Time your trip to the Kimberley just right so that you capture the best of the region at the very best price.
If you agree that weather and price play a huge part in your holiday plans then read on. We’ve found the perfect blend of both to take you to Broome.
The best time to visit Broome
April to October.
April to October is Broome’s dry season, making it the best time for sightseers and beach bums to visit.
Broome experiences two distinct seasons: wet and dry. The dry season runs from April/May to October/November and boasts warm days and clear skies. The wet season runs from November/December to March/April and boasts hot days, occasional thunderstorms and torrential rain. January, February and March are renowned for having the worst weather with possible cyclone activity.
Broome is a popular holiday destination for Australians and overseas travellers, so it’s best to steer clear of school holiday periods where flight and hotel prices tend to skyrocket.
Weather and prices
The best time to visit Broome, weatherwise: April to November.
The cheapest time to visit Broome: The wet season offers the best deals and the cheapest prices. To avoid the torrential rain, travel early in the peak season between March and April. This is also an ideal time to see Broome as its flora will be in full bloom following the wet (green) season.
The best time to visit Broome for…
- Beaches. Hitting Broome’s famous beaches is best done in the dry season as during the wet season certain beaches, for example, Cable Beach, can become dangerous due to an increase in shark and jellyfish activity.
- Watersports. Similar to beaches, watersports are best experienced during the dry season.
- Fishing. Boat fishing is a popular activity in Broome and can be done all year round. For the best results, Tides 4 Fishing recommends avoiding exceptionally cold winter days and exceptionally hot summer days. You should also steer clear during cyclone season for safety reasons.
- Camping. Sleeping out under the night sky is most rewarding during the dry season when the skies are cloudless and there’s little fear of being flooded in by the unpredictable wet season.
- Sunset camel rides. Camel rides on the beach generally operate between April and October.
Hot Broome travel deals
|50% off luxury Australia hotels||Save $1000s in Queensland, New South Wales and more.||