Promising to be packed with savings, Boxing Day in Adelaide is when the biggest retailers in the city slash prices across all departments.
The day after Christmas is synonymous with savings. It’s one of Australia’s biggest shopping days and is when retailers all over the country cut prices on everything from fashion to electronics to lure shoppers in before the end of the year.
If you’ve been considering getting a big ticket item, or are looking to save on the small things, Boxing Day is the time to do it.
Where to shop the Boxing Day sales in Adelaide
Here's where and when to find the best bargains in Adelaide's main shopping centres
It takes a special kind of shopper to love the competition, the crowds, and the chaos of a nation-wide sale. If this isn't you, but you wouldn’t mind picking up a bargain or two, then shopping online for the sales might be your answer.
Here's some of the best deals available online right now:
Feature Image: Westfield Marion
Tips & FAQs
What can you hope to buy on Boxing Day?
Go for big ticket items and electronics on Boxing Day. These items usually have a high retail price, and tend to receive the biggest price cuts come sale day. Boxing Day is also a good chance to save money on necessities for you and your family. Things like clothes, shoes and homewares are always an expense. You can minimise the cost of these over the whole year by taking advantage of these sales.
How to get the most out of Boxing Day sales
- Plan ahead. Make a list and do your research to find the best locations for the items you’re looking for, at the best price.
- Don’t overdo it. Pick a few items you need or want, and stick to a few locations. Shopping tired and stressed is never fun, and you’re more likely to come away with mindless purchases if you’re not in the mood.
- Come prepared. Wear comfy clothes and shoes that are easy to take on and off if you’re planning on clothes shopping. Don’t forget to pack a bottle of water and some snacks to keep hydrated and maintain your energy levels. Because Boxing Day shopping, yeah, it’s almost like running a marathon. True story.
- First look at the item, then look at the price. If you buy something you don’t want just because it’s half price, it’s a waste of money, not a bargain.
- Make a budget. Be honest with yourself about how much you want to spend from the beginning. Leave the credit card at home if you can’t control yourself.
- Remember patience is a virtue. Boxing Day is the biggest sale day of the year. The crowds are big and the lines are long. Keep your head and don't get frustrated if things aren’t going as quickly as they usually do.