All the tips for having a top New Year's Eve in the Top End.
So you're in Darwin for New Year’s Eve? From fireworks and a party on a boat to a sit-down dinner by the sea, there's plenty to do in the Top End city.
Here's where we'd be if we were in Darwin on 31 December this year.
Where to watch the Darwin New Year’s Eve fireworks
Darwin's New Year’s Eve fireworks show will kick off at the Darwin Waterfront at 9pm, and then again for the main event at midnight. So grab that picnic basket and bring the whole family.
Best New Year’s Eve dinners in Darwin
- Pee Wee’s at the Point: Dine on a set menu with a clear view over Fannie Bay for the midnight fireworks.
- Crustaceans: With the restaurant open from 5pm until late, this waterside spot is within prime fireworks viewing area.
- Il Lido: Set on the lagoon in Darwin, last year's New Year's event included an antipasto plate and a beverage on arrival if you come in a group of six or more. We're predicting much the same this year.
Best Darwin New Year’s Eve events and parties
- Dinah Beach: Join the party at the Dinah Beach Cruise Yacht Association for live music in a casual atmosphere. It's licensed to keep the party going until 2am. Free event.
- New Year’s Eve VIP View with Sail Darwin: Take to the water and get the VIP view of the fireworks from aboard Sail Darwin's yacht, including free-flowing champagne and tapas for dinner. Tickets from $190 per person, or $350 for an overnight stay on the boat, including breakfast on New Year's Day.
- Monsoons: Expect a party at this bar and restaurant, which in the past has hosted epic New Year's Eve parties. Details TBC.
Best New Year’s Eve accommodation in Darwin
Need somewhere to stay on 31 December?
These are some of the closest accommodations that are available within easy access to the fireworks at Darwin Waterfront.
Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Palms City Resort
Argus Apartments Darwin