FREE mobile plan with an eSIM: What’s the catch?
Ditch physical SIM cards and consider switching to an eSIM, free of charge, for your first month.
If you're already on the lookout for sales in the spirit of Black Friday, you're in luck.
You can get a 30-day free trial with gomo if you sign up to any of its mobile plans with a new eSIM.
The promo offers up to 60GB and access to the Optus network at no cost to you, which is a pretty sweet deal.
What do you get with a gomo mobile plan?
gomo only offers 3 mobile plans with 30-day expiries, but each one offers great value, especially if you're keen to get on the Optus network for cheaper.
Apart from its current 30-day free trial, its other perks and features include:
- 200GB data rollover.
- Option to manage your plan through gomo's mobile app.
- Full Optus 3G/4G network coverage.
- Completely digital support (this might not work for people who prefer calling customer support).
- Unlimited international calls to 15 countries on its 40GB and 60GB plan.
- Watch out for: International texts are not possible on any of gomo's plans.
To find out more, you can read our full review and sign up here.
Is there a catch on gomo's eSIM offer?
The deal itself is straightforward with no strings attached. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind before you sign up.
- All gomo mobile plans automatically renew after 30 days. If you want to leave before the free trial ends, you will need to cancel your subscription.
- You need to have an eSIM compatible device.
So, what is an eSIM?
SIMs haven't changed much over the years, besides getting smaller.
However, eSIMs are now growing in popularity and as the name suggests, they work a bit differently.
The "e" stands for embedded. Instead of physical SIM cards, the eSIM is built into your phone's motherboard and everything about it is handled through software.
That means you actually don't need a normal SIM card to activate your new plan.
Switching to a new eSIM mobile plan will usually involve scanning a QR code and then following a few prompts to register on your provider's network.
It's super easy and makes switching providers faster.
Is my device eSIM capable?
A growing number of phones are now offering eSIM support, alongside the usual SIM card slot.
This includes the iPhone 13, iPhone 12, Samsung Galaxy S21 and Google Pixel 6.
You can visit gomo's website for a full list of eSIM compatible phones.
Don't have an eSIM-compatible phone? You can still get access to great deals like 50% off this unlimited data mobile plan.