Get updates of deals for your favourite stores while you buy now and pay later, without paying interest.
Shop today with over 200,000 online retailers and pay later over 4 interest-free instalments with Klarna. This is a "buy now, pay later" platform with a difference, as it offers numerous additional features to make the shopping experience even more straightforward.
Klarna work with some of the biggest retailers such as asos, H&M, Topshop, boohoo and Abercrombie and Fitch.
Klarna recently launched in Australia with CBA. It was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and is Europe's highest valued private fintech company. It currently has over 80 million consumers in 17 countries.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
How does Klarna work?
Klarna is a "buy now, pay later" platform which aims to make the shopping process more streamlined. Simply download the app, enter your details and start shopping via the platform. The service offers users a way to pay later for purchases in four interest-free instalments. It also updates users with various deals from their favourite retailers.
The first instalment will be charged once the merchant confirms your order, and the following three will be automatically debited from your account every two weeks. Klarna does not charge fees for its service but may charge late fees if you miss a payment. Any missed payments and subsequent late fees will roll over to the next payment due date.
You can also pay for purchases using Klarna with retailers not yet signed up to the service using its "Ghost Card" feature. A Ghost Card is a virtual Visa card that you can use for up to 24 hours in any retailer accepting Visa payments. Ghost Cards are available up to the value of $1,000. Terms and conditions apply.
Features of Klarna
Features associated with this buy now, pay later platform include:
- Interest-free. This platform does not charge interest on any purchases you make.
- Quick and easy to use. Download the app and get going right away.
- Fast approval. Klarna runs a brief identity and credit check on its users, but this is automated and usually only takes a few seconds.
- No hard credit checks. While the platform runs a credit check on applicants, this won't affect your credit score.
- Range of retailers. Klarna has over 200,000 retailers currently signed up to its service, including many of the biggest brands.
- Ghost Card. You can even use Klarna as a payment option for retailers not signed up to the platform by using its virtual Visa card at checkout.
- Returns available. If you return any of the items that you purchase, Klarna will refund you in full.
- Repayment schedule. Pay the first instalment either at the time of purchase or when the merchant ships your order (depending on the retailer) and the subsequent three payments every two weeks.
- Slack period on late payments. If you miss a payment, you will be informed of a "slack period" of two to seven business days, in which you have a chance to update your payment method or make sure there are enough funds in your account before you're charged a late fee.
- Low fees. There are no high charges for using this service.
Fees and charges
- Late fee. If you miss a payment and don't update your payment details during the "slack period", you will default on the payment and will be charged a late fee. Late fees are $3 for orders under $100 or $7 for orders of more than $100.
How to apply for Klarna
To apply for Klarna's interest-free payment processing platform, simply click "Go to site" and visit its website directly. From there you can download the app and submit a short application form to verify your identity. Please remember that in order to use this service:
- You must be over the age of 18.
- You must undergo a soft credit check.
While you are not limited to using a single buy now, pay later service, it doesn't do any harm to compare your options.