Rent long term or just for the weekend. Whatever your style or availability, Rent2Drive gives you the chance to drive for Uber.
Renting a car to drive for Uber is a great option for those who don’t have an eligible vehicle to use or the money to buy one. It’s also a convenient way for drivers to manage cash flow as rental fees are usually all inclusive.
Businesses offering car rentals to Uber drivers either have traditional rental contracts or rent-to-own schemes. Both options have pros and cons depending on your circumstances. Rent2Drive offers a full range of rental and rent-to-own options for experienced Uber drivers.
Whilst we don't compare offers from this company, please use the table below to compare similar products.
Factors to consider before renting a vehicle through Rent2Drive
Rent2Drive was one of the first businesses to offer rentals to Uber drivers. It’s a specialty Uber rental business that doesn’t offer any other services. Both rental and rent-to-own schemes are available.
One unique point is Rent2Drive's weekend rental option, which means you don’t have to have your car on the road 24/7. A full range of cars with phone support and roadside assist services are available.
Features of Rent2Drive’s vehicle rental
Here some of the benefits of renting with Rent2Drive:
- No upfront costs. Rent2Drive only charges a weekly rental fee. No establishment fees, early return fees or deposits are required.
- Unlimited kilometres. Drive as much as you want for Uber or personal reasons with unlimited kilometres.
- Range of cars. Rent2Drive has both new and recent used cars in a range of shapes and sizes.
- No lock-in contract. Rent2Drive offers flexible rental contracts so you’re not locked in fo>r a minimum period.
- 24/7 helpline and roadside assist. Focus on driving, not what you’ll do if you break down. Rent2Drive has a full-time contact centre and a roadside assist service.
- Weekend rentals. Pick up a car on Friday afternoon and return it on Sunday afternoon. Rental can be shared between family and friends.
- Rent-to-own. If you want to eventually own your car, Rent2Drive offers a rent-to-own scheme for top performing Uber drivers.
- Insurance replacement vehicles. Rent2Drive provides replacement vehicles for Uber drivers who need to rent while their own vehicle is being repaired
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with Rent2Drive?
Rent2Drive has a flat fee structure made up of one weekly fee:
- Weekly fee. Fees start at $250 and go up to $330, depending on what vehicle you choose.
- Insurance excess deposit. A refundable $650 excess deposit is direct debited from your account over the first 13 weeks of the rental period. This is refunded if you do not make any at-fault insurance claims.
How to sign up with Rent2Drive
Before signing up with Rent2Drive, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria. You must be:
- Aged between 23 and 75
- A five-star rated Uber driver
Before you can drive the car away you will need to provide copies of your:
- Driver’s licence
- Credit card
Rent2Drive offers one of the more simple and upfront rental options for Uber drivers. With the flexibility to return the car at anytime or rent only on weekends, Rent2Drive is a viable option if you would like to try life as an Uber driver. However, make sure you compare all your rental options before signing up.
Rent2Drive allows you to Uber on the weekends or all the time.