DriveMyCar Uber Rental
Rent an Uber vehicle from private owners on DriveMyCar’s online peer-to-peer platform.
DriveMyCar is a peer-to-peer car rental platform where Uber drivers can rent a car for a minimum of seven days, with discounts offered for rentals longer than six months. This service is available all over Australia. You can choose from a range of models, each with its own pricing schedule. Rental fees include insurance, maintenance and 24-hour roadside assistance. A deposit is payable before the start of the rental period.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Main points to consider when renting a vehicle through DriveMyCar
Before you rent a vehicle, you must be registered with Uber and approved by DriveMyCar, which includes a credit check. This is a peer-to-peer service, which means you will be dealing with the car owner directly. You can also read reviews on each car owner from previous renters. While the rental fee includes insurance and maintenance, you will be liable for other costs like cleaning, fines and additional kilometres. Besides Uber business, rentals can also be used for personal purposes.
Features of DriveMyCar’s vehicle rental
Here are some of the features you can expect from DriveMyCar.
- Both Uber and personal use. You can use the rental for Uber and personal use. While you have the option to sign on an additional driver, only the renter can use the car for Uber business.
- All-inclusive price. The weekly rental price starts at $160 and includes insurance, 24-hour roadside assistance, servicing and vehicle registration. There are no hidden fees.
- Account manager. You have a DriveMyCar representative dedicated to managing your contract.
- Secure. Renters’ identities are screened and verified, and credit checks are conducted to ensure financial responsibility. Bookings are only confirmed after the renter pays a bond and the first payment. In turn, renters can leave feedback for car owners.
- Wide range of vehicles. DriveMyCar puts renters in touch with private owners, so it offers a varied fleet of vehicles with around 40 makes, each with its own fee schedule.
- Flexible rental terms. You can rent from a minimum of seven days up to 365 days. If you’d like to return the vehicle, you have a seven-day notice period before handing it back.
- Longer rentals available. You can rent a car for up to a year with a longer rental contract.
- Free kilometres. You have a free kilometre allowance of 1,050 km per week.
- Free membership. You can sign up to DriveMyCar free of charge and there are no ongoing costs associated with being a member.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with DriveMyCar?
Listed below are some of the fees associated with the rental contract.
- Rental fee. Starting at $160 per week, the rental fee includes insurance, registration and maintenance.
- Bond. Before the rental is confirmed, you must pay a bond of $300 plus the first rental fee.
- Additional kilometres. You will be charged $0.10 per extra kilometre.
- Cancellation fee. If you cancel the rental after having signed the contract, you will be required to pay 30% of the total rental fee or $200, whichever is greatest.
- Lost keys. You will be charged an administration fee of $75 for losing car keys.
- Pet or smoking fee. You will be charged a $300 cleaning fee as well as an administration fee of $20.
- Toll fees. You must pay all your own toll fees, as well as a $10 administration fee.
How to sign up with DriveMyCar
If you’d like to sign up with DriveMyCar, visit the website to fill in the online form. Registration is free and completed online. Make sure you fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have a full, valid driver’s licence.
- You must have a decent credit history.
Peer-to-peer car rental is a great way for Uber drivers to increase their earnings using well-maintained, reasonably priced rental cars. Your credit history will be taken into account when you register, so make sure that you can afford the fees before signing up.