illion credit check Australia: How to understand your report
Understand how to read your illion (formerly Dun & Bradstreet) credit report and discover how it can help you with your money.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
illion Data Registries, formerly Dun & Bradstreet, is a leading provider of commercial information for businesses. The company has a database on more than 205 million businesses around the world. In Australia, illion provides quality database information on credit reporting and customer data. You can also get a copy of your personal credit file from illion if you want to ensure your file is accurate or to check on any bad marks which may be present.
Want a better way to check your credit score?
Banks know your credit score, so why shouldn't you? The Finder app updates your score automatically each month and lets you know if it changes. Pop in your phone number below to get your download link.
Type of services provided by illion
From credit reporting to debt collection, you can compare the services offered by illion below:
Credit reports allow individuals and companies to make informed decisions when deciding to lend money to customers. illion has a variety of reports on their database. These include:
- Personal credit reports. You can request a copy of your standard credit repot from illion for free. Your credit report contains information from your financial history (such as accounts applied for, repayment history, defaults and bankruptcies). It's important to check your credit report and understand where you stand financially before you apply for a credit card or loan. If you spot any incorrect information on your credit report, you can contact illion to request to have the listings removed from your credit report which can help improve your credit score.
- Credit alerts. You can also pay for credit alerts, so you'll receive notifications any time information on your credit report changes. If something does change, you'll also receive an email with a copy of your updated report.
- Commercial reports. Whether you want to confirm a company's existence or conduct a thorough financial analysis on a company, illion has the information on their database.
- Consumer reports. Businesses can request consumer reports to get credit recommendations. You’ll be able to see the credit inquiries done by a prospective customer over the last five years.
- Country risk reports. You'll receive economic forecasts, analysis and payment trends for over 131 countries. You can also use it to review the performance of individual companies.
Sales and marketing
illion offers a range of solutions in sales and marketing. The company uses its extensive database to help companies develop effective solutions that are based on business records and customer insights. This service enables companies to minimise their risks by creating campaigns that are highly targeted. Among the services under this category include:
- Marketing. illion provides services to help businesses create data-driven strategies. It also offers campaign management and insight and planning services.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM). This includes CRM audits, business intelligence and integration.
- Sales Management. Involves territory planning and sales intelligence.
As a global risk management company, illion utilises sophisticated technology to collect outstanding debts from customers. Creditors are updated in real time about the status of overdue payments. The system is flexible enough to accommodate businesses that have high-volume, low-value debts and high-value debts.
How to compare risk management services
If you own a business, here are some of the factors you should consider when comparing risk management services like illion:
- Directories. illion has directories in more regions compared to other credit management agencies in Australia. This is because it has access to databases in North America, Europe and Asia. If your business is focus solely on the Australian market, you may not need these features.
- Value. Compare your options and ask for quotes from different credit management providers before making your decision because the price difference can be significant. Take note that some companies specialise in one area such as debt collection. You can choose two or more providers based on the value they can provide for each service.
- Quality. At the end of the day, you want to see results. Determine if the provider has a track record of meeting customer expectations. The quality of its database also matters. It is important to have access to the latest information.
Whether you want to review your personal credit report or marketing solutions for your business, illion offers leading credit solutions. However, as it's just one of four credit bureaus in Australia, it's important that you compare your options before making a decision. You can see our guide to credit bureaus for more information.
Dig in deeper with our credit score guides
Find out what a credit score is and what it can do for you.Read more…
From discounts to more competitive financial products, here are some perks you can look forward to if you have a good credit score.Read more…
Credit reporting bureaus issue credit reports and scores to consumers and lenders. Discover how they work in this guide.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Square vs PayPal
Both Square and PayPal are popular choices, but which payment processor is best for your business needs?
How to start an event photography business
From practical steps to key legal documents, here's your checklist for launching an event photography company.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
How to start a mobile app business
Learn the key considerations when it comes to starting and growing your smartphone app company.
How to start a vintage clothing store business
Here's how you could turn your love for vintage clothes into a money-making enterprise.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
How to start a homewares business
Find out how to turn your passion for homewares into a profitable business.
How to start a remote IT business
Here’s how to go about starting a remote IT business to offer installation, servicing and maintenance support to both businesses and households.
How to start a market research business
Learn the basics of launching a market research business and tap into the high demand for critical market data.
How to start a landscaping business
How to start your landscaping business from the ground up.