Learn how you can use Plus500’s platform to access more than 2000 trading instruments.
As a leading provider of Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in Australia, Plus500 offers CFD trading for retail customers with over 2000 financial instruments including equities, ETFs, foreign exchange, indices and commodities across 20 different markets worldwide.
Accessible from multiple operating systems including Windows, smartphones (iOs and Android), tablets (iOS and Android) as well as the internet, Plus500 has one of the highest ratings for CFD trading apps on Apple’s Appstore and Google Play due to its user-friendly and innovative features.
Plus500 is headquartered in Israel, and holds licenses in multiple jurisdictions, allowing it to service clients in 20 counties worldwide. Its Australian subsidiary, Plus500 AU LTD, is licensed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
What can I trade with Plus500?
Trading in financial instruments carries various risks, and an you can lose more than your capital. This article may contain general advice. You should always seek professional advice when deciding if a product is right for you.
- Shares CFDs. Australian and global share CFDs are available from over 20 different countries. This includes United States markets, Germany, the UK, France and more. Some of the most popular CFDs are Exxon, Sina, Best Buy Co. and the Bank of Queensland. Qantas Airways is another choice as is Tesla Motors and UniCredit.
- Forex CFDs. You can access the Foreign Exchange Market (Forex) through Plus500 and pay no commissions on your activity. A free demo account to try it out is provided, as is leverage if you need help in increasing your profitability.
- Index CFDs. There are dozens of indices available to choose from with Plus500 to help in diversifying your investments. Pick from Australia 200, USA 30, Italy 40 and many more. Leverage is also provided with Index CFDs if you want to stretch your investment dollars.
- Commodities CFDs. With as little as $100 Australian dollars you can start trading in oil, gold and other commodities. You are enabled to set your own profit and loss limits with commodity trading, giving you better control over the risk you are taking. However, only the “guaranteed stop” feature offered with a wider spread will force the position to close at your chosen rate (price) even if the market price surpasses it.
- ETFs CFDs. An Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) with low spreads is another CFD trading option that Plus500 offers. This will give access to multiple funds with varying levels of risk.
- Options CFDs. Call or put options CFD on the Dax 30, S&P 500, CAC 40, MIB 40, and the AEX 25. No commissions are charged to you for this transactions, which can be made easily through the Plus500 online portal.
Trade cryptocurrency CFDs with Plus500
Plus500 lets you trade a wide range of cryptocurrency CFDs. Its range of trading features such as price alerts and stops, including stop loss and trailing stop, are also well suited to the volatile nature of cryptocurrency and can help you manage your risk.
At Plus500 you can trade CFDs on all of the following against USD:
What are the key features of Plus500 CFD trading?
The Plus500 CFD trading platform offers the following features:
Access more than 2000 trading products.
You'll have access to more than 2000 trading instruments including local and international shares, forex, commodities and even cryptocurrency.
Support for first-time traders.
There are multiple ways of obtaining trade support through Plus500 including an online FAQ page where you can quickly find answers to questions about your deposits, account and trading.
Free demo account.
Using “pretend’ money, you can learn how to effectively trade CFDs before committing your own money. There is no time limit for how long you can use the demo account, which subjects you to real market conditions so that you can see how well your strategies work.
Advanced trading tools.
A number of tools are included with your account that help you to manage your risk in the markets. This includes stop loss, stop limit, trailing stop, limit setting, price alerts and guaranteed stops.
Leverage up to 1:300.
You can increase your trading amount by taking advantage of the leverage offered with Plus500. Plus500 offers leverage of up to 1:300, and the ratio given to you will be dependent on what type of instruments you are trading.
Your money is held securely in a separate account.
When you activate a trading account, Plus500 will hold your money in a segregated trust account, consistent with Australian legal and regulatory requirements.
Gain access to financial market data including real-time data to help guide your trading decisions.
You can access the platform from multiple operating systems including Windows, smartphones (iOS and Android) and tablets (iOS and Android) so that you can continue trading wherever you may be.
Plus500 charges no commissions and offers low spreads between the buy and sell prices of specific financial instruments.
Plus500 is licenced in Australia by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
What support and information is available with Plus500?
Up to the minute market information can be accessed through your online trading platform, as well as graphs and charts to help you with your investment planning. If you are having an issue, the comprehensive FAQ page should be able to help solve your problem. If not, you can send an email to Plus500 addressing your concerns, which they will answer as quickly as possible.
Fees of the Plus500 CFD Service
- Spread only: Unlike other providers that also charge commissions on each trade, Plus500 does not charge any dealing commissions. The spread varies between products, and you can see up-to-date spreads when you login to your trading account.
- Premium: If you maintain a position open after a specified time, as outlined in the ‘Instrument Details’, a funding premium may be added or subtracted to your account. This fee covers the benefit/cost of the associated funding.
- Inactivity fee: $10. In the event that your Trading Platform is inactive for 3 months, you will incur a fee of $10. This is to offset the cost incurred in making the service available to you, even though it’s not being used.
What are the pros and cons of using Plus500 for my next trade?
- There's a range of trading instruments. Being a member of Plus500 gives you access to a broad range of investment options.
- You can trade in multiple international markets. With Plus500 you can invest in various markets around the globe.
- There are low fees. There is no enrolment fee for using the Plus500 platform or commissions.
- You get a free demo. For Australians who are new to trading the free demo can help you to understand how it works before you risk your own money.
- There's limited physical support. You are limited in expert support and advice with Plus500 compared to other online brokerage firms. It only has email and online chat services.
- Not a multi-asset platform. Plus500 specialise in CFD trading. You can not buy and own shares through this platform.
Note that Plus500 is suitable only for traders who are experienced in how CFDs work. Plus500 and trading CFDs should not be attempted by beginners or those only starting to trade.
Risk warning: Your capital is at risk when trading CFDs.Back to top
Help! I have some more questions
With trading diversification, Plus500 offers you the chance to trade CFDs in over 20 international markets. As a reliable trading platform, you can trade with leverage by accessing their state-of-the-art technical analysis tools designed for experienced investors.