Take advantage of low commissions and access over 10,000 global markets with a CMC Markets CFD Trading Account
CMC Markets is an award-winning provider of online share and CFD trading services. For more than 25 years, this UK derivatives dealer has been helping give investors a trading edge and build their strong financial futures.
With a presence in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada and New Zealand, CMC Markets offers easy-to-use trading platforms and a selection of competitive features. From 100% automated execution to cash rebates for high-volume traders, CMC Markets provides everything you need to develop your portfolio.
CMC Markets gives you the chance to trade CFDs on more than 9,500 global shares and offers commissions starting from as low as 0.04%. And with a swag of awards to its name from respected bodies like MoneyAM and Shares Magazine, CMC Markets has a lot to offer if you’re looking to start trading CFDs.
What can I trade with a CMC Markets CFD Account?
Your CMC Markets CFD Trading Account gives you access to more than 10,000 global markets, including CFDs on:
- Shares in more than 20 markets around the world.
- Indices. Available options include the Australia 200, UK 100 and Germany 30.
- Commodities. Trade commodity CFDs with spreads as low as 0.4 points.
- Forex. More than 330 currency pairs are offered to you through CMC Markets.
- Treasuries. You can trade Short Term Interest Rates and government bonds through your CMC Markets CFD Trading Account.
- Warrants. Invest in leading Australian companies and other underlying assets.
- Options. These can be used to earn income, generate wealth or even hedge your position in a falling market.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). CMC supports all ETF providers in Australia that are listed on the ASX.
- mFunds. The ASX’s mFund Settlement Service allows you to invest in unlisted managed funds.
- Managed funds. CMC Markets offers access to funds that cover all asset classes.
- Interest rate securities and bonds. These options offer a steady and secure form of investment.
Features of a CMC Markets CFD Account
- Market data. CMC Markets provides price data from markets around the world, including the Canadian, German, Swiss, UK and US markets. Some fees apply to receive market data, such as a $20 subscription fee for Australian data.
- Research. CMC Markets offers a wealth of research tools and resources to help you trade. These include events and seminars, market reports, news and analysis.
- Access. Placing trades through your CMC Markets CFD Account can be done online, over the phone or using the CMC Markets app on iPhone, iPad or your Android device.
- Competitive rebates. High-volume traders can take advantage of monthly commission fee rebates in a range of asset classes. For example, if you trade more than USD $30 million worth of shares a month you are entitled to a 30% rebate.
- Next Generation platform. CMC Markets’ Next Generation platform has been built to suit the needs of active traders. It offers advanced research and charting, unlimited free conditional orders, value for money and the ability to process orders in less than one second.
What support/information is available with a CMC Markets CFD Account?
If you need assistance with a particular trade or with any aspect of your CMC Markets account, it’s easy to get in touch with CMC Markets. Phone, email and live chat support are all available.
There are also plenty of educational resources which CMC Markets you can access in order to improve their trading knowledge. These include instructional articles and videos, trading guides, a blog, events run by market experts and much more.
What fees will you pay when using a CMC Markets CFD Account?
When you trade CFDs using a CMC Markets CFD Trading Account, you’ll need to consider the spread, which is the difference between the buy and the sell price and will need to be factored into your cost calculations. In addition, you’ll need to consider the commission charge that applies to your trades. For example, a share CFD on the Australian market attracts a commission of 0.09%, with a minimum fee per transaction of $7.
If you want to access CMC Markets’ price data for share CFDs, you may need to pay a monthly subscription fee. While no fee applies when you want to access US data, a $20 fee applies to Australian market data.
Finally, keep in mind that holding costs may apply to positions that are held open at the end of a trading day.
Pros and cons of using a CMC Markets CFD Account
- Reputable provider. CMC Markets has taken out a large number of industry awards for its CFD trading services.
- Trading options. You can trade over 10,000 products on markets around the world.
- Competitive fees. A comparison of CMC Markets’ ongoing fees and commissions reveals that the CMC Markets CFD Account is an affordable trading platform.
- CFDs are very risky. Trading CFDs comes with a wide range of risks - make sure you’re fully aware of these risks before you decide to start trading.
How do I apply for a CMC Markets CFD Account
To apply for a CFD Trading Account from CMC Markets, simply click the ‘apply now’ link on this page to be securely redirected to an online application form.
To apply for an account you will need to provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your tax file number
- Details of your financial background
Of course, it’s vital that you are fully aware of all the risks involved in trading CFDs before you sign up for an account.
Frequently asked questions about CMC Markets CFD Accounts
Can I lose more than I invest?
Yes, the nature of CFDs means it is entirely possible to lose much more than your original outlay.
Does CMC Markets allow me to trade shares?
Yes, you can open a CMC Markets Stockbroking account if you wish to buy and sell shares on the ASX and APX.
Can I trade from my account on my iPhone?
Yes, the CMC Markets Trading app makes it possible to place trades from your iPad, iPhone or Android device.
How much are commissions?
CFD commissions charged by CMC Markets start from as low as 0.04%, but the fees that apply can vary greatly depending on the nature of your transaction. Check out the terms and conditions on the CMC Markets website for more information.
What information is available to help me trade?
CMC Markets offers a wide range of educational resources including free webinars, trading guides and market insights to help you make smarter trades.
Can my commission fees be rebated?
Yes, trading in high volumes will entitle you to competitive rebates on the commission fees you pay. For example, trading USD $3 million of shares in a month will entitle you to a 10% rebate.