the MasterCard logo. You can use it to shop at international websites that accept MasterCard payments as well. However, you cannot use this card in countries that have relevant sanctions in place, which include Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria and Crimea.
If you use this card in a country where it does not support the local currency, it relies on the default order of currency priority to process payments.
How much will the card cost me?
Unless stated otherwise, you have to pay all fees in Australian dollars.
|Fees for using Cash Passport MasterCard|
|Initial load fee||$0|
|International ATM withdrawal fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AUD 3.50 (for international ATM withdrawals in countries not mentioned above or insufficient funds in the relevant currency to cover the whole transaction)|
|Inactivity fee||$0 per month (starts after inactivity for a period of 12 months)|
|Cash out fee||$10|
Managing your account
You have a few different options when it comes to ordering and managing your card.
- Ordering your card. You can apply for your Cash Passport online. You'll just need to fill in your full name, phone and email contact information and the card will be delivered to your home within 3 business days via Express Post. You can also pick up a Cash Passport MasterCard through one of their distribution outlets.
- Activating your card. Once you have received your Cash Passport Mastercard, you'll need to activate online and register to "My Account".
- Loading funds on your card. You can load funds on to your card using BPAY, bank transfer or debit card. Simply log in to "My Account" to reload.
- My Account login. Once you've activated and loaded funds on your card, you can manage your money through your online account. You can login to 'My Account; using your card number and email address. Here you can view your available balances, top up your card and view your transaction history. You can also move your currencies into your available 10 currency wallets through your online account. When you've returned from your holiday, you can also cash out and close your card via your online account.
Security and emergency contact details
Your Cash Passport MasterCard is chip, PIN and signature protected. If your card has been lost or stolen, if you've forgotten your PIN or if you suspect fraudulent transactions on the card, you'll need to get in touch with the 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance helpline for assistance.
The number you'll need to call will depend on your location:
- Australia - 1800 098 231
- New Zealand - 0800 444 961
- Hong Kong - 800 966 321
- Japan - 00531 780 221
- South Korea - 00798 4434 1279
- Thailand - 001800 442 212
- UK - 0800 056 0572
- USA/ Canada - 1 877 465 0085
- Other countries - +44 207 649 9404
Things to consider before getting the Cash Passport MasterCard
- Multiple currencies. You can load multiple currencies onto a single card, which you can use in countries the world over.
- Additional card. You can receive an additional Cash Passport MasterCard for $5. This card is linked to your account and can come in handy if you end up losing your original card and require a replacement.
- Locked rates. When you load or reload funds onto this card, you lock-in exchange rates.
- ATM fees. ATM withdrawal fees will be charged each time you make domestic and international cash withdrawals.
- Exchange rates. Like most travel cards, the exchange rate for this card aren't always as competitive as the official bank rate. You can confirm the exchange rate for the day on the Cash Passport MasterCard website before you load the funds on your card.
Steps on getting your card
- Ordering. You can complete an online application in a matter of minutes, provided you have all the required information close at hand, such as your passport and driver's license.
- Reloading. You can reload your Cash Passport at any time, simply login to "My Account" and pay via bank transfer, BPAY or debit card.
- Activating. If you purchase your card online, you can activate your Cash Passport Mastercard online by logging into "My Account". Cards purchased in-store are activated immediately.
Using the Cash Passport MasterCard when travelling overseas can work in your favour. However, since there are other similar offerings out there, make sure you compare a few before applying.Back to top