Rapid Loans is a short term lender. Find out more about their loans, the fees and charges involved and how to apply.
Rapid Loans has provided secured personal loans online since 2003. In that time, it's serviced over 25,000 borrowers to help them meet their personal finance needs. This business is completely online, which means that successful applicants are able to get their funds more quickly than traditional loan providers. Borrowers should however be aware that loan convenience may come with high fees and interest attached.
Rapid Loans offers short term loans, fast-cash loans and online car loans. All of these loans can be tailored to the borrower's needs.
Types of loans from Rapid Loans
- Online car loan. This loan allows customers to borrow from $2,000 up to $25,000 to ensure that applicants can get the car that they want. Customers can also get pre-approval for this loan, so when someone finds the right car, they can get it on the spot. The minimum loan term is 18 months and the maximum is 40 months. The interest rate for this loan is 18.75% and the comparison rate is 48% p.a.
- Short term cash personal loans. Customers can borrow $2,000 to $10,000 over a 6- to 24-month period with a short term cash personal loan. The comparison rate for this loan is 48% p.a.
Features associated with a Rapid Loans short term loan
Some of the features of a short term loan from Rapid Loans include:
- Personalised plans. Rapid Loans can take a look at a person's situation and work out whether or not their loans are for them. It can also tailor loans to suit borrowers.
- Flexible repayments. Rapid Loans allow repayments to be scheduled weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on the borrower's pay cycle.
- Completely online. Rapid Loans is an online company which takes the hassle out of going into a lender and waiting for approval. Customers can apply for their loans in the comfort of their own home.
- Quick turnover. Once someone's been approved for a loan, they will receive the money into their nominated bank account within two business days.
- Quick online application process. Applying directly on the website only takes 10 minutes to complete.
- Low minimum amount. With a personal loan from Rapid Loans, customers can apply for a minimum of $2,000 and a maximum of $10,000.
- Flexible loan terms. The loan terms for a personal loan vary from six months to 40 months.
- Bad credit history. If an applicant has a bad credit history or they receive Centrelink benefits, they can still apply for a loan, as Rapid Loans will consider their most recent payment history to determine their eligibility.
Fees and charges
Depending on the amount someone applies for and the repayment term will determine their fees. For example, a loan of $2,500 with a 24-month term has a total cost of $1394.38. This works out to be 55% of the borrowing amount.
It is important that applicants to read through their contract carefully before signing, as all of the fees will be outlined within it, including additional fees such as late payment fees and whether or not they will be charged dishonour fees. Customers should not take out a loan with Rapid Loans that they cannot afford to repay.
Is Rapid Loans loans safe?
Rapid Loans is safe. It has an Australian Credit Licence number provided clearly on its site, is transparent with its fee structure once someone has been approved for a loan and has contact information listed on every page of the website. However, while Rapid Loans are a responsible lender, no lender can be 100% certain that all of their customers will be fully able to repay their loans without difficulty. So, it is in part every applicant's responsibility to determine whether or not they can realistically afford a loan, prior to submitting an application.
How to apply for a short term loan from Rapid Loans
Rapid Loans is a secured loan service which means that customers will require an asset to put against the loan, such as a car or a home. Here’s how to start the application process. Applicants should:
- Click on ‘Go to Site’
- Fill out their contact details, the amount that they want to borrow and the terms for repayment
Once those actions have been completed, someone from Rapid Loans will contact the applicant in regards to their application and they will need to provide the following documents:
- Valid photo ID (such as a driver’s licence)
- Three references. Including the name, contact details and the applicant's relationship to the reference
- A current vehicle registration certificate/rates notice, including the VIN number of the vehicle
- Proof of residence in Victoria or Queensland. Their license plate number will suffice
- They will have to sign up for Credit Sense, provide a 90-day bank statement and their Centrelink statement
- Their rent/board cost per week or fortnight
Frequently asked questions
What’s the standard interest rate on a personal loan with Rapid Loans?
The standard interest rate on a personal loan is 9.75% with a comparison rate of 48% p.a. This is the maximum amount that can be charged for a personal loan under ASIC's regulations.
How do I apply for a personal loan?
Customers can apply online, or enter their contact details through the website and one of Rapid Loans’ customer service team will contact them.
Can I apply if I’m on Centrelink?
Rapid Loans allows customers to apply for their loans if they're on Centrelink. However, the applicant must be able to prove that they can make their payments.
How quick is the approval process?
The approval process is fast and the applicant will know whether or not they have been successful in one to two business days.
Can pensioners apply for this loan?
Yes they can, they just have to make sure they apply for an amount they can afford to pay off over the loan term.
Read more on this topic
Safe Financial Small Loan Safe Financial offers short term loans between $1,000 and $5,000 with repayment terms up to 52 weeks.
Short term loans vs rent to buy Learn how they work and whether they make sense for you.
A guide to multiple payday loans Can you have more than one payday loan at a time? We take you through what you need to know before you submit your second application.
Over $11.5 million lent by payday loan alternative BaptistCare has approved 16 loans per week to some of Australia’s most financially vulnerable people.
NAB launches its answer to the payday loan problem Speckle will provide loans of up to $2,000 at around half the cost of payday loan competitors.
Short term loans lender Jacaranda Finance to provide positive credit data Jacaranda will start contributing positive credit data alongside the major banks on 1 July 2018.
ASIC takes two payday lenders to task Good to Go Loans and Web Moneyline take products offline following ASIC "concerns".
Jacaranda Finance moves from small loans into big data The fintech startup is looking to approve borrowers that other lenders are missing.
Australians are still taking out a lot of payday loans $271.5 million in revenue for Cash Converters despite regulatory crackdowns on short-term lending.
UK to use comparison sites to keep payday lenders in check New regulations will force lenders to advertise at least one comparison website.
Ask an Expert