No interest, no hard credit checks and penalty-free extra repayments, with purchasing power up to $30,000. Fees apply for large purchases.
With humm's new interest-free payment solution, you can shop online or in-store with select retailers. Applications are quick and easy for purchases of $2,000, but pre-approval will be required for larger purchases. Flexible repayments allow you to pay for your purchases weekly, fortnightly or monthly, with zero penalties for extra repayments. No fees apply for small purchases paid back within 2.5 months, but there may be monthly fees for longer terms, and an establishment fee for larger purchases.
Min Loan Amount
How does humm work?
Like other "buy now, pay later" programs, humm has partnered with an ever-growing range of retailers from whom you can purchase products without paying anything upfront. To buy online, simply look for retailers using the humm icon, and use humm at the checkout in order to pay. To buy in-store, you can download the humm app (where you will find select stores using humm) and create a barcode that you can show the cashier to pay for your items.
Fees incurred using humm vary depending on how much borrowing power you wish to access and on whether you make late payments. Quick online approval is available for purchases under $2,000, and you can get pre-approval online for up to $10,000. You can apply in-store for purchasing power up to $30,000. You can also pay off your balance early, should you wish.
Features of humm
- Quick and easy application. You can apply online quickly and easily for purchases of $2,000 and apply for pre-approval online for up to $10,000.
- Fast approval. You can quickly get approval for purchases up to $2,000.
- 0% interest. There are no interest charges when using this service.
- Purchasing power. humm offers "buy now, pay later" purchasing power ranging from $1 - $30,000.
- No hard credit checks. humm may check your credit rating, but this won't affect your score or leave a record on your file, even if your application is not approved.
- Expanding store variety. There are many sellers already partnered with humm, and it claims the list is always growing.
- Flexible repayment options. Choose to pay back smaller purchases in 5 or 10 weekly or fortnightly instalments. For bigger purchases (over $2,000), opt to pay back over 6, 12 or 24 months or up to 60 months in some circumstances.
- Penalty-free extra repayments. Pay off your balance early and avoid additional fees.
- Low fees. With humm, there are no fees on small purchases if you pay back the balance within 2.5 months. For longer periods, there is a small monthly fee, and for bigger purchases, there is a small-medium establishment fee.
Fees and charges
- No fees. There are no fees on small purchases repaid over 2.50 months.
- Monthly fees. A monthly fee of $8 applies to big purchases and to small purchases repaid over 5 months.
- Establishment fee. An establishment fee of between $35 and $90 applies to all bigger purchases, depending on price.
- Repeat purchase fee. A repeat purchase fee of $22 applies to all bigger repeat purchases.
- Late payment fee. A late payment fee of $6 applies to all purchases.
How to apply for humm
To apply for humm's interest-free payment service, click "Go to Site" and submit a straightforward application online (for applications on purchases over $10,000, you must apply in-store). In order to be eligible for humm, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a permanent job of 25+ hours per week or be on an aged/veteran's pension.
- Not be declared as bankrupt
Documents you will need in order to apply include the following:
- Proof of ID
- Proof of income
- Copies of your bank statements (for pre-approvals over $2,000 only)
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.