VIDEO: How many coins can you pay with?
Yes, there are rules for this sort of thing in Australia. Also features Twisties.
Last year, I wrote about how it was time to kill off the five-cent coin. My hatred for those wasted pieces of fiscal shrapnel only intensified after I shot this video, which shows just how many coins you're allowed to use to pay for stuff in Australian shops - and just how much that many coins weighs.
My favourite weird fact from this shoot? Five bucks worth of 5-cent coins weighs the same as five bucks worth of 10-cent coins or 20-cent coins. It's a strange world.
Sadly, the budget didn't stretch to allowing me to perform a similar task with the equally-at-risk $100 note.
Angus Kidman's Findings column looks at new developments and research that help you save money, make wise decisions and enjoy your life more. It appears Monday through Friday on finder.com.au.
- Save 40% off your Qantas Club membership this week
- Huawei P20 Pro Review: It’s all about that camera
- Operation Cryptosweep: World’s largest ICO, crypto securities sweep announced
- Ethereum price weekly analysis 22 May: The Woz is optimistic but the market isn’t so sure
- Take 30% off Amazon Echo devices until this Thursday