New Year’s Eve in Darwin 2021/22 | What’s happening on NYE?
Here are our tips for a top New Year's Eve in the Top End.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
From fireworks and a party on a boat to a sit-down dinner by the sea, there's plenty to do in Darwin on New Year's Eve.
Catch the 10-minute fireworks displays at 9pm for families and at midnight for the main event.
If there's one place you need to be to celebrate the turn of the year, it's Darwin Waterfront. Tickets start at $40.60 (children under 5 free) for a night filled with entertainment, food vendors, alcoholic beverages for people aged 18+ and views of the 9pm and midnight fireworks.
Get there before 5:30pm when it all kicks off to get a front-row seat to the entertainment up to 9pm including:
- Bluey and Bingo
- PAW Patrol
- Conrad Sewell
- Amy Shark
The Veronicas and Disco Polenta will be providing the tunes until the main event at 12am.
Wish to dine in style on New Year's Eve while catching the fireworks from your table? These restaurants have you sorted with dinner packages and views to boot.
- NYE Masquerade at Wharf One: Set yourself up for roving eats and a drinks package with 9pm and midnight fireworks viewings at Wharf One. Tickets from $179pp.
- Pee Wee's at the Point: Dine on a set menu featuring scallop ceviche, garlic prawns and hazelnut dacquoise with a clear view over Fannie Bay for the midnight fireworks. Prices from $150pp.
- Bella Mafia Dinner: Enjoy a 3-course Italian-inspired dining experience at Bella. Book your table in prime viewing areas to watch the fireworks starting at 9pm and midnight. Tickets start from $80pp.
- NYE Sparkle Dinner at Wharf One: Head on down to Wharf One for food and wine on the alfresco this NYE with a 3-course meal and prime views of the fireworks shows. Tickets from $85 (adult) and $60 (kids). (SOLD OUT)
- Retro New Year's Eve at The Precinct: Party from 2pm till 3am on New Year's Eve with live music playing non-stop. Be wowed by the fire show, enjoy beverages from the cocktail bar and go into the running for the $500 best-dressed prize. Entry is free.
- Disney NYE Kids Party: Take the kids for games and activities at The Parap Tavern before the countdown to 2022. Includes mini dancefloor, best-dressed award, food and drinks.
- NYE Party at THROB: Dance the night away at Throb Nightclub this NYE. Tickets from $18.41pp.
- Opium's NYE Party: Grab a ticket to the hottest party in town with live DJ's and Kennyon Brown on hosting duties. Tickets from $25pp.
At-home dining options in Darwin
Homemade Pasta Making Kit
Spanish Paella Kit
Perfect Pizza Oven At Home Kit
Things to do on New Year's Eve in Darwin
Finish off 2021 with a bang with these epic experiences that are available on 31 December.
Darwin Harbour Jet Ski Tour
Buggy Tour For 2
Airboat Ride and Crocs Encounter
Swim with Crocodiles in the Cage of Death and Cove entry
Need somewhere to stay on 31 December?
These are some of the closest accommodations that are available within easy access of the fireworks at Darwin Waterfront.
Rydges Darwin Central
Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Travelodge Resort Darwin
Novotel Darwin CBD
Mercure Darwin Airport Resort
Argus Apartments Darwin
See the latest Darwin deals
More guides on Finder
Dreamworld review: Is this the best Gold Coast theme park?
Does Dreamworld still deliver a good theme park experience if you're looking for things to do on family holidays to the Gold Coast?
Full list: Where to use your Great State Experiences Voucher in South Australia
From scenic flights, to wine tours and zoo visits, here’s where you can use your Great State Experiences Voucher in South Australia.
Extended: See where to use your Dine and Discover vouchers in NSW
Here's where you can use your Dine and Discover vouchers across dining and entertainment venues until 30 June 2022.
Dubbo Zoo review: Is it worth it with kids?
Finder's Dubbo Zoo review was conducted by a family of five, including three kids under ten. Is it any good?
Escape rooms in Canberra
Looking for a thrill in Australia's capital? Look no further.
Escape rooms in Sydney
Lock in an escape room experience in Sydney with our guide detailing what you need to know.
Taronga Zoo review
We review everything from the animal exhibits to what the zoo is doing to stay COVID-safe.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Adelaide filled with fun in the sun
Book a day out at the beach, the winery, the cinema or more this Boxing Day with these top activities.
11 things to do on Boxing Day on the Gold Coast
Get amongst it all on 26 December with these adrenaline-fuelled or family-friendly activities available on the Gold Coast.
10 fun things to do on Boxing Day in Brisbane
Here’s what you can get up to this Boxing Day in Brisbane.
Ask an Expert