UCAR Uber Rental
Increase your Uber activity by renting near-new rentals with no sign-up or application fees.
UCAR allows you to rent an almost-new car from per week, including comprehensive insurance and 24-hour roadside assistance. You can sign up online and if approved, you’re able to collect your rental within a few days. Rentals are approved without credit checks or any upfront payments. You can use the car for personal use and you have the option to buy the car at the end of the rental period.
Whilst we don't compare offers from this company, please use the table below to compare similar products.
Factors to consider before renting a vehicle through UCAR
UCAR rental agreements are suited to Uber drivers who need an eligible Uber vehicle. Drivers must be at least 21 years old and prove that they’re driver-partners for UberX in Australia. Payments are made weekly by direct debit.
While there’s no joining fee, you will be required to pay a bond to cover unfair wear and tear. Cars supplied are near-new Toyota models and they must be serviced by approved Toyota dealerships. As long as the service is not as a result of misuse, UCAR will cover the cost.
Features of UCAR’s Uber rental
If you’re interested in renting a vehicle from UCAR, here are some of the features you can expect:
- Quick sign up and approval. The application process is online. If approved, you could be driving your rental within a few days of application.
- No credit checks. UCAR doesn’t perform credit checks as part of the application. As long as you’re an approved UberX driver and at least 21 years old, you can qualify for a rental agreement.
- No sign-up fees. You are not required to pay any upfront sign-up fees. However, the contract does require a bond to cover unfair wear and tear.
- Rates. You can rent a vehicle from $199 - $279 per week.
- Manufacturer-maintained cars. All cars must be serviced at accredited Toyota dealerships. UCAR will replace your vehicle every 12-18 months.
- Comprehensive insurance. You, plus any other authorised drivers, and the car are covered by comprehensive insurance and roadside assistance. In the event of an accident, excess payments vary according to your age and driving experience.
- Personal use. UCAR rentals can also be driven for personal use.
- Option to buy. If you like your UCAR rental, you have the option to purchase it at the end of the rental period.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with UCAR?
Below are some of the fees you will be charged as part of your UCAR rental agreement.
- Bond for wear and tear. As well as a one-off payment of $250, you will also be charged $50 each week for the first five weeks of the contract, which equals a total of $500 to cover unfair wear and tear, fines and other infringements. The remaining balance will be refunded at the end of the rental contract.
- Administration fees. A fee of $25 is charged for processing unpaid toll fees and fines.
- Excess. This will be charged in the event that you make an insurance claim. The amount will vary between $1,000 and $1,650 depending on your age and driving experience.
How to sign up with UCAR
If you’re interested in a rental contract with UCAR, you can sign up online. Before you start your application, make sure you meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must be a registered driver on the UberX platform.
- You must have a valid driver’s licence.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Proof of address
- Driver’s licence
- Proof that you an approved Uber driver
UCAR offers Uber drivers a way to rent well-maintained vehicles covered by comprehensive insurance. Be sure to compare rental agencies and their fees to find the deal that best suits you.