When is the best time to visit Broome?
Time your trip to the Kimberley just right so that you capture the best of the region at the very best price.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you agree that weather and price play a huge part in your holiday plans then read on. We’ve found the perfect blend of both to take you to Broome.
Best to visit Broome
April to October is Broome’s dry season, making it the best time for sightseers and beach bums to visit.
Why should I go then?
Broome experiences two distinct seasons: wet and dry. The dry season runs from April/May to October/November and boasts warm days and clear skies. The wet season runs from November/December to March/April and boasts hot days, occasional thunderstorms and torrential rain. January, February and March are renowned for having the worst weather with possible cyclone activity.
Broome is a popular holiday destination for Australians and overseas travellers, so it's best to steer clear of school holiday periods where flight and hotel prices tend to skyrocket.
Latest Broome travel deals
Weather and prices
The best time to visit Broome, weatherwise: April to November.
The cheapest time to visit Broome: The wet season offers the best deals and the cheapest prices. To avoid the torrential rain, travel early in the peak season between March and April. This is also an ideal time to see Broome as its flora will be in full bloom following the wet (green) season.
The best time to visit Broome for…
- Beaches. Hitting Broome’s famous beaches is best done in the dry season as during the wet season certain beaches, for example, Cable Beach, can become dangerous due to an increase in shark and jellyfish activity.
- Watersports. Similar to beaches, watersports are best experienced during the dry season.
- Fishing. Boat fishing is a popular activity in Broome and can be done all year round. For the best results, Tides 4 Fishing recommends avoiding exceptionally cold winter days and exceptionally hot summer days. You should also steer clear during cyclone season for safety reasons.
- Camping. Sleeping out under the night sky is most rewarding during the dry season when the skies are cloudless and there’s little fear of being flooded in by the unpredictable wet season.
- Sunset camel rides. Camel rides on the beach generally operate between April and October.
More guides on Finder
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Follow the fun to these family getaways in Western Australia
From the coast to the forest, these family getaways will get the kids away from the screen and out exploring the spectacular state of Western Australia.
How to plan a road trip for two | A couple of travel makers
Our personal tips and tricks on how to map out your road trip and what to pack for one smooth ride.
Best time to visit the Northern Territory | Weather, price and activities
Travelling to the Northern Territory during winter offers cool, dry weather, but avoid visiting over summer as it's often humid and rainy.
Best places to visit in the Gold Coast
Find where to go on the Gold Coast for unlimited entertainment from water activities to nature, skyscrapers and beaches.
Best places to visit in Western Australia
Your next trip to the western state is sorted with our complete what-to-do guide.
Best time to visit Nepal for sunny skies and optimal trekking conditions
Uncover the best times to visit Nepal for clear weather, good trekking conditions, cultural exploration, wildlife spotting and more.
Cheap Broome flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Broome.
Best places to visit in October
Our top five Australia destinations to spend the middle of spring in. Plus, the best destinations to visit in Europe, USA, Asia and more for future travels.
Ask an Expert