Access more than 70 tradable instruments and flexible leverage of up to 500:1.
If you’re looking to trade forex or CFDs on the largest financial market in the world, a trading account with Pepperstone provides access to more than 70 tradeable instruments. With spreads starting from 0.0 pips and leverage of up to 500:1, Pepperstone provides trading products to suit everyone from forex novices through to veteran CFD traders.
There are four trading accounts to suit the unique needs of different types of traders, while a choice of 11 trading platforms allows you to access the market however and whenever you like.
Founded in 2010 and based in Melbourne, Pepperstone is an execution-only forex and CFD broker. It also has offices in London, Dallas, Shanghai and Bangkok, and aims to offer leading-edge products backed by friendly and professional customer service.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Offer
With a Pepperstone Live Account, you can earn Qantas points for every lot traded. Each eligible FX lot earns up to 10 points, to a maximum value of 10,000 points per month. This offer is available to new and existing clients of Pepperstone, if you link your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership to your Pepperstone trading account. Some limitations apply, so to see if you're able to access this deal, make sure you check out the Pepperstone website.
Additionally, new clients may also be eligible for the First Deposit Bonus, which earns you 10 frequent flyer points for every $1 deposited in your account (up to a maximum of 10,000 points). Exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, visit the Pepperstone website. If you're not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you can also access complimentary membership via Pepperstone's website.
What are the features of Pepperstone forex trading?
11 trading platforms.
Pepperstone provides forex traders with a choice of 11 platforms, including MetaTrader 4 and 5, WebTrader, cTrader and cTrader mobile.
4 account types.
Pepperstone offers a choice of the following four accounts to suit the needs of different traders:
- Standard STP Account. This classic account type offers interbank spreads from 1.0 pips and no commissions.
- Razor Account. This raw spread forex trading account offers spreads starting from 0.0 pips and charges a commission of $3.50 per $100,000 traded.
- Islamic Account. The Pepperstone Islamic Account offers straight-through processing and no swaps, with spreads starting from 1.0 pips and no commissions.
- Active Trader Program. Active traders can access a host of premium account features, including a dedicated relationship manager, a segregated customer account and advanced reporting tools.
70+ asset classes
Pepperstone provides access to more than 72 asset classes, including CFDs and a wide range of major and exotic currency pairs. Pairs offered include AUD/USD, EUR/USD, EUR/AUD, EUR/GBP, USD/CAD and many more.
No dealing desk.
Pepperstone is committed to “no dealing desk” intervention on any of its trading instruments.
Pepperstone clients can make use of the following order types: market orders, pending orders, limit orders, stop-loss orders and trailing stop orders.
You can access your Pepperstone trading account from your desktop computer or laptop via downloadable software, or through your chosen web browser. There are also apps available to allow you to trade on Apple and Android mobile devices.
Spreads on Pepperstone’s MetaTrader 4 platform are variable, and quotes come from up to 22 major banks and Electronic Crossing Networks. Spreads for the EUR/USD start at 0.0, while AUD/USD starts from 0.1
The minimum deposit required to open a Pepperstone forex trading account is USD$200 or equivalent.
Regulated in Australia.
Pepperstone is authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Payment methods available.
You can deposit funds into your Pepperstone forex trading account using the following payment options: credit card, bank transfer, broker to broker, BPAY, Skrill, Fasapay, Neteller, Poli, Qiwi Wallet and Union Pay.
What support is available with Pepperstone?
If you ever have a problem with your trading account, Pepperstone offers a comprehensive Live Support Centre. This provides access to a wide range of frequently asked questions and answers, as well as live online chat if you need personalised help. In fact, Pepperstone’s Melbourne office provides phone, email and live chat support 24 hours a day.
Pepperstone also provides a range of online resources to help you get more out of your trading account. These include forex trading guides, a glossary of important terms, historical data and market reviews.
Trade cryptocurrency with Pepperstone
Pepperstone offers cryptocurrency trading. You can trade four different cryptocurrencies against USD.
You can get leverage up to 1:20, and trade without any commission fees, while hedging bitcoin on a single account.
There are no commission fees, and session times as short as 1 minute and as long as 23 hours 59 minutes are available.
What are the pros and cons of using Pepperstone for forex trading?
- Access more than 70 tradable instruments. Pepperstone provides high-speed access to 77 trading instruments including forex, CFDs, metals, oil and indices.
- Choice of platforms. With 11 platforms available, you can access your Pepperstone trading account from your PC or Mac, via the web, or from your Apple or Android mobile device.
- Choice of account types. There are four account types available to suit novice investors and experienced traders, with spreads starting from 0.0 pips.
- Customer service and help. Pepperstone provides 24-hour customer support and a comprehensive online help centre to provide assistance whenever you need it.
- Award-winning broker. Pepperstone has won multiple awards for its online forex trading services. Most recently, in the 2016 Australia FX Report from Investment Trends, Pepperstone was ranked number one for overall client satisfaction, customer service, value for money, execution speed, spreads, platform reliability, platform ease of use, and commissions.
- Risky. Losses can exceed the money you deposit, so it’s important to be aware of all the risks involved with forex before you start trading.
How do I apply for an account with Pepperstone?
If you’d like to open a forex trading account with Pepperstone, you’ll need to click one of the “Go to site” links on this page. This will take you to the Pepperstone website where you can fill out an online application.
To apply you will need to provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- 100 points of ID
- Details of your chosen deposit method
You’ll need to deposit at least USD$200 or equivalent in order to open an account.
Do you have any more questions about Pepperstone?
Does Pepperstone accept US clients?
No. Pepperstone is prevented from accepting US clients by US Commodity Futures Trading Commission regulations.
Is there a demo account available?
Yes. You can open a 30-day practice trading account to “trade” with $50,000 in demo funds and test out the features of Pepperstone’s trading platforms.
Where does Pepperstone hold client funds?
Client funds are held in segregated client accounts with National Australia Bank (Australia) and Barclays (UK).
What level of leverage can I choose for my account?
You can choose leverage ranging from 1:1 to 500:1.
In what currencies can I hold funds in my Pepperstone account?
The following account currencies are available: AUD, USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, CHF, JPY, NZD, CAD, SGD and HKD.
Is Pepperstone a major player in forex and CFD trading?
Pepperstone is one of the world’s largest forex and CFD brokers and processes an average of USD$5.8 billion of trades every day.
Who is Pepperstone’s liquidity provider?
Pepperstone accesses liquidity from 22 tier-1 banks and liquidity providers.
How can I withdraw money from my Pepperstone account?
You can withdraw funds by completing and submitting the online withdrawal form accessed through Pepperstone’s Secure Client Area. Withdrawals typically take less than 24 hours to process.