Revolut travel account review
- Initial Load Fee
- Reload fee
Revolut is a digital bank with an app that lets you manage your money in one place. For travel, this includes being able to load and spend money in different currencies, including US dollars, British pounds, Euros and Indonesian rupiah – as well as Australian dollars. You can also transfer funds to other people from the app.
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, CNY, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, AED, IDR, INR|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||
Standard: $350 per month, then a 2% fee applies per transaction
Premium: $700 per month, then a 2% fee applies per transaction
Metal: $1,400 per month, then a 2% fee applies per transaction
|Available to Temporary Residents?||No|
What currencies can I load on the Revolut Travel Money Card?
Revolut lets you load and spend money in over 30 currencies, including:
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Great British pounds (GBP)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Indian rupees (INR)
- Indonesian rupiah (IDR)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- Singapore dollars (SGD)
- Thai baht (THB)
- United Arab Emirates dirham (AED)
- US dollars (USD)
Features of Revolut
- 3-month Premium trial. When you sign up for Revolut through the supported link, you'll get 3 months of the Premium plan to try out the travel perks and other account features before the monthly $9.99 fee applies.
- Support for over 30 currencies. This account lets you load, spend and transfer money in a huge range of different currencies.
- Real-time exchange rates. The Revolut app shows the exchange rate for any supported currency at the time you're checking. This can make it easier to plan when you convert currencies, or transfer funds to other people.
- Foreign currency transfers. Revolut lets you transfer funds to other people in supported currencies.
- Travel perks for Premium and Metal plans. These plans offer discounted rates at 1000+ airport lounges globally, complimentary access if your flight is delayed more than 1 hour and reduced fees when you're sending money overseas.
- Security features. You can freeze your Revolut Visa card and account in moments through the app, set custom limits and access support when you're travelling or in Australia. You can also set up single-use virtual cards when you're shopping online.
How much does Revolut cost?
- Monthly fee. Revolut account fees depend on the plan you choose:
- Standard: $0 monthly fees
- Premium: $0 for the first 3 months, then $9.99 per month
- Metal: $24.99 per month
- Exchange fees. The standard fees are $0 for up to AU$2,000 per month, then 0.5% of the value of the exchange. For THB and UAH currency exchanges, a fee worth 1% of the exchange value applies.
- Exchange limits. Each type of Revolut has different monthly limits on how much you can exchange to a different currency.
- Standard: Up to $9,000 per month
- Premium: Up to $20,000 per month
- Metal: Unlimited
- ATM fees. You can withdraw money from ATMs for free, up to the monthly limit on your account.
- Standard: $350 per month, then a 2% fee applies per transaction
- Premium: $700 per month, then a 2% fee applies per transaction
- Metal: $1,400 per month, then a 2% fee applies per transaction
How to apply for Revolut
You can set up a Revolut account in a few minutes by downloading the app from the website. You'll just need meet the following requirements.
- Australian residency. You must be a resident of Australia.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- New customer. You're only eligible for one Revolut personal account.
- Requested details. You'll need to provide a few basic details, including your mobile phone number, name and email address. You may also be asked for proof of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked