Australia Post Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard review
Spend in 11 currencies, lock in exchange rates and boost your travel budget with a promotional cashback offer.
Initial Load Fee
AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, AED
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, AED|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Load Amount (Annual)||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour Purchase (POS) Transaction Limit||$15,000|
What currencies can I load on the Australia Post Cash Passport Platinum?
- US dollars
- Great British pounds
- New Zealand dollars
- Thai baht
- Canadian dollars
- Japanese yen
- Hong Kong dollars
- Singapore dollars
- United Arab Emirates dirham
- Australian dollars
If you make a purchase in a currency that isn't supported on the card, the Mastercard rate ("FX Rate") plus a margin of 5.95% of the transaction value will be applied.
Features of the Australia Post Cash Passport Platinum card
As well as the 10 supported international currencies and locked in exchange rates, here are some of the extra features you can expect from this travel card:
How to load and reload funds on your card
You can top up your card balance online, via bank transfer or in-store:
- Debit card. You can use your debit card to load money on your account and you should be able to access the funds immediately.
- Bank transfer. If you load your card via bank transfer, it will take up to one or two business days for the funds to appear in your account.
- BPAY. You can load funds via BPAY, but a 1% reload fee applies. It will take up to two business days for your funds to appear in your account if you load via BPAY.
- Australia Post. You can also load funds on your card in-store at an Australia Post office.
You can load a minimum of $100 on the card and a maximum of $100,000 p.a.
How to order an Australia Post Cash Passport Platinum card
You can order your Australia Post Cash Passport Platinum card online or in-store at Australia Post. You just need to provide your full name, contact number and email.
The Australia Post Cash Passport could be a good multi-currency travel card option if you want a prepaid card that locks in exchange rates. With a $30 cashback offer, complimentary Wi-Fi and airport lounge options, it also has plenty of platinum features that could come in handy on your next trip. As there are a bunch of prepaid travel cards available on the market, make sure to compare your options before choosing the right card for you.Back to top