Use the Multi Currency Cash Passport to simplify your spending when travelling overseas.
The MasterCard Multi Currency Cash Passport is a prepaid travel MasterCard that lets you load a number of currencies, allowing you to carry funds for multiple countries at the same time. You can load money and convert currencies in your account at any time.
|Available Currencies||AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, USD|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$60,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour POS Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0 for withdrawals made overseas 2.95% of the amount withdrawn for domestic withdrawals|
|Monthly Inactivity Fee|
after 12 months inactivity
|Transaction Fee for Purchases||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPay Reload fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$0|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Reloading funds & currencies
The Multi Currency Cash Passport lets you choose from ten different currencies:
- US dollar (USD)
- Great British pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Singapore dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- Australian dollar (AUD)
You can choose to load your card at the time of submitting your application or after you receive it. You can load additional funds using bank transfers and BPAY via online, mobile and phone banking.
The card uses balances in available currencies in a default order of priority. What this means is that the card first looks for funds in the relevant currency, then works through other funds in a set order. The default order for currencies/ exchange rates on this card is:
1. AU$ 2. US$ 3. EU€ 4. GB£ 5. NZ$ 6. TH฿ 7. CA$ 8. HK$ 9. JP¥ 10. SG$
Where can you use this travel card?
You can use this travel card at any ATM or merchant that displays the MasterCard logo. You can use it to shop at international websites that accept MasterCard payments as well. However, you cannot use this card in countries that have relevant sanctions in place, which include Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
If you use this card in a country where it does not support the local currency, it relies on the default order of currency priority to process payments.
How much will the card cost me?
Unless stated otherwise, you have to pay all fees in Australian dollars.
|Fees for using Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard|
|Initial load fee||$0|
|International ATM withdrawal fee||Free, unless you have to pay an ATM operator fee|
|Inactivity fee||$4 per month (starts after inactivity for a period of 12 months)|
|Cash over the counter fee||$10 per withdrawal|
Managing your account
You have a few different options when it comes to ordering and managing your card.
- Ordering your card. You can apply for your Cash Passport online. You'll just need to fill in your full name, phone and email contact information and the card will be delivered to your home within 7-10 business days. You can also pick up a Multi-currency Cash Passport through one of their distribution outlets, such as Travel Money Oz, Australia Post and Travelex.
- Activating your card. Your card should automatically activated within two business hours of purchase.
- Loading funds on your card. If you purchase your card in-store, you can load funds on to your card with cash or a debit card. If you order your card online, you can load funds on your card using BPAY. You'll just need to login to your internet, mobile or phone banking to transfer the funds using the biller code184416 and your unique 16 digit Cash Passport Number. Please note that BPAY reloads usually take up to two business days to appear in your account.
- My Account login. Once you've activated and loaded funds on your card, you can manage your money through your online account. You can login to 'My Account; using your card number and email address. Here you can view your available balances, top up your card and view your transaction history. You can also move your currencies into your available 10 currency wallets through your online account. When you've returned from your holiday, you can also cash out and close your card via your online account.
Security and emergency contact details
Your Multi-Currency Cash Passport is chip, PIN and signature protected. If your card has been lost or stolen, if you've forgotten your PIN or if you suspect fraudulent transactions on the card, you'll need to get in touch with the 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance helpline for assistance.
The number you'll need to call will depend on your location:
- Australia - 1800 098 231
- New Zealand - 0800 444 961
- Hong Kong - 800 966 321
- Japan - 00531 780 221
- South Korea - 00798 4434 1279
- Thailand - 001800 442 212
- UK - 0800 056 0572
- USA/ Canada - 1 877 465 0085
- Other countries - +44 207 649 9404
Things to consider before getting the Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard
- Multiple currencies. You can load multiple currencies onto a single card, which you can use in countries the world over.
- Additional card. You get an additional Cash Passport card, for which you don’t have to pay any fee. This card can come in handy if you end up losing your original card.
- Locked rates. When you load or reload funds onto this card, you lock-in exchange rates.
- ATM fees. While the card provider does not charge any overseas ATM fees, you may have to pay fees charged by ATM owners.
- Exchange rates. The exchange rates for this card aren't always as competitive as the official bank rate. You can confirm the exchange rate for the day on the Multi-currency Cash Passport website before you load the funds on your card.
Steps on getting your card
- Ordering. You can complete an online application in a matter of minutes, provided you have all the required information close at hand.
- Reloading. You can provide instructions to load your card along with your application. Alternatively, you can load it once you receive it.
- Activating. Your card should typically activate within two business hours of purchase.
Using the MasterCard Multi Currency Cash Passport when travelling overseas can work in your favour. However, since there are other similar offerings out there, make sure you compare a few before applying.Back to top