Here's how to slim down your suitcase and make more room for new purchases.
If you're anything like me, chances are you've been on many a holiday and packed way too much stuff. Too many clothes, shoes you've never even worn before (that you bought last season), some sort of jewellery collection you've rustled up. It's the same story every time; the holiday excitements leads to being overly ambitious with all of the cute outfits for flitting around town in.. But this all falls apart when you have to navigate dressing appropriately for hours of walking each day, weather changes, impromptu evening events. You get the drift.
All that being said, recently I've become quite the pro-packer. With a little time dedicated to pre organisation you can master the skill of packing light (yes, it is possible!), ensuring you've got the essentials and enough room for bulk binge shopping sprees. Trust me, read on.Feature image source: THE ICONIC
You might also like
READ MORE: What to pack for your Euro vacation
- Hair dryer: Let's be real here, they're heavy and take up too much precious space. Hotels will have your back and if not, tousled hair is perfect for the effortlessly chic holiday look.
- Hair straightener: Refer to above. Unless you're dealing with frizzy hair and it's not up for discussion, leave the hair straightener at home.
- Magazines and books: Forget hard copies of books and magazines. It's 2016, people! Buy yourself a Kindle and load it up with this months best sellers.
- Jewellery: Stick with your daily essentials but leave any favourite (and expensive!) pieces of jewellery at home. The last thing you need is a beloved piece of treasure going MIA.
- Too many clothes: This is a big one we're all guilty of. Packing that top you love but have never actually worn is definitely a no go.
- Too many shoes: Shoes take up space, and depending on the type of holiday you're going on you'll definitely need a few options but pick pairs of shoes that are comfortable and go with everything. Sneakers, a pair of slides or sandals and a chunky heel should be enough.
- Denim: Jeans and jean jackets are heavy (and bulky in your suitcase!) trying slimming down your options to one pair of jeans. Opt for a lightweight jacket you can tie around your waist.
- The hat: How many times have you ruined a perfectly good hat on vacation? Pick up a cute cheaply when you get to your destination that can be left behind upon departure.
- New shoes: If you've bought a new pair of shoes and haven't yet worn them in, don't even go there! Dealing with blisters on your holiday is the very last thing you need.
9 holiday approved buys
Ray-Ban Hexagonal Flat Lens Round Sunglasses with Silver Flash Lens $237
Ultimate Ponte Blazer $87
Contrast Ribbed Panel T-Shirt $17.50
Atmos&Here Hayley Denim Mini Skirt $59.95
adidas Originals Stan Smith $130
Stevie May Flow LS Mini Dress $179
Satin 2-in-1 Black Slip Dress $50
Tie Front Side Split Blouse Grey $50
Silky Plunge Wrap Shift Dress Red $60