With no joining fee, unlimited kilometers and a low weekly fee, Atlas offers a competitive deal to get you driving with Uber.
Uber Marketplace offers users a great way to earn some extra money driving part-time or as your main full-time income. However, one of the biggest hurdles to starting your own small business with Uber is meeting the minimum vehicle requirements.
Car rental companies such as Atlas can help get you over that hurdle. Atlas is a traditional car-rental company that offers long-term rentals for drivers who use Uber Marketplace. You can rent new or late-model vehicles, and start Uber driving without having to buy or upgrade your own car.
Whilst we don't compare offers from this company, please use the table below to compare similar products.
What to consider when renting a vehicle from Atlas
There is a flat-fee structure and unlimited kilometers so you can drive, and earn, as much as you want. You pay a single weekly fee and are free to return the car any time. Weekly payments also make it easier to manage cashflow and forecast earnings.
You can choose from a wide range of vehicles, including some that are approved for UberXL and Uber Select.
The features of renting a car with Uber
Features of renting a car with Atlas include:
- Unlimited kilometers. All vehicles come with unlimited kilometres, which is not restricted to Uber driving; you can also use the car for personal trips.
- Flat-fee structure. Atlas includes all costs in the weekly fee which makes it easier to plan your outgoings, and prevents nasty surprises when insurance or service are due.
- No joining, establishment or cancellation fees. All that is required on sign-up is a one-week deposit and one-week advance payment.
- Commitment period. There is a minimum one-month rental period and return notice of two weeks. Other than that there are no commitments or contract.
- Online application. All processing is done online, so you don’t have to call or visit an office.
- Costs covered. Atlas takes care of any scheduled or warranty services, as well as insurance and registration.
- Multiple locations. Cars are available to rent in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Cairns.
How much does it cost?
Atlas charges an all-inclusive weekly fee starting at $180 for a hatch, and going up to $400 for a luxury model. Payments are taken weekly, in advance, by direct debit. There are no other costs as long as you return the vehicle undamaged, clean, full of petrol and will no outstanding tolls or fines.
How to sign up
If you interested in signing up, then enter your details in the Atlas online form. To be eligible for an Atlas rental you must be at least 21 years old and have held a driver’s licence for at least three years. When making your application you will need your driver’s licence and proof of Uber registration.
Atlas offers a convenient flat fee for Uber drivers. However, as it is purely a rental company, it does not have a rent-to-own scheme, so it doesn’t get you any closer to owning your own car. If this is something you are looking for, compare your other options before signing up.