- Interest rate (p.a.)
- Min. loan amount
- Max. loan amount
With humm's new interest-free payment solution, you can shop online or in-store with select retailers. Applications are quick and easy for purchases of $2,000, but pre-approval will be required for larger purchases. Flexible repayments allow you to pay for your purchases weekly, fortnightly or monthly, with zero penalties for extra repayments. No fees apply for small purchases paid back within 2.5 months, but there may be monthly fees for longer terms, and an establishment fee for larger purchases.
No hard credit checks
Flexible repayment options
Penalty-free extra repayments
Late payment fee of $6
|Interest rate (p.a.)||0%|
|Interest rate type||Fixed|
|Min. loan amount||$1|
|Max. loan amount||$30,000|
How does humm work?
Like other "buy now, pay later" programs, humm has partnered with an ever-growing range of retailers from whom you can purchase products without paying anything upfront. To buy online, simply look for retailers using the humm icon, and use humm at the checkout in order to pay. To buy in-store, you can download the humm app (where you will find select stores using humm) and create a barcode that you can show the cashier to pay for your items.
Fees incurred using humm vary depending on how much borrowing power you wish to access and on whether you make late payments. Quick online approval is available for purchases under $2,000, and you can get pre-approval online for up to $10,000. You can apply in-store for purchasing power up to $30,000. You can also pay off your balance early, should you wish.
Features of humm
- Quick and easy application. You can apply online quickly and easily for purchases of $2,000 and apply for pre-approval online for up to $10,000.
- Fast approval. You can quickly get approval for purchases up to $2,000.
- 0% interest. There are no interest charges when using this service.
- Purchasing power. humm offers "buy now, pay later" purchasing power ranging from $1 - $30,000.
- No hard credit checks. humm may check your credit rating, but this won't affect your score or leave a record on your file, even if your application is not approved.
- Expanding store variety. There are many sellers already partnered with humm, and it claims the list is always growing.
- Flexible repayment options. Choose to pay back smaller purchases in 5 or 10 weekly or fortnightly instalments. For bigger purchases (over $2,000), opt to pay back over 6, 12 or 24 months or up to 60 months in some circumstances.
- Penalty-free extra repayments. Pay off your balance early and avoid additional fees.
- Low fees. With humm, there are no fees on small purchases if you pay back the balance within 2.5 months. For longer periods, there is a small monthly fee, and for bigger purchases, there is a small-medium establishment fee.
Fees and charges
- No fees. There are no fees on small purchases repaid over months.
- Monthly fees for small purchases. There are no monthly fees for purchases under $2000 and paid over 2.5 months, however an $8 monthly fee applies to these purchases repaid over 5 months.
- Monthly fees for larger purchases. For purchases over $2000, there is an $8 monthly fee
- Establishment fee. An establishment fee of between $30 and $110 applies to all bigger purchases, depending on price.
- Repeat purchase fee. A repeat purchase fee of $29 applies to all bigger repeat purchases.
- Late payment fee. A late payment fee of $6 applies to all purchases.
How to apply for humm
To apply for humm's interest-free payment service, click "Go to Site" and submit a straightforward application online (for applications on purchases over $10,000, you must apply in-store). In order to be eligible for humm, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a permanent job of 25+ hours per week or be on an aged/veteran's pension.
- Not be declared as bankrupt
Documents you will need in order to apply include the following:
- Proof of ID
- Proof of income
- Copies of your bank statements (for pre-approvals over $2,000 only)
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked