All of Finder's submissions to government consultations and inquiries.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Submissions from 2020
- Response to the Treasury Review of the Australian Payments System - 24 December, 2020 In response to the Treasury Review of the Australian Payments System, Finder prepared the following submission. In particular, we touch on the need for streamlined regulation, clarity on third party payment initiation and an update to the ePayments Code.
- Submission to the Select Committee on Fintech regarding JobKeeper Payments - 09 April, 2020 In response the Select Committee's call for submissions relating to COVOD-19, we proposed an amendment to the JobKeepers Payment program to support high-growth businesses that are still being impacted by the outbreak of the virus.
- Response to the draft AFIA Code of Practice for Buy Now, Pay Later providers - 19 March, 2020 Finder supports the introduction of a Code of Practice in this space and in this submission we share our consumer research on the topic and propose more specific guidance on late fees for these products.
- Response to question about Open Super from the Select Committee on Fintech public hearing - 10 March, 2020 Senator Andrew Bragg (Chairman of the Select Committee on Fintech) asked Finder to share its views on introducing the Consumer Data Right (CDR) regulation to the industry for superannuation. In our response, we focus on the technical and consumer facing elements of a potential implementation.
- Submission to the ACCC consultation on the role of intermediaries in the CDR regime - 03 February, 2020 In this submission we support the introduction of an accredited intermediary role in the Consumer Data Right (CDR) regime in Australia. We also advocate for accredited intermediaries to be required to meet the same standards as data recipients - particularly in areas like information security and insurance.
Submissions from 2019
- Submission to the Select Committee on Fintech and Regtech - 31 December, 2019 In one of our broadest government submissions to date, we call for more companies to be included in the CDR accreditation process and for the accelerated introduction of 'write-access' to the CDR regime. We also make a number of suggestions to help Australia take a prominent role in global blockchain standards.
- Submission of interest for the Consumer Data Right (CDR) Energy Advisory Committee- 14 October, 2019 In this submission, we nominate our co-founders as possible candidates to join the CDR energy advisory committee. Our submission of interest provides background on Finder, insight into our interest in the Consumer Data Right (CDR) and information about our two co-founders, Fred Schebesta and Frank Restuccia.
- Submission to the Select Committee on Fintech and Regtech - 11 October, 2019 In this submission we propose three issues for the committee to consider. These include introducing 'write-access' to CDR and also introducing CDR to the markets for superannuation and car insurance.
- Submission to the ACCC customer loyalty schemes review - 3 October, 2019 In this submission, we shared our consumer research in relation to loyalty schemes in Australia and offered four key recommendations for improving these schemes.
- Submission to the Treasury consultation into priority energy datasets for CDR - 27 September, 2019 In this submission we provide our input on the datasets that will be most valuable to Australians trying to get a better deal on their energy plans. Getting this right will help Australians to compare and switch to an energy plan that works better for them.
- Submission in response to the ACCC consultation on Consumer Data Right (CDR) for energy - 12 March, 2019 In this submission to the ACCC consultation on data access models for introducing Consumer Data Right (CDR) to the energy market, we support a centralised model with AEMO acting as the gateway between the varied participants.
- Submission in response to consultation on the FSC Life Insurance Code of Practice - 11 January, 2019 Based on Finder's understanding of the life insurance market and consumer needs, we provide feedback on the updated FSC Life Insurance Code of Practice. Our recommendations focus largely on mental health considerations, sales practices and genetic tests in underwriting.
Submissions from 2018
- Submission to the NSW Insurance Monitor loyalty tax inquiry - 21 December, 2018 Finder research shows that up to 10 million Australians are at risk of paying the loyalty tax by not considering other providers for goods and services. This submission outlines potential solutions for encouraging consumers to switch to a better deal in the market for home insurance.
- Submission to the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (GEMS) Act Review - 20 December, 2018 This submission focuses on recommendations 27-29 in the GEMS Act Review, which discuss how Energy Rating Label (ERL) information should be displayed and promoted to consumers. Finder put forth that further educational campaigns are needed to ensure consumers are aware of energy ratings and their impact on cost.
- Submission to the ACCC Inquiry into Electricity Supply in Australia - 19 December, 2018 This response addresses several issues with the retail market for energy in Australia, from a consumer perspective. This includes a lack of transparency, energy pricing information and complicated energy bills.
- Submission to the ACCC broadband speed claims guidance consultation - 19 December, 2018 Given the nature of our business, this response focuses on the aspects that directly drive how consumers compare and choose plans. It addresses several of the questions consultation regarding services provided using fixed wireless networks.
- Submission to the ACCC foreign currency conversion services enquiry - 22 October, 2018 Australians face multiple challenges within the markets for international money transfers and travel money. This submission outlines our findings from consumer surveys on the topic alongside our perspective of the competitive dynamics of the industry.
- Submission to the fixed line services declaration inquiry - 12 October, 2018 Finder research shows there has been a high level of confusion around the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN). To help support confused Australians, in this submission we call for the existing fixed line infrastructure to stay fully available for another five-year period.
- Submission in response to the ACCC Consumer Data Right Rules Framework - 12 October, 2018 This submission provides specific feedback on the movement towards introducing a Consumer Data Right (CDR) framework, along with the associated challenges. It also addresses matters of accreditation as well as the authorisation and authentication process.
- Submission into Private Health Insurance Legislation Amendment Bill 2018 and related Bills - 18 July, 2018 Finder research shows that younger generations are less inclined to take out health insurance. In this submission we address how the latest Government reforms do little to address this trend, and emphasised that additional refinements are required to maintain the resilience of Australia's health system.
More guides on Finder
Response to the Treasury Review of the Australian Payments System
Finder's submission in response to the Treasury Review of the Australian Payments System.
Response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right
Finder's submission in response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right.
rebel Boxing Day sale 2021
Boxing Day has arrived and we've got the inside scoop on all those exclusive savings up for grabs in the Rebel Sport event.
Black Friday beauty sales 2021
Looking for beauty sales? We've found some of the best beauty and makeup sales this Black Friday and listed them all right here.
Black Friday homewares sales 2021
See all the homewares and furniture deals and discounts on during Black Friday here.
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Insights from our leaders, government submissions and general Finder news.
Coronavirus: Common scams to watch out for
Details on the most common scams to avoid during the coronavirus health crisis, plus tips for keeping your information safe online.
Response to the ACCC consultation on the CDR energy rules framework
In our response to the ACCC consultation on the CDR energy rules framework, we put forth four key recommendations to help Australians to make better decisions about their energy products.
Submission to the inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right
In this submission to the Treasury inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right being led by Scott Farrell, we focus on the topic of switching and how this could be encouraged through the introduction of write-access to the CDR. We also share some details on switching in the industries set to be covered by the CDR, as well as high-level views on how write-access could be used to enable payment initiation through the CDR.
Ask an Expert