Access over 4,500 financial markets and trade 84 forex currency pairs.
City Index offers powerful trading platforms, helpful trading tools and competitive spreads for both new and experienced forex and Contract for Difference (CFD) traders. City Index is headquartered in London, however has an office in Sydney Australia. It has been providing traders with access to global forex markets for over 30 years, so you should be in safe hands.
What can I trade with City Index?
As a traders you’ll have access to the following markets plus many more with City Index.
- Indices. Trade on 21 global indices
- Shares. Access over 4,500 global shares
- Forex. Trade 84 forex currency pairs
- Commodities. Over 25 global commodities
- Metals. Metals including gold, silver and copper
- Options. Trade options on indices, forex, shares and more
Trade Forex & CFDs with City Index
- Educational resources. Access free video tutorials and trading examples to improve your skills and boost your confidence. The tool Recognia is a leader in providing premium analysis and trade recommendations, and the AT Pro platform offers over 100 automatic trading strategies.
- 24-hour support. Customer service available 24 hours a day to provide assistance or help with trading.
- Regulated in Australia. City Index is fully regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
- Mobile app available. The City Index app for Apple and Android devices provides chart live streaming, full access to markets and live updates.
- 80+ technical indicators. These help you identify trends and trading opportunities.
- Several order types available. Access stop loss orders, limit orders, stop and limit entry orders, one cancels other (OCO) order and trailing orders.
- Leverage. The default leverage is 50:1 or a 2% margin. However, you are able to adjust your leverage ratio up or down depending on how comfortable you are with risk.
- Payment methods available. City Index allows card deposits (Mastercard/Visa credit and debit), electronic funds transfer (EFT) or BPAY payment methods. There is no charge to add money to your account via a Visa or debit card, and you can register up to three cards to your account.
What trading platforms are available?
- Advantage Web. A browser-based trading platform with customisable screen layouts, which lets you create watch lists, view detailed charts, and track prices. Advantage Web is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems and most browsers, as well as iOS and Android smartphones.
- AT Pro. A desktop platform for advanced traders which provides powerful analysis tools, auto-trading strategies, advanced charting package and superior speed and efficiency
- MetaTrader 4 (MT4). One of the world’s most popular trading platforms, City Index forex traders get exclusive access to MT4 Enhanced features such as customisable leverage and price tolerance for better trades on a volatile market. City Index traders also get access to MT4 on tablet and mobile devices. MT4 is compatible with iOS, Android and Blackberry iOS smartphones, Android and Apple tablets and Windows desktop computers running Windows XP or later operating systems.
Spread, margin and commissions
- Spread. The spread is the difference between the buy and sell price on a trade. City Index offers both fixed and variable spreads. The spread varies between products, but as an example the minimum spread applied on the forex AUD/USD currency pair is 0.5%.
- Margin. The margin is the amount needed for you to open a trade. City Index margins start from 0.5%.
- Commission. All CFDs are commission free, except Shares CFDs which vary. The commission charged on Australian shares is 0.08% ($5 minimum).
What are the pros and cons?
- MetaTrader 4 supported
- Free educational resources
- Free demo account available to practice with
- Minimum deposits are required to start trading
- Trading CFDs is extremely risky, and you could lose more than your initial capital
How to start trading with City Index
- Step 1. Open a City Index forex live trading account in minutes by filling out an application form online. You can do this by clicking the “Go to Site” button on this page.
- Step 2.You need to enter your name, address, date of birth and contact information.
- Step 3. Verify your identity using your Medicare card, passport or driver's licence.
- Step 4. You will also need to provide some information about your trading experience.
- Step 5. Log into your account and add funds via credit card, debit card, BPAY or wire transfer.
Alternatively, you can download a demo trading account by entering your name, email and phone number. You can use the demo account for 14 days to practice forex trading with $10,000 virtual funds. You can re-apply after 14 days if you want to continue trading using the demo account.