Earn Qantas points as you spend and access multiple currencies overseas with the prepaid Qantas Cash card.
Qantas Cash is a prepaid travel money card and rewards debit card. It allows you to load and spend in up to 11 currencies and earns Qantas Points per $1 spent overseas and in Australia. It also doubles as your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership card.
Qantas Card with Qantas Cash®
The Qantas Card with Qantas Cash® allows you to earn Qantas Points on local and foreign transactions.
- Load funds in Australian Dollars, US Dollar, Euro, Great British Pound, New Zealand Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Japanese Yen, Thai Baht and UAE Dirham.
- Locked-in exchange rates for multiple currencies.
- Ability to load money and convert currencies 24/7 via a secure online portal.
- Accepted at over 29 million locations worldwide, across more than 60 countries.
Qantas Cash prepaid frequent flyer card review
This prepaid Mastercard product allows you to load and spend money in a variety of currencies, making it ideal for travel or online shopping. It also gives you a way to boost your Qantas Frequent Flyer point balance, offering 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent in a foreign currency and 1 Qantas point per $2 spent in Australian Dollars.
In addition to these features, the Qantas Cash card charges no monthly account fees and offers fee-free options for loading money onto the account. It also comes with Mastercard PayPass technology and chip-and-PIN security.
Benefits of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Card
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. This card offers 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent in a foreign currency and 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent in Australian Dollars.
- Lock-in exchange rates. Pre-load foreign currency on the card before you travel to lock in exchange rates, avoid market fluctuations and optimise your travel money budget.
- No domestic ATM fees. This card doesn't charge a fee for ATM withdrawals in Australia.
- Load up to 11 currencies. Qantas Cash allows you to load and spend in the following currencies: Australian Dollars, US Dollar, Euro, Great British Pound, New Zealand Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Japanese Yen, Thai Baht and UAE Dirham.
- Security. This card includes chip-and-PIN technology, 24/7 support services and Mastercard's Zero Liability Policy against fraudulent transactions. It also gives you the ability to suspend your card and access emergency funds if it's lost or stolen.
- Worldwide acceptance. The Qantas Cash card is accepted at 35 million locations and 2.1 million ATMs worldwide.
Features of the Qantas Cash prepaid frequent flyer card
The Qantas Cash card also includes the following features:
- Loading options. You can load money onto the card via bank transfer, BPAY or debit card.
- Loading times. The availability of funds you load onto the Qantas Cash card vary depending on the method you use. If you do a bank transfer, funds will be available on the next business day, while BPAY funds take 2-3 business days. Meanwhile, a debit card allows you to load funds instantly via the Qantas Cash website, but attracts a loading fee (see below).
- Debit card loading fee. If you use your debit card to load money onto the Qantas Cash prepaid card, a fee worth 1% of the total added to the card will apply. You can avoid this charge by adding money via BPAY or a bank transfer.
- Minimum and maximum load amounts. This prepaid frequent flyer card has a minimum load amount of AUD$50 and a maximum of $20,000 in any 24-hour period.
- Maximum balance. The most you can have loaded onto the Qantas Cash card at any time, across all currencies, is AUD$100,000 (or foreign currency equivalent).
- International ATM withdrawal fees. The following charges apply if you use this card to get cash at an ATM outside Australia: AUD$1.95, USD$1.95, GBP 1.25, EUR 1.50, THB 70, NZD$2.50, SGD 2.50, HKD 15.00, CAD$2.00, JPY 160, AED 6.50.
- ATM withdrawal limit. You can use this card to withdraw up to AUD$3,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) in any 24-hour period.
- Cash over counter limit. The maximum amount of cash out you can get at the checkout with this card is AUD$350 or the foreign currency equivalent.
- Online account management. This card offers online facilities so you can check your balance, move money between any of the supported currencies, transfer funds to another Qantas Cash cardholder, review your transactions and manage other account features.
Currency conversion order of priority
Qantas Cash will deduct from the relevant currency balance that the transaction is denominated in. If the denominated/ local currency is not available on the card, Qantas cash will work through the following order of priority.
Qantas Cash is designed to offer you more flexibility and affordability when you plan on spending money in a range of different currencies. This prepaid frequent flyer debit card also gives you a way to earn more Qantas Points for your spending both in Australia and overseas, making it a competitive alternative option to frequent flyer credit cards.
However, it does come with a range of requirements and limitations – such as an AUD$50 load minimum and varying loading times. This makes it important to read through the terms and conditions, and weigh up your other options so that you can decide if the Qantas Cash prepaid Mastercard is right for you.Back to top