Rent or rent-to-own a RideLender vehicle with comprehensive cover and no hidden fees.
RideLender offers both individuals and businesses vehicle rental contracts starting from $175 per week with limited free kilometres. All contracts include comprehensive insurance and the vehicle is also covered for servicing and extended maintenance.
If you’d like to rent-to-own a vehicle, you simply make weekly payments over a period of three years, with a $40 discount in fees after each year. This option is available for both new and used cars, with a two-year payment period for used cars.
Whilst we don't compare offers from this company, please use the table below to compare similar products.
Factors to consider before renting a vehicle through RideLender
These rental agreements are tailored to Uber drivers who want to drive for Uber but not use their own car, or who don’t have an eligible vehicle to use. While the vehicle can also be used for personal purposes, it’s important to read the terms and conditions to avoid misuse and any charges that may apply.
No joining fees are charged for basic renting but you’ll be asked to pay a bond of $750 to cover the basic insurance excess. Rent-to-own drivers pay a membership fee of $750. Drivers under the age of 25 must pay an additional $500.
Features of RideLender’s vehicle rental
Below are some of the features of RideLender’s rental agreements.
- Uber and personal use. While RideLender does allow for personal use, more than 50% of the vehicle’s use must be for business purposes.
- Three rental options. You can choose from three rental options: $185 per week for a used car and 450km free, $238 per week for a new or used car and 1,000km free, or $265 per week for a new or used car and unlimited kilometres.
- Rent-to-own. RideLender offers you the option of renting with the intention of buying the vehicle. The rent-to-own contract includes the same insurance and maintenance cover as a rent-only agreement. You can own a new car after three years, or a used car after two years.
- No joining fee. Simple renters are not charged a joining fee, but rent-to-own drivers must pay a membership fee of $750.
- Insurance and maintenance. All vehicles are covered by comprehensive insurance, service and maintenance. The basic insurance excess is charged at the start of the contract and is refunded within 14 days following the end of the rental period.
- Drivers under 25 years allowed. If you’re under the age of 25 you will be asked to pay an additional age excess of $500.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with RideLender?
The following are some of the fees and charges you might have to pay.
- Basic insurance excess. All drivers must pay $750 to cover the basic insurance excess.
- Age excess. If you’re under 25, you pay an additional $500.
- Joining fee. If you’d like to rent-to-own, you will be asked to pay a membership fee of $750.
- Toll fees. RideLender will hold $250 to cover toll fees. At the end of the rental period, you will be refunded the amount minus the toll fees accumulated.
- Late return fee. If you return the vehicle after the rental period has ended, you will be charged $5 for every hour you are late.
- Break fee. If you’d like to return the vehicle before the end of the rental period, you will be charged a break fee of $110.
- Administration fees. You will be charged an administration fee of $10 per toll or fine incurred during the rental period.
How to sign up with RideLender
If you’re interested in signing up with RideLender, you must submit your details through a simple online form. Before doing so, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must have a valid driver’s licence.
- You must own a smartphone.
- Drivers aged 25 years and under can apply, but you will be charged an additional age excess of $500.
When applying, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your driver’s licence
- Identification, including an ID card or passport
- Contact information
- Bank information
Renting a vehicle for Uber driving is a good way to make some extra money without running up the mileage on your own car. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions and take the time to compare rental options before making a decision.