Finder named on Australia’s Best Workplaces list for second year in a row
Fast-growing fintech Finder was today announced as one of Australia's Best Workplaces for the second year running.
With 200 crew based in Australia and 500 globally, Finder is in good company, with Salesforce, Adobe and BPAY Group also being recognised on the coveted list. 50 companies were recognised among 4 categories: Micro, Small, Medium (Finder's category) and Large.
The annual survey by research and consulting firm, Great Place to Work, is based on employee satisfaction, benefits and opportunities.
Chris Ellis, CEO of Finder Australia, said it was rewarding to again have Finder recognised as a great workplace, particularly during a time of great disruption.
"Our dedicated crew are the heartbeat of our organisation and work tirelessly to deliver impactful content, resources and tools to help Australians make better financial decisions," he said.
"Our values – in particular '1 Crew' and 'Go Live' – have guided us through the challenges of the last year and, more importantly, ensured we've continued to deliver educational and meaningful value at a time of great need. I couldn't be prouder of our crew."
Frank Restuccia, Co-CEO and founder, said Finder's people have created a unique workplace culture.
"For 15 years, we've handpicked a passionate crew who each add to our culture rather than simply 'fitting in'. Our workplace is as dynamic as it is supportive and we put a lot into ensuring our crew are at their happiest at work. Without a doubt our collaborative culture is central to our success as a crew and as a company.
"Finder's 5 values are lived and breathed by our crew – there's a strong belief in what we do and it drives our company forward in its mission," he said.
As well as offering flexible working, free lunches and a generous training and development budget, in the last 12 months Finder has introduced individual development plans, weekly CEO-led Huddles, a range of activities including yoga, HIIT, pilates and meditation classes, interactive social events such as cocktail-making classes, magic shows and baking competitions.
Samantha Huddle, general manager of Great Place to Work in Australia, said: "Australia's best workplaces have truly risen to the challenges of 2021. In an unprecedented year, the companies on our Australia Best Workplaces List for 2021 have excelled by putting their people first. It is an honour for Finder to be recognised by their employees as an organisation that fosters respect, trust and fairness."
This announcement caps off a big 12 months for Finder, acquiring Southeast Asian comparison giant GoBear, becoming Australia's first comparison site to be accredited for the Consumer Data Right (CDR) by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and opening our seventh office globally, in Denver, Colorado, just last week.
Finder is currently hiring 23 roles in Australia, with several jobs available within Client Services, Publishing and Editorial, Product and Engineering.
Some of the reasons Finder rates so well with its crew:
- Every crew member has a $2,000 individual training budget annually to invest in relevant education for the purpose of personal and professional growth.
- In-office perks such as free catered lunch every day and emphasis on wellness with bike racks and showers.
- A focus on social impact – all of the Finder crew are invited to do a rotation in its CSR committee or to join a more focused working group like the Finder Green squad to take action on something they're passionate about.
- Speed Saving – Finder organises sessions where the crew can book 10-minute slots with a range of different internal experts to improve their financial position.
- Opportunities to mentor high school children as part of the School Entrepreneur of the Year program launched in partnership with not-for-profit Generation Entrepreneur.
- Finder awards crew with monetary bonuses when they go above and beyond.
- Crew are invited to join Finder sports teams, such as the Finders Hoopers basketball team, as well as a free fitness classes that have continued virtually through lockdown.
- There are also a number of other interest groups that crew at Finder can join like the monthly Book Club and the weekly Data is Beautiful lunch-and-learn program.
- Finder is also a supporter of the startup community and women in technology, sponsoring She Hacks and Startmate programs.
- All crew members have the option to work from home on a regular or ad hoc basis.
- Support for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout including paid leave for those who are getting vaccinated and a donation of 3 vaccines to the developing world for each Finder crew member that gets vaccinated.