There are a seemingly endless number of ways in which a motivated Aussie can earn money online.
Opportunities to earn money online are plentiful and relatively easy to find for Australians. Some may require you to possess different skills, while with others earning money is as easy as answering a few questions or placing links on your blog. In some instances you may be earning pocket change, while others can become a viable source of income to help with expenses.
If you do some research, and identify your own needs and skills, you can earn money online in any of the following ways:
- Survey sites. When you join a survey site like mysurvey.net, you are sent questionnaires from a variety of different types of companies to fill out and send back. You will be paid for each survey completed, the amount dependent on the company and amount of questions asked.
- Freelance writing. Companies such as uvocorp hire freelance writers to help fill their customers content needs. If accepted, you are given projects to complete in a specified time frame, and paid for each one.
- Writing e-books. If you have an expertise in an area that is of interest to a large audience consider penning a book and self-publishing it through Amazon. Your book is made available in Kindle stores around the world, and you will collect up to 70% of the cover price for each one sold.
- Conducting online searches. There are browsers such as Qmee that you download for free and then are paid every time you conduct a search with it and click on one of their suggestions.
- Forex trading. If you have $2,000 that you are willing to invest into foreign currency exchange, you could earn money with the help of a broker. Before making the commitment, a Forex broker will allow you to try this investment opportunity out with a free demo account. If this seems too risky to try, consider depositing that money into a high interest savings account. This type of banking account typically has no fee, and pays you a higher rate of return on your deposit than a standard savings account.
- Affiliate marketing. Frequent shoppers online can earn money by recommending products to others. The affiliate site will give you a personalised link to place on your various sites, and every time a sale is made through that link you earn a small portion of the profit.
- Reviewing music. Slice the Pie is an online music site that pays listeners for honest reviews of new music. The more you work at this site and build your reputation, the more money you could potentially earn.
- Sell a small service. A site like Fiverr gives you the chance to earn money with a specialised skill. These jobs, or gigs, typically pay $5 each and include services like voiceovers, translating and creating short videos.
- Sell your photos. Stock photos have become a big business online, and sites like Alamy are set up to help you sell yours. They post your pictures in their virtual store and share a percentage of any sales with you.
- eBay. One of the largest market places on the internet, with eBay you can post for sale just about any item in your possession that you no longer want or have a use for.
- Etsy. Esty is similar to eBay except it focuses on handmade crafts instead of goods and services. If you have a knack for arts and crafts, Etsy provides you a popular forum to sell them in.
- Freelancing. There are a number of sites online that cater to freelancers who are looking for part time or temporary jobs with flexibility. After creating a profile, you can shop for jobs that meet your skills, or wait for prospective clients to contact you. Jobs can be as simple as entering lines of data, or complex like taking on the responsibility of becoming a personal assistant.
- Share your expertise. If you are a professional you could earn money answering questions geared towards your area of expertise. These types of sites will often check your credentials first, but once accepted will pay you for answering user’s questions.
- Building websites. Australians with technical knowledge can consider building and maintaining websites for businesses who do not have the time and knowledge to do so themselves.
- Rebate sites. Members of rebate sites are given cash back for shopping at certain stores. You are given access to a number of different retailers, and if you make a purchase through the rebate site, they will send you cash back. You can still earn money, and save some too by using coupon codes found on our site when you are shopping online through a rebate site.
With most of these sites, an Australian will need to have either a PayPal or Skrill account in place in order to receive their payments. Payments will be loaded directly into the account minus any fees you are charged for the service.Back to top
Way to save money online using finder.com.au
Even if you don’t want or need to earn money online, you can still use services found on the internet to help you save money monthly. For example, Australians who are burdened with a high interest credit card debt can look for offers to transfer balances to a lower rate card. Many of these special offers from credit card companies are at a 0% p.a interest rate on the transferred balance for a set period of time.
Another method of saving money that an Australian home owner may consider is the refinancing of their current home loan. By switching to a lender who is offering a lower interest rate on home loans a homeowner can save thousands of dollars over the life of the loan, and possibly receive desired features such a money saving offset account.
Research and compare the various money making sites for Australians to find those that are offering the best monetary benefits that meet your skills. While some of the easier ones like using a new browser may only bring in a few dollars a month, freelance sites can be used to earn hundreds.
Whether you are looking to making a few extra dollars for pocket money, or need a job to help pay the bills, the internet gives you a vast number of opportunities to earn money online, either passively or aggressively.