Vantage FX provides traders with quick, transparent access to interbank forex markets through speedy, secure and regulated platforms.
STP/ECN broker Vantage FX has offered Australian traders direct access to international markets’ liquidity pools since starting business in 2009. Its fibre-optic network and MetaTrader 4 platform allows for quick access and high-speed transactions and clients are also able to access their MetaTrader 4 profiles through mobile applications for iPhone and Android devices.
Besides enhanced technology facilitating quick trades, Vantage FX emphasises its commitment to transparent trading. Vantage FX is an ECN forex broker, which means that it doesn’t make money off spread differences, but rather through commissions on transactions. Vantage FX won’t bid against its clients either, a feature that appeals to professional brokers since there’s no conflict of interest.
Active traders can open an account online and start trading immediately. All active forex traders meeting the monthly volume receive an 8.88% interest payment deposited into their Vantage FX trading accounts.
Disclaimer: Trading in financial instruments carries various risks, and you can lose more than your capital. This article may contain general advice. You should always seek professional advice when deciding if a product is right for you.
What can I trade with Vantage FX?
Vantage FX gives clients access to global forex markets, tight ECN spreads and substantial liquidity. The MetaTrader 4 platform provides uninterrupted access to international forex markets, allowing traders to take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
Clients can trade in metals and energy, including platinum, palladium, oil, gold and silver. You have 24-hour access to global commodities markets through the MetaTrader 4 platform, where you can speculate with as little as 0.01 lot (constituting 10 barrels of oil or one ounce of gold). Uninterrupted access to commodities means you can trade with maximum leverage, even in oil and palladium markets, which are notoriously sophisticated and technical.
Vantage FX facilitates full access to eight world stock exchange indices, including the Nikkei, the Dow Jones and the London Stock Exchange. Coupled with the 24-hour access via the MetaTrader 4 platform, Vantage FX’s oneZero trading bridge promotes more concise speculation and provides access to larger pools of liquidity.
Instead of speculating inside the market, binary options speculate on a market’s performance and whether the price of an asset will rise or fall. Vantage FX clients can start trading binary options on the MetaTrader 4 platform for no additional charge.
What are the best features of Vantage FX?
Here are some of the benefits of trading as a Vantage FX client.
Uninterrupted access to market data
Vantage FX offer traders 24-hour access to world markets through the MetaTrader 4 platform. Thanks to a sophisticated fibre-optics network and the oneZero trading bridge, Vantage FX clients have eyes on international markets anywhere and at any time. You can also access MetaTrader 4 via applications for Apple and Android devices.
Zero conflict of interest
Vantage FX is an ECN broker, which means that clients have access to a large pool of liquidity and true, tighter ECN spreads. It also means that Vantage FX doesn’t bid against its clients, eliminating the possibility of a conflict of interest between broker and trader.
Vantage FX clients have 24-hour access to global markets and eight international stock exchange indices including the Dow Jones, the London Stock Exchange and the Nikkei. Binary options allow trading on asset performance in the indices, currency, commodities and stock markets.
Vantage FX clients can trade with leverage of up to 500:1. This means that with $1,000 you can speculate with up to $500,000 on foreign exchange, commodities, stock and index markets.
Service levels of Vantage FX
Depending on how and what you’d like to trade, Vantage FX caters to both MT4 traders and professional clients trading in higher volumes.
Both account types allow access to 40 different currencies, six index markets and seven commodities. You get access to all the available platforms, and you can trade in binary options with both accounts.
|Commission||$0||$3 per lot|
|Leverage||Up to 500:1||Up to 500:1|
|Minimum deposit||$100 (or equivalent)||$500 (or equivalent)|
|Rebate per lot||$2||N/A|
|Spreads starting at||1.0 pips||0.0 pips|
|Free 30-day demo||Yes||Yes|
What support and information is available with Vantage FX?
If you need assistance with your account or if you have questions about trading with Vantage FX, you can check the website’s FAQ and support pages. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about which platforms to use, what and how you can trade and how to manage your Vantage FX account.
A separate education and FAQ section is dedicated to binary options.
Australian and international clients have designated phone lines available 24 hours a day for all queries.
What are the fees associated with using Vantage FX?
Clients should be aware that while Vantage FX doesn’t charge internal fees for electronic deposits or withdrawals, transfers and conversions to and from overseas banks might incur fees.
Vantage FX charges no account fees. Clients are not charged membership fees, nor are they asked to pay exchange, regulatory or data fees. You can choose between account types, one of which offers tighter, more precise spreads and charges a commission of $3 per lot.
The money in your Vantage FX account is held by NAB. While Vantage FX doesn’t charge fees, NAB has its own fee schedule for credit and debit card deposits, withdrawals and SWIFT transactions.
What are the pros and cons of using Vantage FX for my next trade?
- Demo account. Before signing up for a live account, you can open a $50,000 demo account to test the Vantage FX system and its platforms.
- High-tech platforms and speed. Vantage FX employs state-of-the-art fibre-optic technology for speedy execution and uninterrupted access to markets. Clients trade on MetaTrader 4, the world’s most popular electronic trading platform.
- No conflict of interest. Instead of making money on the spread difference, ECN brokers like Vantage FX charge a commission for transactions, which makes it unethical for them to bid against their clients or engage in desk intervention.
- No fees. Traders pay no account, exchange, regulatory or data fees.
- 24-hour support. Vantage FX clients benefit from 24-hour support as well as a live chat option for immediate assistance.
- No commission on the Standard account option. Clients with a Standard account don’t pay commission on transactions.
- Binary options. Vantage FX traders can speculate on the markets themselves with binary options. You can learn about binary options on a separate education and FAQ page on the Vantage FX website.
And the cons
- No US clients. Vantage FX can’t accept clients based in the US, as American law prevents traders from trading with non-US brokers.
- Only two account options. You only have two account options: Standard (straight-through processing) and RAW (electronic communications network).
- Very high leverage on Standard account. Both account types allow traders to speculate with a maximum leverage of 500:1. The minimum deposit is $100, so new members could trade with the maximum leverage ($50,000) and lose everything before learning about how to trade reasonably.
What you need to know about the application process for Vantage FX
If you’re new to speculation, it might be a good idea to click on the Education page on the Vantage FX website.
Click “Live account” in the top right-hand corner of any page and fill in the required information. You’ll be asked to submit identification and then you should be ready to trade within 24 hours.
Opening an account requires a minimum of $100 for the Standard account and $500 for the RAW account. There is a deposit restriction of $1,000 (or equivalent) for opening an account, and any excess will be refunded. Vantage FX doesn’t accept third-party payments.
Help! I have some more questions
Here are a few frequently asked questions and answers about Vantage FX.