Take advantage of low commissions and access over 10,000 global products
CMC Markets offers an award-winning trading platform for new and advanced traders, with access to over 10,000 global products. For more than 25 years, this UK derivatives dealer has been helping give investors a trading edge.
With a presence in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada and New Zealand, CMC Markets offers easy-to-use, intuitive trading platforms and a selection of competitive features. From 100% automated execution to cash rebates for high-volume traders, CMC Markets provides everything you need to develop your portfolio.
CMC Markets gives you the chance to trade CFDs on more than 4,900 global shares with commissions from as low as 0.09%. Read on to learn more about CMC Market's trading platforms.
What can I trade with a CMC Markets?
Your CMC Markets Trading Account gives you access to more than 10,000 global products, including:
- Shares. Access over 4900 shares in more than 20 markets around the world.
- Indices. Available options include the Australia 200, UK 100 and Germany 30.
- Commodities. Trade commodity CFDs with spreads as low as 0.3 points.
- Forex. More than 330 currency pairs are offered to you through CMC Markets.
- Treasuries. You can trade Short Term Interest Rates and government bonds through your CMC Markets CFD Trading Account.
- Warrants. Invest in leading Australian companies and other underlying assets.
- Options. These can be used to earn income, generate wealth or even hedge your position in a falling market.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). CMC supports all ETF providers in Australia that are listed on the ASX.
- mFunds. The ASX’s mFund Settlement Service allows you to invest in unlisted managed funds.
- Managed funds. CMC Markets offers access to funds that cover all asset classes.
- Interest rate securities and bonds. These options offer a steady and secure form of investment.
Features of a CMC Markets trading account
- Market data. CMC Markets provides price data from markets around the world, including the Canadian, German, Swiss, UK and US markets. Some fees apply to receive market data.
- Research. CMC Markets offers a wealth of research tools and resources to help you trade. These include events and seminars, market reports, news and analysis.
- Access. Placing trades through your CMC Markets trading account can be done online, over the phone or using the CMC Markets app on iPhone, iPad or your Android device.
- Competitive rebates. High-volume traders can take advantage of monthly commission fee rebates in a range of asset classes.
- Next Generation platform. CMC Markets’ Next Generation platform has been built to suit the needs of active traders. It offers advanced research and charting, unlimited free conditional orders, value for money and the ability to process orders in less than one second.
- Demo account. The free demo account allows you to practice trading before you commit to trading CFDs.
- Regulated in Australia. CMC Markets is regulated in Australia by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
What trading platforms are available?
CMC Markets offers one, award-winning platform for CFD and forex traders called the CFD Next Generation platform. This is an advanced, powerful web-based and mobile platform available on compatible iOs and Android devices. It features more than 80 technical indicators and chart types to help with your trading analysis, and a range of useful tools including the price projection tool and pattern recognition tool. You can also connect with other traders via the chart forum, an online trading community enabling you to discuss and share trading insights.
What support/information is available with a CMC Markets CFD Account?
If you need assistance with a particular trade or with any aspect of your CMC Markets account, it’s easy to get in touch with CMC Markets. Phone, email and live chat support are all available.
There are also plenty of educational resources which CMC Markets you can access in order to improve their trading knowledge. These include instructional articles and videos, trading guides, a blog, events run by market experts and much more, plus a free demo account.
What fees will you pay?
When you trade CFDs or forex using a CMC Markets CFD Trading Account, you’ll need to consider the spread, which is the difference between the buy and the sell price and will need to be factored into your cost calculations. In addition, you’ll need to consider the commission charge that applies to your trades. The minimum spread applied to a forex CFD is 0.7 points, with margins from 0.20%. A share CFD on the Australian market attracts a commission of 0.09%, with a minimum commission fee per transaction of $7.
If you want to access CMC Markets’ price data for share CFDs, you may need to pay a monthly subscription fee. While no fee applies when you want to access US data, a $20 fee applies to Australian market data. Finally, keep in mind that holding costs may apply to positions that are held open at the end of a trading day.
Pros and cons of using a CMC Markets CFD Account
- Reputable provider. CMC Markets has taken out a large number of industry awards for its CFD trading services.
- Trading options. You can trade over 10,000 products on markets around the world.
- Competitive fees. A comparison of CMC Markets’ ongoing fees and commissions reveals that the CMC Markets CFD Account is an affordable trading platform.
- CFDs are very risky. Trading CFDs comes with a wide range of risks - make sure you’re fully aware of these risks before you decide to start trading.
- MetaTrader 4 not available. This platform is the most popular trading platform around the world, and is not supported with CMC Markets.
How do I apply for a CMC Markets trading account?
To apply for a Trading Account from CMC Markets, simply click the ‘Go to Site’ link on this page to be securely redirected to an online application form.
To apply for an account you will need to provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your tax file number
- Details of your financial background
Of course, it’s vital that you are fully aware of all the risks involved in trading CFDs before you sign up for an account.Disclaimer: Trading in financial instruments carries various risks, and you can lose more than your capital. This article may contain general advice. You should always seek professional advice when deciding if a product is right for you.