Take control of your financial portfolio and learn how you can use Plus500’s platform to trade CFDs across 50 global markets.
As a leading provider of Contracts for Difference (CFDs), Plus500 offers CFD trading for retail customers with over 1,900 financial instruments including equities, ETFs, foreign exchange, indices and commodities.
Plus500 AU LTD is regulated by Australian Securities and investments Commission, and is suitable for experienced traders only.
Plus500 is currently offering a $30 signup bonus when you open an account. One bonus per household/IP address is available, and the bonus expires after 3 months. You also need to have 60 TPoints before you can withdraw the bonus. T&C's apply.
How does the Plus500 CFD Service Work?
When you activate a trading account, Plus500 will hold your money in a segregated trust account, consistent with Australian legislation standards.
Plus500 generates its revenues from the dealing spreads on the online trading platform. Additionally, Plus500 obtains revenue from overnight premiums on certain positions held by customers overnight, as well as gains on customers’ trading positions.
Plus500 won’t charge you a commission on trades.
Note that Plus500 is suitable only for traders who are experienced in how CFDs work. Plus500 and trading CFDs should not be attempted by beginners or those only starting to trade.
Risk warning: Your capital is at risk when trading CFDs.
Features of Plus500 CFD Service Platform
Market data & research
Gain access to financial market data including real-time data and company annual reports to help guide your trading decisions.
You can access the platform from multiple operating systems including Windows, smartphones (iOS and Android) and tablets (iOS and Android) so that you can continue trading wherever you may be.
You can trade CFDs in more than 50 overseas markets.
Low spreads between the buy and sell prices of specific financial instruments.
Trade with leverage
Trade with up to 1:294 leverage with low margin demands.
Trade CFDs by accessing a range of 1 900 different global financial instruments.
Advanced technical analysis
Maximise your capability by using innovative analysis resources.
Risk management tools
Manage your risk with online share trading.
Plus500 is a reliable platform
Plus500 is regulated by Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). Plus500AU, AFSL #417727 issued by ASIC is authorised to issue these products to Australian residents. Plus500 is listed on the AIM, section of the London Stock Exchange.Back to top
What are the benefits of using the Plus500 CFD Service platform for different financial instruments?
Trade Share CFDs
- Dividends from 20 different markets: Trade share CFDs in over 20 different markets and source real time quotes from these markets.
- Australian and global shares: Trade both national and global share CFDs easily.
- Trade stocks with leverage: Trade using small amounts of capital to realise the benefit of trading in larger amounts.
- Control over profits and losses: Predetermine your profit/loss, and your positions will automatically close when the set price is obtained.
- Advanced trading tools: Access to professional graphs, profit//loss limits and various currency pairs to guide your online trading.
- Over 50 forex pairs with leverage: Trade with up to 1:294 leverage. You can begin trading with Plus500 with just AU$200 to reap the potential benefit of AU$40 000 in capital.
- Trade with leverage: Trade with up to 1:294 leverage and low margin demands.
- Real-time index rates: Get free real-time rates and access real-time updates of graphs to gain insight into rate changes.
- Simple account management: It takes just 5 minutes to open a demo account with Plus500 and you can use credit cards, wire transfer, PayPal or Skrill to fund your account.
- Trade with leverage: The ability to trade in commodities such as oil, gold and silver with up to 1:151 leverage. You can make trades with as little as $100 with Plus500.
- Determine your order position: Use market predictions and analysis to pinpoint your opening buy or sale position and make profits from market fluctuations.
- Profit and loss control: Set predetermined profit/loss limits so your position will be closed when your values are obtained.
Exchange Traded Fund (ETFs) CFDs
- Advanced tracking tools: Access professional graphs, profit/loss limits and a variety of CFDs on ETFs.
- High leverage, low margin: Trade on the ETF market with up to 1:100 leverage. The platform enables you to start trading ETFs with starting amounts as small as $200.
- Simple account management: Opening a demo account is quick and can be funded by credit card, Skrill, PayPal or wire.
- CFDs on various instruments: Trade on shares, commodities, indices or forex.
- Up to 1:294 leverage: Gain the benefits of low margins on CFDs.
Pros and cons of the Plus500 CFD Service
- No commissions: Low spreads between the buy and sell prices.
- Advanced analysis tools: Access to industry and company data, including real-time live streaming quotes, to guide your trading decisions.
- Trade on margin: Leverage up to 1:294 to maximise your profits on financial instruments.
- Risk management: Use resources to manage your trading risk.
- Straightforward account funding: Opening a demo account with Plus500 takes just 5 minutes and you can find your account by credit card, Skrill, Paypal or wire.
- CFD-only service: Note that Plus500 only offers the ability to trade CFDs. If you wish to trade shares and other instruments you might want to compare other online trading platforms.
- For experienced investors only: CFDs should only be traded if you’re an experienced trader due to the increased risk present.
Fees of the Plus500 CFD Service
- Spread only: Unlike other providers that also charge commissions on each trade, Plus500 does not charge any dealing commissions.
- Premium: If you maintain a position open after a specified time, as outlined in the ‘Instrument Details’, a funding premium may be added or subtracted to your account. This fee covers the benefit/cost of the associated funding.
- Inactivity fee: $5. In the event that your Trading Platform is inactive for 3 months, you will incur a fee of $US5. This is to offset the cost incurred in making the service available to you, even though it’s not being used.
Help! I have some more questions
What is a CFD?
Contracts for Differences (CFDs) are designed to enable customers to enjoy the benefits of possessing stock, index, ETF, forex or commodity position without having to physically own the financial instrument.
You enter into a CFD at a quoted price and obtain the difference between this price and the price when the position is settled.
For instance, you can buy (“go long”) and close the position later by selling. Otherwise you can sell (“go short”) and close the position later by buying. Selling at a higher/lower price than the purchase price generates a gain or loss.
What are the risks of trading CFDs?
While trading with CFDs can yield profitability, it also carries significant risk that you could make a loss on your original investment.
Fluctuations in the price of the margin contract’s underlying asset, such as shares or indices, are influenced by a number of factors in the market. Strong movements in the price of the underlying asset may occur in the market as a result of which you may be unable to settle adverse trades.
Due to this risk, CFDs are not suitable for all investors.
How can I fund my Plus500 account? Can I use cash?
Funding and withdrawing funds from your Plus500 account is simple. Plus500 accepts the following methods:
- Visa/Mastercard: To fund your account simply visit the main trading lobby screen, click ‘funds management’, select ‘Visa/Mastercard, choose the amount you want to deposit and enter your details, then click ‘Submit.’
- Skrill: To fund your account using Skrill, visit the main trading lobby page, select ‘funds management’, select ‘Skrill’, choose the amount and enter your email address, then confirm the transfer on the Skrill webpage.
- Wire Transfer: To fund your account using Wire Transfer, visit the main trading lobby screen, select ‘funds management’, select ‘Wire’, select ‘Send me Wire Details’ and then follow the instructions that will be sent to your email.
- PayPal: To fund your account with PayPal simply head over to the main trading lobby screen, select ‘funds management’, then select ‘PayPal’, choose the amount and enter your details, then confirm the transfer on the PayPal website.
Plus500 do not accept cash as a funding method.
Does Plus500 offer a demo account? What are the features?
Plus500 offer a demo account which can help you navigate your way through trading. Simply download the free software, open an account and start trading with demo funds. Plus500 provide online help pages that provide assistance to help you start trading effectively.
The primary features of the demo account include:
- Real market insight: This enables you to familiarise yourself with the platform and gain insight to realistic trading conditions reflecting realistic trading conditions.
- No time limit: This means that you can spend as long as you like learning the ropes of the trading platform.
- No risk: The ability to understand all the Plus500 features without risking your capital.
- Develop trading strategies: The opportunity to set up, review and simulate strategies.
- Customer care: Online support to help you every step of the way.
With trading diversification, Plus500 offers you the chance to trade CFDs in over 50 international markets. As a reliable trading platform, you can trade with leverage by accessing their state-of-the-art technical analysis tools designed for experienced investors.