Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard review
- Initial Load Fee
- Reload fee
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, AED|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Load Amount (Annual)||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour Purchase (POS) Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||
Overseas: $3.50 AUD or equivalent in foreign currency Some ATM operators may charge their own fee
Domestic: 2.95% of the amount withdrawn
|Inactivity Fee (Monthly)||$4|
|Transaction Fee (for Purchases)||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPAY Reload Fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$20|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available to Temporary Residents?||No|
What currencies can I load on the Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard?
- US dollars
- Great British pounds
- New Zealand dollars
- Thai baht
- Canadian dollars
- Japanese yen
- Hong Kong dollars
- Singapore dollars
- United Arab Emirates dirham
- Australian dollars
If you make a purchase in a currency that isn't supported on the card, the Mastercard rate ("FX Rate") plus a margin of 0% of the transaction value will be applied.
Features of the Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard card
As well as the 10 supported international currencies and locked in exchange rates, here are some of the extra features you can expect from this travel card:
- Complimentary lounge passes. If your flight is delayed, you can wait for your next flight in comfort with two complimentary access passes to LoungeKey lounges or restaurants.
- Free global Wi-Fi. When you load your Cash Passport with a minimum AUD$100 or foreign currency equivalent, you will be eligible to register for a 3 month membership of free global Wi-Fi provided by Boingo Wi-Fi. After starting a new 3 month membership, you can be eligible for another 3 month membership after your active one expires if you make another eligible reload during this period.
- ATM withdrawals. You can use this card to withdraw cash at ATMs wherever Mastercard is accepted internationally. The following fees apply:
Local ATMs may also include their own fees, which will be shown on the screen.
- Domestic: 2.95% of withdrawn amount
- International: $3.50 AUD (Or equivalent in foreign currency)
- Manage your account. You can easily manage your account on the go via 'My Account', which you can use to top up your account and view your transactions.
- 24/7 global customer service. If your card is lost or stolen, you can also make use of 24/7 customer support who can help you with a card replacement or emergency cash. Call 1800 098 231 from within Australia or +44 207 649 9404 internationally for assistance.
How to load and reload funds on your card
You can top up your card balance online, via bank transfer or in-store:
- Debit card. You can use your debit card to load money on your account and you should be able to access the funds immediately.
- Bank transfer. If you load your card via bank transfer, it will take up to one or two business days for the funds to appear in your account.
- BPAY. You can load funds via BPAY, but a 1% reload fee applies. It will take up to two business days for your funds to appear in your account if you load via BPAY.
- Australia Post. You can also load funds on your card in-store at an Australia Post office.
You can load a minimum of $100 on the card and a maximum of $100,000 p.a.
How to order an Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard card
You can order your Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard card online or in-store at Australia Post. You just need to provide your full name, contact number and email.
The Australia Post Cash Passport could be a good multi-currency travel card option if you want a prepaid card that locks in exchange rates. With complimentary Wi-Fi and airport lounge options, it also has plenty of platinum features that could come in handy on your next trip. As there are a bunch of prepaid travel cards available on the market, make sure to compare your options before choosing the right card for you.Back to top
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
February 08, 2020
Is there an age limit for this card? Can I get this for my 12-year-old? Thanks.
February 09, 2020
Thank you for contacting Finder.
To apply for the Australia Post Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard, the applicant must be at least 16 years old. For the application, your son/ daughter must provide his/ her full name, a valid contact number and email. A valid ID such as passport or Driver’s License is required to verify the applicant’s identity.
Your 12-year-old son/ daughter may not be able to apply now due to the age requirements.
I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
November 20, 2018
Trying to find out how much money I have on my pre paid currency card australian post? How do I do this as it keeps saying my email address and password is wrong?
John Basanes Finder
November 21, 2018
Thank you for leaving a question.
If you need to check your account details or change the password linked to the email that you have with the account, you may click on “Forgot Password” located at the right side of the screen. Confirm your details and an email with the link to reset your password will be sent to you. Hope this helps!
Show more Show less