Renting a vehicle to work for Uber puts you in the driver's seat when it comes to earning your own money. Uber provides the flexibility of working your own hours and driving to the locations you choose. You have to be a registered driver with Uber in order to benefit from this. There are a variety of rental services to choose from that can help you get on the road with Uber, and the one you choose will depend on your personal circumstances.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Perth work?
In order to rent an Uber vehicle for Perth, you must be a registered Uber driver. First, you need to figure out your budget, and how to pay for the rental vehicle if you have a bad week with few or no pickups. Some features that are usually on offer in the rental fee include having comprehensive car insurance and being able to use the car for personal use, but this depends on the rental service that you choose. Another cost that needs to be accounted for is fuel, as this is not included in the rental fee. Finally, think about how long you’ll want a vehicle, as this is an important condition for any rental agreement. Once you’ve determined all this, you can compare your Uber rental options and then sign up with your preferred lender.
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Perth?
Some of the features included in a rental vehicle for Uber in Perth include:
- Limited or unlimited kilometre options. Depending on the rental vehicle provider you decide to go with, you may be offered unlimited kilometres or limited kilometre options. With these two options available, it puts you in control of how much you can earn.
- Range of vehicles. With many new vehicles on offer, you are able to decide what vehicle you feel comfortable driving. Smaller cars have smaller fees, but the larger cars allow you to carry more people. Choose wisely!
- Option to take a break. Since you pick the dates you want to rent the vehicle for, you do have the option to take a break. Some vehicle rental services offer “pay holidays” after a year of renting your vehicle from them so that allows you to take a break from driving for Uber.
- Get paid weekly. Partner up with Uber and benefit from getting paid weekly.
- Use the vehicle for Uber or for personal use. Depending on the vehicle rental lender, you are able to use the vehicle for personal use as well as driving around for Uber.
- Upfront fees. Some providers like Splend are upfront and open about the fees that they charge for rental vehicles for Uber, which can help you make your decision more easily.
Compare Uber vehicle rental providers in Perth
What are the costs to consider?
Some of the fees that you can expect to pay vary between rental services, but here is a general outline that includes the basic fees:
- A weekly or monthly rental fee. This fee includes comprehensive car insurance and sometimes 24/7 roadside assistance.
- A fee per kilometre. If you go over your limited kilometre rate, a fee can be charged per kilometre.
- An excess fee. If you get into a car accident with the rental vehicle, you will be required to pay an excess fee.
- Other fees and charges. Some rental vehicles charge you for leaving cigarette butts in your vehicle when you return it, and charge a late fee per hour. These are things to consider while looking for a rental vehicle.
Not interested in renting a car? Check out
Low rate car loans
Find and compare low interest rate car loan options and use your own vehicle to drive with Uber.
How do I sign up to rent an Uber vehicle?
In order to be eligible for a rental vehicle with Uber, you must meet the following:
- Be a registered driver with Uber
- Have an Australian driver’s licence
- Be over the age of 18 or 21. This varies depending on which lender you choose.
- A copy of your driver’s licence.
Before renting a vehicle to get on the road with Uber, it’s important to consider which rideshare rental services meet your own individual needs.
More guides on Finder
DiDi car rentals
Find out more about how you can be a driver with DiDi, even if you don't own your own car. Rent a car and start making money using the ridesharing platform.
Lamborghini finance Australia
Find out how you can finance a Lamborghini today.
Car sharing may change how we view our vehicles
Changing lifestyles could make car ownership a less convenient option.
Automotive industry launches airbag safety campaign
Easily find out if your car is affected by the Takata airbag recall.
Benefit from a range of finance options when looking to purchase a Mercedes-Benz.
Australian Vs. USA car prices 2017
Aussies are paying up to 185.14% extra for vehicles compared to our American friends.
Looking to purchase a new Nissan? Compare all of your financing options.
Hyundai finance options
Make sure to consider these Hyundai financing options before you buy a new or used Hyundai
Cheap Car Loans Australia (2023)
When you're shopping around for a new car, you surely want the cheapest car loan possible.
Car loan repayment calculator
Our car loan repayment calculator will help you work out how much your monthly, weekly or fortnightly car loan repayments will be to help you budget.
Ask an Expert