Take control of your financial portfolio and learn how you can use Plus500’s platform to trade CFDs across 50 global markets.
As a leading provider of Contracts for Difference (CFDs), Plus500 offers CFD trading for retail customers with over 2,000 financial instruments including equities, ETFs, foreign exchange, indices and commodities across 20 different markets worldwide.
Plus500 AU LTD is licenced by the Australian Securities and investments Commission, and is suitable for experienced traders only.
Plus500 is currently offering a $30 signup bonus when you open an account. One bonus per household/IP address is available, and the bonus expires after 3 months. You also need to have 100TP (trading points) before you can withdraw the bonus. T&C's apply.
How does the Plus500 CFD Service Work?
When you activate a trading account, Plus500 will hold your money in a segregated trust account, consistent with Australian legal and regulatory requirements.
Plus500 generates its revenues from the dealing spreads on the online trading platform. Additionally, Plus500 obtains revenue from overnight premiums on certain positions held by customers overnight, as well as gains on customers’ trading positions. Plus500 won’t charge you a commission on trades.
Note that Plus500 is suitable only for traders who are experienced in how CFDs work. Plus500 and trading CFDs should not be attempted by beginners or those only starting to trade.
Risk warning: Your capital is at risk when trading CFDs.
Features of Plus500 CFD Service Platform
Gain access to financial market data including real-time data to help guide your trading decisions.
You can access the platform from multiple operating systems including Windows, smartphones (iOS and Android) and tablets (iOS and Android) so that you can continue trading wherever you may be.
You can trade CFDs in more than 50 overseas markets.
Low spreads between the buy and sell prices of specific financial instruments.
Trade with leverage
Trade with up to 1:300 leverage with low margin demands.
Trade CFDs by accessing a range of 1 900 different global financial instruments.
Advanced technical analysis
Maximise your capability by using innovative analysis resources.
Risk management tools
Manage your risk with online share trading.
Plus500 is a reliable platform
Plus500 is licenced by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). Plus500AU, AFSL #417727 issued by ASIC is authorised to issue these products to Australian residents. Plus500 Ltd. is listed on the AIM, section of the London Stock Exchange (PLUS.L).Back to top
What are the benefits of using the Plus500 CFD Service platform for different financial instruments?
Trade Share CFDs
- Dividends from 20 different markets: Trade share CFDs in over 20 different markets and source real time quotes from these markets.
- Australian and global shares: Trade both national and global share CFDs easily.
- Trade stocks with leverage: Trade using small amounts of capital to realise the benefit of trading in larger amounts.
- Control over profits and losses: Predetermine your profit/loss, and your positions will automatically close when the set price is obtained. However, only the “guaranteed stop” feature offered with a wider spread will force the position to close at your chosen rate (price) even if the market price surpasses it.
- Advanced trading tools: Access to professional graphs, profit//loss limits and various currency pairs to guide your online trading.
- Over 50 forex pairs with leverage.
- Trade with leverage and low margin demands.
- Real-time index rates: Get free real-time rates and access real-time updates of graphs to gain insight into rate changes.
- Simple account management: applying for a demo account takes only a few minutes with Plus500 and you can use credit cards, wire transfer, PayPal or Skrill to fund your account.
- The ability to trade in commodities such as oil, gold and silver with leverage. You can make trades with as little as $100 with Plus500.
- Determine your order position: Use market predictions and analysis to pinpoint your opening buy or sale position and make profits from market fluctuations.
- Profit and loss control: Set predetermined profit/loss limits so your position will be closed when your values are obtained. However, only the “guaranteed stop” feature offered with a wider spread will force the position to close at your chosen rate (price) even if the market price surpasses it.
Exchange Traded Fund (ETFs) CFDs
- Advanced tracking tools: Access professional graphs, profit/loss limits and a variety of CFDs on ETFs.
- Trade on the ETF market with high leverage and low margins.
- Simple account management: Opening a demo account is quick and can be funded by credit card, Skrill, PayPal or wire.
Trade cryptocurrency with Plus500
Plus500 lets you trade a wide range of cryptocurrencies with up to 1:20 leverage. Its range of trading features such as price alerts and stops, including stop loss and trailing stop, are also well suited to the volatile nature of cryptocurrency and can help you manage your risk.
At Plus500 you can trade all of the following against USD:
Pros and cons of the Plus500 CFD Service
- No commissions: Low spreads between the buy and sell prices.
- Advanced analysis tools: Access to industry and company data, including real-time live streaming quotes, to guide your trading decisions.
- Trade on margin: Leverage up to 1:300 to maximise your profits on financial instruments.
- Risk management: Use resources to manage your trading risk.
- Straightforward account funding: Opening a demo account with Plus500 takes just 5 minutes and you can find your account by credit card, Skrill, Paypal or wire.
- CFD-only service: Note that Plus500 only offers the ability to trade CFDs. If you wish to trade shares and other instruments you might want to compare other online trading platforms.
- For experienced investors only: CFDs should only be traded if you’re an experienced trader due to the increased risk present.
Fees of the Plus500 CFD Service
- Spread only: Unlike other providers that also charge commissions on each trade, Plus500 does not charge any dealing commissions.
- Premium: If you maintain a position open after a specified time, as outlined in the ‘Instrument Details’, a funding premium may be added or subtracted to your account. This fee covers the benefit/cost of the associated funding.
- Inactivity fee: $10. In the event that your Trading Platform is inactive for 3 months, you will incur a fee of $10. This is to offset the cost incurred in making the service available to you, even though it’s not being used.
Help! I have some more questions
With trading diversification, Plus500 offers you the chance to trade CFDs in over 50 international markets. As a reliable trading platform, you can trade with leverage by accessing their state-of-the-art technical analysis tools designed for experienced investors.