Everything you need to know when it comes to buying Lululemon in this year’s Boxing Day sales -- and 15 similar stores for you to shop at.
Popular yoga-inspired athletic apparel brand Lululemon is top of mind when it comes to yoga pants and crop tops to get sweaty in, and this year’s Boxing Day sales will be the perfect opportunity to stock up on the goods. Because new activewear is definitely needed in preparation for those New Year’s resolutions to keep fit and healthy. Right?
The Canadian-born premium athleisure brand is a celebrity favourite often spotted on the likes of Kim Kardashian and Rosie Huntington-Whitely. So if they wear it, we should too.
What does Lululemon sell?
Lululemon is first and foremost your go-to brand for anything yoga and running related, as well as swimming, cardio, and studio based sweaty-stuff.
Stocking women’s and men’s apparel and accessories you will find everything from tops, crops, shorts, pants, skirts, swim bottoms and dresses to socks and underwear, yoga mats, water bottles and jackets and hoodies.
The brand prides itself on the technical aspect of the fabric and craftsmanship in the quality of products produced.
What are Lululemon’s trading hours?
The trading hours differ between each store and will often change during peak season periods such as Christmas. Please find below the opening hours for stores in capital cities across Australia here.
Does Lululemon have sales?
Yes. On the website you will find discounted clothing under the ‘we made too much’ category as well as a number of outlets across Australia.
Where can you buy Lululemon?
Lululemon is predominantly available through its online and retail stores with the only other stockist in Australia being Stylerunner.
Where to shop for Lululemon on Boxing Day
The best place to shop for Lululemon on sale will be directly through the Lululemon online store or retail shop.
Boxing Day sales shopping tips
Follow our guide to ensure you get the best bang for your buck when the Lululemon Boxing Day sales roll around.
- Subscribe to the finder.com.au newsletter. By signing up to receive our newsletter you will be kept in the loop with all deals and information around Boxing Day sales 2016. You’ll find the email subscription box below.
- Set yourself a budget, and stick to it! The most important rule before you start your Boxing Day sale shopping spree, decide on what you can afford and don’t overspend. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and splurge on things you don’t really need.
- Make a list. Take a minute or two to go through your activewear wardrobe and take note of what you’re missing. This is the perfect time to be out with the old and in with the new.
- Know your size. The next time you pass by a Lululemon boutique, pop in and try on a few pieces to get to know your size. That way you’ll save yourself the hassle of having to return anything that doesn’t fit.
- Add to your wishlist in advance. If you’re serious about Boxing Day sales do yourself a favour and spend the time going through the website in advance. Come the morning of the sale you’ll be able to process your order right away - eliminating the chance of missing out those sell out items.
What are some alternative sites like Lululemon?
If Lululemon doesn’t quite take your fancy, there are a number of retailers and brands that you can shop for similar styles at a range of different prices.
1. THE ICONIC
THE ICONIC offers a wide range on-trend activewear for men and women across different brands that are similar to Lululemon.
THE ICONIC has made a name for itself as the go-to online fashion store with top brands, a wide range, and excellent shipping policies for customers all over Australia. The activewear section stocks clothing, shoes and accessories for men and women who like to move it, and look good at the same time. Brands include Nike, 2XU, Running Bare, Calvin Klein and adidas.
- Returns accepted within 100-days
- 3-hour delivery to Sydney metropolitan areas
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more
2. Lorna Jane
She has ALL the latest styles in activewear for women. Guaranteed.
Long-time Aussie favourite Lorna Jane offers a wide range of fashion-forward workout gear for women in a range of styles, colours and sizes both in-store and online.
- This brand is dedicated to activewear for women
- Become a member for free and gain access to exclusive sales
- Free delivery on orders $150 or more to Australia and New Zealand
Surfstitch is a great Aussie alternative site to shop for your activewear fit-kit.
SurfStitch literally has hundreds of surf and skate brands on its site, including a large sale section. Browse the activewear section for a selection of exercise clothes with that signature, laid-back Australian style.
- 100-day returns on full priced items
- 30-day returns on sale items
- Free express delivery to most Australian cities on orders over $25
The iconic Aussie label is one of Australia’s favourite places to go for activewear.
Bonds is an Australian icon that's been producing and delivering casual wear, underwear and sportswear with that unique Aussie flavour for over 100 years. Bonds is based in Australia and keeps its price points relatively low, while still producing high quality items. It’s a great alternative to Lululemon if you’re looking for a more affordable option.
- Free standard shipping on all items Australia wide (2–5 business days). No minimum required.
- Online order tracking available
- Express shipping available for $9.95 (1–2 working days)
- 30-days returns
5. Sweaty Betty
The activewear shop for yogis, skiers, runners, tennis players and more.
Practically a household name for active womenswear, Sweaty Betty looks after you in both the fashion and functionality space, so you can look good while you sweat it out.
- Flat £12 delivery to Australia
- Buying guides - so you can get your fit right the first time you order
- Has a community blog where you can share workout tips and healthy recipes
The super brand for athletes and fashion-savvy activewear shoppers.
Nike is a leading sports store that sells a wide range of fashionable and inspiring athlete equipment, apparel, and accessories.
- Free shipping on orders of $100 or more
- Free same-day delivery in Melbourne
- Become a Nike Member for express checkout and order tracking
ASOS stocks top activewear brands like Nike, Adidas and Puma.
While ASOS might not have a dedicated activewear section, it does stock heaps of items from activewear lines including running shoes, leggings, hoodies and more.
- Free delivery on orders of $40 or more
- 28 day returns
- 10% student discount
8. Running Bare
An Australian activewear brand for women, by women.
Buy activewear made for the woman who loves to get out in Australia. Only the highest quality materials go into Running Bare activewear and over 70% off its range is manufactured and produced on our shores.
- Support Australian brands
- Sized 10-22 available
- Free express shipping on orders of $150 or more
9. David Jones
David Jones’ activewear section just continues the trend for quality labels and big name brands that has earned the iconic department store its reputation.
Activewear labels at David Jones (DJs) include Bonds, Berlei, Le Coq Sportif and Calvin Klein for women, and Boss, Bonds, Billionaire Boys Club, Adidas and Superdry for men.
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more and for DJ’s American Express and store card holders.
- Personal shopper available
- Click and collect available
10. Free People movement
Bohemian American fashion label Free People now supplies activewear worldwide.
Free People an American fashion label that has been around since the 70s. It’s known globally for its high quality apparel with a whimsical, bohemian twist. Now, fans of Free People can also get clothes for exercising in the online store’s new movement section. The clothes are designed with specifics in mind – browse through the yoga, dance, surf and run categories.
- Free standard shipping for orders of US$100 or more (arrives in 6–12 days)
- Express shipping available for US$10 (arrives in 3–6 days)
- Sign up to the newsletter for free shipping on your first order
11. Rebel Sport
Shop online with one of Australia’s leading exercise retailers.
With over 90 retail locations across the country and a customer focused online store, Rebel Sport is a leader in the Australian online market, providing activewear and exercise equipment for men and women. Rebel stocks a range of swimwear, footwear, and sporting equipment, as well as clothing and leisure products.
- Order tracking available
- Shipping takes 2–10 days for small items and 3–10 days for larger items
- Loyalty program provides subscribers with benefits like VIP deals and preferred pricing
Everything ‘workout’ is available at Onsport.com.au’s, a site like Lululemon.
Onsport.com.au is an Australian based exercise online retailer specialising in sporting accessories, equipment and activewear for men, women and kids. The extensive range of choice includes sportswear and apparel, compression apparel, exercise and specialised gym equipment, running shoes, swimwear, fitness accessories, heart rate monitors, protein and nutritional supplements.
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- Free returns
- Earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points on purchases
Enjoy outlet prices online with Sporting House Direct’s online shopping platform as an alternative to Lululemon.
Sporting House Direct is an Australian based sporting outlet store, operating for over 40 years with retail locations in Sydney, Melbourne, the Gold Coast and Adelaide. Its entire product range of specialised sporting equipment, accessories and clothing is available at its online store.
- Free delivery for orders over $80. All other orders attract a $10 flat rate shipping fee
- Order tracking available
- Freight services used for bulky/ heavy items
- Same-day shipping for orders placed before 12pm
- Next-day shipping for orders placed after 12pm
- Buy now, pay later service available
Probably the most similar site to Lululemon, Yogasmoga is your #1 online destination dedicated to yoga-loving women and men.
YOGASMOGA is a brand not just designing and selling its own products "made from the heart with love" combining technology with style. It's also a wellness company with a vision to empower each individual's potential.
- Fabrics and garments are all environmentally sustainable and ethically produced in the USA
- Fabrics are produced from raw materials
- Delivery to Australian within 6-10 working days
Slip into Missguided's range of activewear that's available online.
Offer a range of fashionable clothing at affordable prices, Missguided has an extensive collection of workout gear. Check out Missguided's selection of sportswear, which features yoga pants, sports bras, sneakers, jersey tops, leggings and much more.
- Free shipping on orders over $80
- Orders are tracked
- 15% student discount
The Best deals to make use of before Boxing Day sales kick off
Get $25 in Smogi Bucks on sign-up
Sign up to Yogasmoga for free credit towards a shop.
Free express delivery for orders over $25
Get free express delivery for orders over $25 at Surfstitch. Within Australia only.
Free to choose, Free to Change, Free Returns
Get Free to choose, Free to Change, Free Returns when you spend over $99 at Surfstitch. If it's just not right, send it back for free.
Free standard delivery
Get free standard delivery when you spend over $100
Free Overnight Shipping over AUD $50
Get free shipping when you spend over $50 at The Iconic.
Up to 45% Off in the mid season sale
Get up to 45% off at Lorna Jane.
Show code & visit siteIP****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code