Looking for a way to drive with UberX? Discover the benefits of renting an Uber-ready vehicle from Keyz.
Renting an Uber vehicle from Keyz can give you a way to drive for Uber if you don’t have an eligible vehicle or don’t want to use your own car. To rent, simply submit an application online. The minimum rental period is two weeks.
Working hours are flexible, so you can drive as much or as little as you like, and you can use the rental vehicle for personal purposes. All vehicles have a five-star ANCAP safety rating and the rental contract includes both maintenance and servicing.
Compare Uber vehicle alternatives
While we don't compare offers from this company, please use the table below to compare similar products.
What to consider when renting a vehicle through Keyz
Keyz provides rental vehicles to UberX drivers keen to boost their income without committing to lock-in contracts. Keyz offers vehicle types ranging from small cars to SUVs and four-wheel-drive dual cabs. Cars are changed every 7,500km and rates start at $249 per week.
The rates vary according to the vehicle category and are charged as a single weekly rental fee. Insurance is also covered during the rental period. There is a two-week minimum rental period, after which you can hand back the car as long as you’ve given 14 days notice.
Features of Keyz vehicle rental
If you’re interested in signing up with Keyz, here are some of the features of the rental contract.
- No lock-in obligation. Keyz doesn’t require you to sign a lock-in contract. The minimum rental period is two weeks, and if you change your mind about the rental, you can return it.
- Easy online application. All applications are submitted online.
- New cars. Keyz provides UberX drivers with new cars that have a five-star ANCAP safety rating, and cars are rotated every 7,500km.
- Wide variety. Depending on the kind of Uber driving you’d like to do, you can choose from small city cars to large SUVs and mini-vans. Rates vary with the type of vehicle selected.
- Flexibility. You schedule your own hours and decide how much you want to drive for UberX. You can also use the car for personal purposes.
- Extras included. Maintenance and service costs are included in the rental fee as well as 24-hour road service, vehicle insurance and registration.
- Option to buy. You also have the option to purchase a vehicle through Keyz.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with Keyz?
Below are some of the fees you’ll need to pay.
- Membership fee. You’ll be charged a fee of $220 to join Keyz.
- Weekly rate. Starting at $249, this fee is charged weekly for the vehicle rental.
- Extra kilometres. If you exceed 1,200km per week, a fee of $0.05 will be charged per additional kilometre.
- Additional charges. Charges and fees for tolls, fuel, fines and damage not covered by insurance will be your responsibility.
How to sign up with Keyz
You can sign up online for an Uber vehicle with Keyz. You will need to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You need to have an active Uber account.
- You must have a valid driver’s licence.
- You must be employed. Part-time and self-employed applicants will also be considered.
You’ll need to submit the following information:
- Copies of two forms of identification, such as a passport and a Medicare card
- Your latest bank account statement
- Screenshot of your Uber account
While cars can be used for other purposes besides UberX business, it’s important to remember that it’s still a rental, which means that you’re responsible for weekly rental amounts and keeping the car in good condition. It’s important to understand the conditions of the rental agreement before committing to any contract.