Drive with Uber
Rent a car for Uber in Perth
Rent a vehicle to drive for Uber in Perth and earn money on your own terms.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Renting a vehicle to work for Uber puts you in the driver's seat when it comes to earning your own money. Uber provides the flexibility of working your own hours and driving to the locations you choose. You have to be a registered driver with Uber in order to benefit from this. There are a variety of rental services to choose from that can help you get on the road with Uber, and the one you choose will depend on your personal circumstances.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Perth work?
In order to rent an Uber vehicle for Perth, you must be a registered Uber driver. First, you need to figure out your budget, and how to pay for the rental vehicle if you have a bad week with few or no pickups. Some features that are usually on offer in the rental fee include having comprehensive car insurance and being able to use the car for personal use, but this depends on the rental service that you choose. Another cost that needs to be accounted for is fuel, as this is not included in the rental fee. Finally, think about how long you’ll want a vehicle, as this is an important condition for any rental agreement. Once you’ve determined all this, you can compare your Uber rental options and then sign up with your preferred lender.
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Perth?
Some of the features included in a rental vehicle for Uber in Perth include:
- Limited or unlimited kilometre options. Depending on the rental vehicle provider you decide to go with, you may be offered unlimited kilometres or limited kilometre options. With these two options available, it puts you in control of how much you can earn.
- Range of vehicles. With many new vehicles on offer, you are able to decide what vehicle you feel comfortable driving. Smaller cars have smaller fees, but the larger cars allow you to carry more people. Choose wisely!
- Option to take a break. Since you pick the dates you want to rent the vehicle for, you do have the option to take a break. Some vehicle rental services offer “pay holidays” after a year of renting your vehicle from them so that allows you to take a break from driving for Uber.
- Get paid weekly. Partner up with Uber and benefit from getting paid weekly.
- Use the vehicle for Uber or for personal use. Depending on the vehicle rental lender, you are able to use the vehicle for personal use as well as driving around for Uber.
- Upfront fees. Some providers like Splend are upfront and open about the fees that they charge for rental vehicles for Uber, which can help you make your decision more easily.
Compare Uber vehicle rental providers in Perth
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What are the costs to consider?
Some of the fees that you can expect to pay vary between rental services, but here is a general outline that includes the basic fees:
- A weekly or monthly rental fee. This fee includes comprehensive car insurance and sometimes 24/7 roadside assistance.
- A fee per kilometre. If you go over your limited kilometre rate, a fee can be charged per kilometre.
- An excess fee. If you get into a car accident with the rental vehicle, you will be required to pay an excess fee.
- Other fees and charges. Some rental vehicles charge you for leaving cigarette butts in your vehicle when you return it, and charge a late fee per hour. These are things to consider while looking for a rental vehicle.
Not interested in renting a car? Check out
Low rate car loans
Find and compare low interest rate car loan options and use your own vehicle to drive with Uber.
How do I sign up to rent an Uber vehicle?
In order to be eligible for a rental vehicle with Uber, you must meet the following:
- Be a registered driver with Uber
- Have an Australian driver’s licence
- Be over the age of 18 or 21. This varies depending on which lender you choose.
- A copy of your driver’s licence.
Before renting a vehicle to get on the road with Uber, it’s important to consider which rideshare rental services meet your own individual needs.
More guides on Finder
2021 Jaguar F-pace R-Dynamic SE D300 Review
The Jaguar F-Pace has had a facelift and an overhaul inside for 2021, improving what was already an impressive package.
2021 Kia Sportage Review
In 2020, the Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 and Nissan X-Trail all outsold the Kia Sportage. That's not to say this is a bad car; in fact, the motoring media reviewed it favourably.
Volvo Concept Recharge fully electric SUV: 15 sexiest new features
Car manufacturer Volvo shows off its vision for the next generation of electric vehicles, starting with the Volvo Concept Recharge SUV.
2021 Kia Carnival review
With Australians purchasing larger, more stylish, three-row SUVs as opposed to people-movers, Kia has decided to make some changes.
Business loans for Centrelink recipients
Centrelink might block your business idea from taking off, but a variety of finance options including government schemes can help your business succeed.
The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
A tax return isn't the only thing you have to look forward to this end of financial year.
2021 MG HS Review
MG's HS is a convincing mid-size SUV. It offers undeniable value, a well-designed interior, ample practicality and is a genuinely attractive car from the still fledgling brand.
2021 Genesis G80 Review
There is plenty to like about the 2021 Genesis G80 from its sharp and rather unique good looks to the level of equipment fitted as standard.
2021 BMW 430i Review
Sibling rivalry: Which is better – the BMW 430i Coupé or the entry-level 420i Coupé?
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Ask an Expert