Bitesize your repayments and pay 0% interest with Humm
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
How does Humm work?
Like other "buy now, pay later" programs, Humm has partnered with an ever-growing range of retailers from whom you can purchase products without paying anything upfront. To buy online, simply look for retailers using the Humm icon, and use Humm at the checkout in order to pay. To buy in-store, you can download the Humm app (where you will find select stores using Humm) and create a barcode that you can show the cashier to pay for your items.
Fees incurred using Humm vary depending on how much borrowing power you wish to access and on whether you make late payments. Quick online approval is available for purchases under $2,000, and you can get pre-approval online for up to $10,000. You can apply in-store for purchasing power up to $30,000. You can also pay off your balance early, should you wish.
Features of Humm
- Quick and easy application. You can apply online quickly and easily for purchases of $2,000 and apply for pre-approval online for up to $10,000.
- Fast approval. You can quickly get approval for purchases up to $2,000.
- 0% interest. There are no interest charges when using this service.
- Purchasing power. Humm offers "buy now, pay later" purchasing power ranging from $1 - $30,000.
- No hard credit checks. Humm may check your credit rating, but this won't affect your score or leave a record on your file, even if your application is not approved.
- Expanding store variety. There are many sellers already partnered with Humm, and it claims the list is always growing.
- Flexible repayment options. Choose to pay back smaller purchases in 5 or 10 weekly or fortnightly instalments. For bigger purchases (over $2,000), opt to pay back over 6, 12 or 24 months or up to 60 months in some circumstances.
- Penalty-free extra repayments. Pay off your balance early and avoid additional fees.
- Low fees. With Humm, there are no fees on small purchases if you pay back the balance within 2.5 months. For longer periods, there is a small monthly fee, and for bigger purchases, there is a small-medium establishment fee.
Fees and charges
- No fees. There are no fees on small purchases repaid over 2.5 months.
- Monthly fees. A monthly fee of $8 applies to big purchases and to small purchases repaid over 5 months.
- Establishment fee. An establishment fee of between $35 and $90 applies to all bigger purchases, depending on price.
- Repeat purchase fee. A repeat purchase fee of $22 applies to all bigger repeat purchases.
- Late payment fee. A late payment fee of $6 applies to all purchases.
How to apply for Humm
To apply for Humm's interest-free payment service, click "Go to Site" and submit a straightforward application online (for applications on purchases over $10,000, you must apply in-store). In order to be eligible for Humm, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a permanent job of 25+ hours per week or be on an aged/veteran's pension.
- Not be declared as bankrupt
Documents you will need in order to apply include the following:
- Proof of ID
- Proof of income
- Copies of your bank statements (for pre-approvals over $2,000 only)
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate between 9.99% p.a. and 17.99% p.a. (9.99% p.a. to 17.99% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
A credit limit up to $75,000 that you can continue to draw down over terms up to 5 years. Note: No establishment fee and no monthly account service fees apply if you apply and are approved before 31 March 2020.
You'll receive a variable rate between p.a. and 16.40 p.a. based on your risk profile
A flexible loan with amounts from $2,001 and terms starting from 6 months. Interest and comparison rates calculated for a loan term of 3 years.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 28.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $70,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.