We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Certegy Ezi-Pay payment plans allow you to make purchases by paying an initial deposit and then repaying the balance in fortnightly installments. Besides fees for managing the account, you pay zero interest and you can use the account for a maximum of 24 months.
If you’d prefer to apply for credit before you shop, online pre-approval is available for up to $5,000 and valid for a period of 60 days. Certegy Ezi-Pay is available at thousands of businesses and merchants across Australia.
Certegy Ezi-Pay is now Humm. You can read our review of Humm here.
How does Ezi-Pay work?
Certegy Ezi-Pay offers shoppers payment plans that work like revolving credit accounts. You can either apply when you’re shopping or get pre-approval online, following which you pay an initial deposit for your purchase and then pay off the rest of the amount in instalments.
Your credit increases as you pay off the purchase and you can use the revolving credit for up to 24 months. You can make multiple purchases with your credit, but you’ll be charged a fee of $22 for every additional purchase. If you apply for pre-approval, you must use the credit within 60 days to avoid having to reapply.
Consumer accounts are managed online and through the Ezi-Pay smartphone app. If you’d like to settle your balance early or close your account, you can do so without being charged a penalty fee.
Features of shopping with Ezi-Pay
If you’d like to use an Ezi-Pay payment plan, here are some of its main features.
- Zero interest. Customers pay no interest for the duration of the repayment period.
- Additional purchases. After you’ve made your first purchase and deposit, you can carry on shopping with your available credit. Note: a fee of $22 applies for additional purchases.
- Wide network. Ezi-Pay is accepted by a wide network of businesses and merchants. Click on “Search for stores” to find shops that use Ezi-Pay.
- Online pre-approval. You can apply for pre-approval online before you go shopping. Pre-approval is available for up to $5,000 for a period of 60 days. If you don’t use the credit within those 60 days, you’ll have to reapply for another account.
- Accessibility. You can manage your Ezi-Pay account online or with the smartphone app. All fees and purchases can be viewed through your personal account.
- Pensioners welcome. Ezi-Pay accounts are available to Aged and Veteran pensioners with valid pension cards.
How much will it cost?
While you won’t pay interest on your repayments, the following fees still apply:
- Establishment fee. You will be charged an establishment of between $35 and $90 for setting up your account. You pay this fee off over the repayment period.
- Fees for additional purchases. While you can use your credit for more than one purchase, you will be charged a fee of $22 for each additional purchases.
- Monthly fee. A monthly account-keeping fee of $3.50 will be debited from your account as long as it stays open.
- Payment fee. A processing fee of $2.95 is charged with each payment.
- Late payment fees. Certain charges and fees are levied for late payments or if Certegy Ezi-Pay takes action against you to recover payments.
How to sign up with Certegy Ezi-Pay
If you’d like to apply for an Ezi-Pay payment plan, you can do it while you shop. If you’d like pre-approval before you begin shopping, click through to the site here and follow the instructions.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be a permanent Australian resident
- You must be employed for at least 30 hours a week or have a valid pension card
You’ll need to have the following handy when applying:
- Proof of identification, like a driver’s licence or pension card
- Proof of employment
- Details about your assets and liabilities
Have more questions about Certegy Ezi-Pay?
Want to give your savings a boost?
The Finder app hunts down personalised ways for you to save. You could save on your bills, mobile plan, credit card, insurance and more. Pop in your phone number below to get your download link.
More guides on Finder
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
Enjoy 10,000 bonus points and 12 months interest-free on balance transfers and purchases. Plus, an ongoing $0 annual fee.
PayPal launches cryptocurrency payments sending Bitcoin’s price soaring
PayPal, VISA and Bakkt have all announced various forms of crypto payments on their networks sending the price of Bitcoin back towards it's all time high.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
Kogan Money Black Card – Exclusive Offer
Pay 0% interest on balance transfers and get a $50 Kogan.com Credit with a new Kogan Money Black Card.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Ask an Expert