New Year’s Eve on the Gold Coast 2021/2022
Everything you need to know to ring in the new year in style on the Gold Coast.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hoping to start 2022 off on the right foot on the Gold Coast? Count down the minutes to the fireworks from your hand-picked vantage point or at a dining spot with friends.
Whatever your choose, from the sands of Surfers Paradise to Broadbeach, we've got the intel on where you need to be on New Year's Eve.
The Gold Coast is hosting numerous fireworks displays in and around the city. Here's where the most popular and arguably the most spectacular firework displays will be:
|Location||Time||What to expect|
|Surfers Paradise||8pm and midnight||Take in 2 pyrotechnics displays throughout the night with a beachfront view. Vantage points for the 9pm and midnight shows are ideal anywhere along Surfers Paradise Beach. Get there early to reserve your spot.|
|Southport||9pm||Broadwater Parklands offers the best vantage point for those catching the early Southport fireworks. It will have entertainment and kid's rides from 6pm.|
|Broadbeach||8pm and midnight||Kurrawa Park will host live performances from the first fireworks display right to the last over Broadbeach. Both are popular options for catching the night show.|
|Coolangatta||9pm and midnight||The beach is the best place to watch the fireworks over Coolangatta. You'll thank us later.|
|Coomera||9pm and midnight||The kid-friendly event 9pm features amusement park rides as well as live music and food stalls.|
|Paradise Point||9pm and midnight||Head to Paradise Point Parkland to watch the fireworks and enjoy live entertainment from 5:30pm.|
|Robina||10pm||For an early night Robina will have a 3-minute fireworks display at 10pm with entertainment from 6pm.|
- Dracula's: For something a little different, Dracula's on the Gold Coast serves up an entertaining night of bloodsucking cabaret. Tickets include a 3-course dinner, sparkling wine, premium seating, ghost train ride and show. Tickets from $101.54 per person.
- Garden Kitchen and Bar: Choose from the first seating option which will fill your belly before you enjoy a night out on the Gold Coast or the seating at The Lawn with exclusive views of the midnight fireworks on your table. You'll enjoy food, beverages and entertainment by Dirty South and Jordan Burns throughout the night. Contact the venue directly to book for the first seating. Ticket prices start from $175 per person for the second seating and $990 per person for The Lawn package. (SECOND SEATING SOLD OUT)
- Cucina Vivo: Viva la casino. Housed within Star Casino, Cucina Vivo has 2 seatings, 1 from 5:30–8pm and the other from 8:30pm–12:30am. The venue also has a balcony overlooking the fireworks so you can witness all the action. Tickets from $295 per person for the Early Dinner and from $680 per person for the Celebration Dinner. (SECOND SEATING SOLD OUT)
- Little Cooly: Overlook Coolangatta Beach as you tuck into a 3-course dinner on New Year's Eve. Choose between the early seating at 5pm or the later seating at 7:30pm. Tickets from $50 per person.
- Bazaar Marketplace at QT Gold Coast: Styled after the souks and bodegas of international streets, Bazaar goers can feast on fresh seafood, charcuterie bars, Asian cuisine, pizzas, grill and rotisserie meals and more. Free entry to Stingray. Tickets from $110 for adults, $59 for kids.
- Harvest Buffet at The Star Gold Coast: Sip on complimentary bubbles before attacking a buffet of all-you-can-eat seafood, hot and cold dishes, salads, cheeses and desserts. Tickets from $99 for adults, $29.90 for kids.
- Nineteen at The Star Gold Coast: Add a touch of class to NYE with a sunset or moonlight seating at Nineteen where you can indulge on a 5-course set menu. Tickets from $160 for adults, $75 for kids.
- Glass Dining and Lounge Bar: Enjoy a 4-course dinner featuring goats cheese, aged rib fillet and dessert with a glass of Moët on arrival, with a cocktail at midnight and live music playing throughout the evening. Tickets from $149 per person. (SOLD OUT)
- Yamagen at QT Gold Coast: For delicious Japanese cuisine head to Yamagen for a izakaya-style feat, free entry to Stingray. Tickets from $80 per person. (SOLD OUT)
- New Year's Eve Disco Revolution: Boogie your way into 2022 with a Studio 54-style disco with tunes from Tina Turner, the Bee Gees, Donna Summer and more. Tickets from $38 per person.
- Jungle Party at Lost Kingdom: An event for the Gold Coast's biggest party animals, dress up in your favourite leopard print outfit to be in the running for the best dressed prize and get ready to party the night away. Tickets from $33.45 per person.
- Made in the 80s, Surfers Paradise: Celebrating all things 80s from LA Glam rock to electro pop cheer in the end of the year at the Diggers and Sports Club. Tickets from $41.51 per person.
- New Year's Eve at Asylum Night Club: Go all out on New Year's Eve with a VIP nightclub experience at Asylum Night Club with a 3-hour food and drink page that comes with unlimited soft drink beer, wine and champagne. Tickets from $117.15 per person.
- No Scrubs New Year's Eve at the Coolangatta Hotel: Coolangatta Hotel is the place to be on 31 December with a huge range of retro-classics to party through til midnight. Tickets from $25 per person.
- Hollywood New Year's Eve Party: The red carpet will be pulled out for guests attending The Cavill Hotel's Hollywood New Year's Eve party. Enjoy drinks, tapas, DJ and live entertainment. Come dressed in your favourite Hollywood attire for a chance to win a prize. Tickets from $116.15 per person.
- A Nautical New Year's Eve: Gather your shipmates and head to Retro's Surfers Paradise to set sail into 2022 with a 3-hour beverage package and hits from the 80s, 90s and 00s playing all night long. Tickets from $156.95 per person.
- LUXE at Stingray Lounge, QT Gold Coast: This NYC loft-style party will carry you through til midnight in style. With champagne on arrival and 3 hours of drinks, canapés and live music you don't want to miss it. Tickets from $129 per person. (SOLD OUT)
- Rumours Tribute Show Southport Yacht Club: Start the new year down at the Southport Yacht Club. Indulge in an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet and rock out to classic Fleetwood Mac tracks Go Your Own Way, Landslide and Little Lies performed by tribute band The Rumours. Tickets from $119 for adults and $49 for kids. (SOLD OUT)
- The Way It Was New Year's Eve Spectacular: Rock the night away at Surfers Paradise Golf Club with a 5-piece live rock'n'roll band playing with musicians portraying Elvis, Buddy Holly and Johnny O'Keefe. Tickets from $89 per person. (CANCELLED - contact organiser for more details)
- Laneways Lights party at The Island: It's a party across the Pool Deck, Lounge and Goldie's at The Island this year there'll be food and drink, roaming performers and pop-up displays. Tickets from $149 per person plus booking fee. (SOLD OUT - JOIN WAITLIST)
- Rooftop Breeze party at The Island: For an open-air party with birds-eye views of Surfers Paradise look no further. Enjoy live music, food and drink all the way up to the fireworks display. Tickets from $239 per person plus booking fee. (SOLD OUT - JOIN WAITLIST)
Best Gold Coast New Year's Eve cruises
- Anyboat: Why party with strangers when you can charter your own boat? Anyboat gives you that option with private boat hires from $285.
At-home dining options on the Gold Coast
Homemade Pasta Making Kit
Spanish Paella Kit
Perfect Pizza Oven At Home Kit
Things to do on New Year's Eve on the Gold Coast
Finish off 2021 with a bang with these epic experiences that are available on 31 December.
Jet Boat Ride and Helicopter Flight
18 Holes Championship Golf in Kooralbyn Valley
Dolphin Sanctuary & Ship Wreck Kayak
Sea World Seal Encounter in Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast
Hot Air Balloon Flight with Breakfast and Photos
Surfers Paradise Skydiving
What is Gold Coast doing for New Year's Eve to ensure it's COVID-safe?
- Restaurants and events: Gold Coast restaurants are able to host New Year's Eve events but capacities may be reduced, so you may want to book a table in advance.
- Cruises: Cruises will be going ahead on New Year's Eve but get in quick to book as capacity limits may apply. Chartering your own boat is also an option if you'd rather cruise with your own circle.
Still need somewhere to stay on 31 December on the Gold Coast? These hotels and resorts still have rooms available on New Year's Eve. We'll update this list as rooms sell out.
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
Jw Marriott Gold Coast Resort and Spa
Broadbeach Savannah Hotel and Resort
Q1 Resort & Spa
Mercure Gold Coast Resort
See the latest New Year's Eve deals on the Gold Coast
More guides on Finder
N95 vs KN95 face masks: What’s the difference?
It can be confusing knowing the difference between a KN95 and N95 face mask. We look at them both and where to buy them online.
9 tips for founders I learned from launching a startup in a pandemic
Here’s what Ryan Edwards-Pritchard learned so far about building a startup in the grips of a pandemic.
How to watch Arsenal vs Liverpool in the Carabao Cup live and free in Australia
Arsenal and Liverpool are locked at 0-0 ahead of their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg this week.
Australian rapid antigen test statistics
Heres how stock levels and prices are holding up for RATs in Australia.
How to Stake Olympus DAO (OHM)
Learn how to stake OHM and receive high yield from one of DeFi's most ambitious experiments.
Retroactive airdrop farming: How to prepare yourself for 2022
Being early to a new DeFi ecosystem can be very profitable – here's how to game the system and potentially earn yourself some tokens.
What is reporting season and why does it matter to investors?
Reporting season is a 2-week or so period where investors can see the results for a large number of publicly traded companies.
Bank First Green Personal Loan review
Bank First’s variable rate green personal loan can be used to make environmentally friendly purchases for your home.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Blackstone Minerals (BSX ↑12.7%), Weebit Nano (WBT ↑9.7%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Thursday 20 January 2022.
Ask an Expert