Block Climbing podcast: WTF is Web3?
This week Tegan and Tim explain what Web3 actually is and what enthusiasts hope it will be in the future. They also take a look at privacy coins and some NFTs that allegedly contain coordinates to 'stolen' Russian tanks in Ukraine.
The term 'Web3' is being thrown around a lot lately - but what actually is it?
In this episode of Block Climbing, Tegan and Tim take a look at how Web3 aims to differ from previous generations of the internet. This includes people's somewhat Utopian hopes for it, the problems it could solve and the big issues its facing. But perhaps the reality of Web3 will be found somewhere in the middle.
Elsewhere in the episode they take a look at privacy coins and set sail on OpenSea to dig into NFTs that allegedly contain coordinates to stolen Russian tanks in Ukraine.
Listen to the episode: WTF is Web3?
Or you can go ahead and listen on your favourite podcast app of choice:
Show notes and sources:
- What are privacy coins? (CoinMarketCap)
- The original Russian Tank NFT Tegan found on OpenSea
- The second Russian Tank NFT, with a different name and seller
- Also, you need to check out CryptoMickeyMouse
- What Is Web 3 All About? An Easy Explanation With Examples (Forbes)
- What is Web3? Everything you need to know about the decentralized future of the internet (ZDNet)
- Web3 Problems: Centralized Technology Servers Are Running Rampant (BeInCrypto)
- THE CLIMATE CONTROVERSY SWIRLING AROUND NFTS (The Verge)
- Success of web3 hinges on remedying its security challenges (TechCrunch)
- Abuse and harassment on the blockchain (Molly White)
- How Web3, NFTs, And DAOs Could Help Boost Climate Action (Bloomberg)
- Web3 Social Networks Can't Rely on Money Incentives Alone (BeInCrypto)
- And, as promised here are the pics Creepy Harold airdropped to Tegan on a train:
We apologise for this lol.