Need a car to drive for Uber? Europcar has a range of vehicles to rent that are ready for Uber when you are.
Europcar offers long-term rentals specifically for Uber drivers. The vehicles are practically brand new with an average age of nine months and they come with 24/7 roadside assistance. There is a minimum four-week rental period, but after that you are free to return the vehicle when you please. Although the cars are tailored for Uber, drivers can use the vehicles for personal trips as well.
|Product Name||Europcar Uber Rental|
|Included Distance||1,500 km included per week|
|Excess Distance Cost||$0.25 per km|
|Price Per Week (from)||$185|
|Minimum Term||4 days|
- No signup fee
- Can use vehicle for personal purposes
- Call-out fees of between $45-$600
- Extra fees and charges for younger drivers
- Must have a credit card
- Must be 21
- Have a drivers license
- Not reside in Darwin or Cairns
Factors to consider when renting a vehicle through Europcar
Europcar offers a wide range of vehicles so that you can choose one that suits your experience and style. The Europcar Uber marketplace is available in all capital cities except Darwin and Cairns.
Europcar does not offer a rent-to-own option, it purely focuses rentals. However, it does have a streamlined rental process, much like renting a car ordinarily, so there’s no waiting around or filling out application forms.
If you are happy to pay a premium, drivers under 25 years of age can also rent from Europcar.
Features of Europcar’s vehicle rental
When you rent an Uber-ready vehicle from Europcar, you’ll get access to the following features:
- Live bookings. Get a quote and book a car instantly online.
- No signup fee. Simply book your car and pay the rental fee for a minimum of four weeks.
- Personal use allowed. You can use the vehicle for personal trips when you’re not busy driving others around.
- Roadside assistance. Europcar offers 24/7 roadside assistance for all its cars, so you don’t have to worry if your car breaks down.
- 1,500km per week allowance. Comes standard with all cars, plus extra for personal driving.
- Wide range of vehicles. Choose from a huge range of cars, from small hatches to large SUVs, depending on your preference.
- No Uber experience necessary. Rent and drive without previous Uber experience.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with Europcar?
- Weekly fee. Fees start at $185 per week for a hatch, $265 for a sedan and $400 for a van. There is a minimum rental period of four weeks for all vehicles.
- Call-out fee. There is a $45-$600 fee for roadside assistance where the issue was caused by driver error, such as locking your keys in the car.
- Missed payment interest. Europcar charges 10% p.a. on any unpaid debts or money owed.
- Extra kilometers. All cars come with a 1,500km per week allowance. Extra kilometers are charged at $0.25 per kilometre.
- Refuelling and cleaning. Each rental contract will detail the exact rate that will be charge should vehicles be returned dirty or without petrol.
- Young driver surcharge. Drivers under 25 must pay a surcharge, which is calculated based on the driver’s age and the vehicle selected.
- Optional extras. Europcar has a range of extras to choose from such as infant seats, navigation systems and carbon offsets, which can be added to the rental.
How to sign up with Europcar
If you would like to rent a vehicle from Europcar, fill in the form below.
Europcar rents to Uber drivers in exactly the same way it rents to all drivers. To be able to rent you must:
- Be 21 years old
- Have held an Australian unrestricted driver's license for 12 months or more
- Have a credit card
- Be renting from any capital city other than Darwin or Cairns
When applying, you will need the following documents:
- Your driver’s license
- A credit card
If you think driving for Uber is a good option for you, Europcar offers a nice alternative to buying or using your own car. There are other businesses that offer rent-to-buy Uber deals, so make sure you compare all your options before signing up.