illion credit check Australia: How to understand your report
Understand how to read your illion (formerly Dun & Bradstreet) credit report and discover how it can help you with your money.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
illion Data Registries, formerly Dun & Bradstreet, is a leading provider of commercial information for businesses. The company has a database on more than 205 million businesses around the world. In Australia, illion provides quality database information on credit reporting and customer data. You can also get a copy of your personal credit file from illion if you want to ensure your file is accurate or to check on any bad marks which may be present.
Want a better way to check your credit score?
Banks know your credit score, so why shouldn't you? The Finder app updates your score automatically each month and lets you know if it changes. Pop in your phone number below to get your download link.
Type of services provided by illion
From credit reporting to debt collection, you can compare the services offered by illion below:
Credit reports allow individuals and companies to make informed decisions when deciding to lend money to customers. illion has a variety of reports on their database. These include:
- Personal credit reports. You can request a copy of your standard credit repot from illion for free. Your credit report contains information from your financial history (such as accounts applied for, repayment history, defaults and bankruptcies). It's important to check your credit report and understand where you stand financially before you apply for a credit card or loan. If you spot any incorrect information on your credit report, you can contact illion to request to have the listings removed from your credit report which can help improve your credit score.
- Credit alerts. You can also pay for credit alerts, so you'll receive notifications any time information on your credit report changes. If something does change, you'll also receive an email with a copy of your updated report.
- Commercial reports. Whether you want to confirm a company's existence or conduct a thorough financial analysis on a company, illion has the information on their database.
- Consumer reports. Businesses can request consumer reports to get credit recommendations. You’ll be able to see the credit inquiries done by a prospective customer over the last five years.
- Country risk reports. You'll receive economic forecasts, analysis and payment trends for over 131 countries. You can also use it to review the performance of individual companies.
Sales and marketing
illion offers a range of solutions in sales and marketing. The company uses its extensive database to help companies develop effective solutions that are based on business records and customer insights. This service enables companies to minimise their risks by creating campaigns that are highly targeted. Among the services under this category include:
- Marketing. illion provides services to help businesses create data-driven strategies. It also offers campaign management and insight and planning services.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM). This includes CRM audits, business intelligence and integration.
- Sales Management. Involves territory planning and sales intelligence.
As a global risk management company, illion utilises sophisticated technology to collect outstanding debts from customers. Creditors are updated in real time about the status of overdue payments. The system is flexible enough to accommodate businesses that have high-volume, low-value debts and high-value debts.
How to compare risk management services
If you own a business, here are some of the factors you should consider when comparing risk management services like illion:
- Directories. illion has directories in more regions compared to other credit management agencies in Australia. This is because it has access to databases in North America, Europe and Asia. If your business is focus solely on the Australian market, you may not need these features.
- Value. Compare your options and ask for quotes from different credit management providers before making your decision because the price difference can be significant. Take note that some companies specialise in one area such as debt collection. You can choose two or more providers based on the value they can provide for each service.
- Quality. At the end of the day, you want to see results. Determine if the provider has a track record of meeting customer expectations. The quality of its database also matters. It is important to have access to the latest information.
Whether you want to review your personal credit report or marketing solutions for your business, illion offers leading credit solutions. However, as it's just one of four credit bureaus in Australia, it's important that you compare your options before making a decision. You can see our guide to credit bureaus for more information.
Dig in deeper with our credit score guides
Find out what a credit score is and what it can do for you.Read more…
This guide explains credit score ranges from weak through to an excellent score. We cover the differences from Equifax, Experian and Illion.Read more…
Credit reporting bureaus issue credit reports and scores to consumers and lenders. Discover how they work in this guide.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.