Bag a bargain and shop with Canberra’s biggest retailers this Boxing Day.
Boxing Day is one of the busiest retail days of the year, but it's usually worth your while to brave the crowds. Retail prices are slashed, often dramatically, meaning savvy shoppers can take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity and save big.
Where to shop the Boxing Day sales in Canberra
We've found the biggest Canberra retailers bringing huge discounts this Boxing Day. Can't wait? Shop all the sales on our Boxing Day sales page.
The Canberra Centre is one of the ACT's oldest shopping precincts. With stores like Apple, Big W, David Jones, Lorna Jane, Bardot and Mecca Cosmetica, you can shop all of the most popular retailers in one go.
Trading hours: 8:00am–7:00pm
Featuring around 270 speciality stores, Westfield Belconnen is one of the biggest shopping centres in Canberra. With stores like MYER, JB Hi-Fi, Sportsgirl, Bonds and Platypus Shoes, you might want to dedicate the whole day to shopping the Boxing Day sales here.
Trading hours: 8:00am–5:30pm
Canberra Outlet Centre
Canberra's only outlet centre is located in the heart of Fyshwick on the corner of Newcastle Street and Canberra Avenue. Canberra Outlet already offers up to 70% off across all factory and Homemaker Centre retailers, meaning you're bound to find some truly great deals by shopping here this Boxing Day.
Trading hours: 8:30am–6:00pm
Located in the Woden Town Centre, this is your one-stop shop for all your fashion, home and beauty needs. Shop for Boxing Day deals in Decjuba, Country Road, Dusk, General Pants Co, Pandora and more.
Trading hours: 8:00am–5:30pm
Majura Park Shopping Centre
Anchored by one of the largest Woolworths in Australia, Majura Park Shopping Centre is also home to over 30 specialty stores including Telstra, BIG W and Chemist Warehouse. This makes it the perfect place to both shop the sales and fill up the pantry post-Christmas.
Trading hours: 10:00am–4:00pm
If you can't make it to the stores, don't despair! Shopping online during the end-of-year sales period is often more advantageous for consumers. Why? For starters, online stores often start discounting items well before Boxing Day. Another bonus of browsing online is missing the crowds and having the luxury of shopping from the comfort of your own home (read: in your pyjamas).
The best deals that are available now
Popular Boxing Day deals AU coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|31 May 2019||Up to 40% off clearance sale||********|
What can you hope to buy on Boxing Day?
Retail giants, department stores and shopping centres are usually the best places to grab a bargain. You can expect to find big discounts on fashion, beauty, games, electronics and sporting equipment. Keep an eye on big ticket items like computers, TVs and white goods in particular, as they tend to have their prices massively slashed at this time of year.
How to get the most out of the Boxing Day sales
To get the most out of the Boxing Day sales, you’ll need a plan of attack. Here are our top tips:
- Make a list. Sale days can be both tempting and overwhelming. To avoid buyer's regret, draw up a list of your most needed (and most wanted) items. Prioritise to give yourself a clearer idea of what’s important.
- Do your research. Find out where each item on your list is being sold. Consider price, location and any product specifics that might vary from brand to brand.
- Set yourself a budget. Stop yourself from having a mini heart attack after you've calculated the day's spendings by setting yourself a budget. Give priority to the most necessary purchases and go from there. If you do your research and save on each item, you can reward yourself by spending your leftover budget on the fun things.
- Stay calm. Don’t feel obliged to spend money on stuff you don’t need. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t stress. Remember, there’s plenty of sales throughout the year where you can nab yourself a bargain.
- The fashion pieces to buy before your friends do this Boxing Day 2018
- Best Boxing Day sales for homewares and furniture 2018
- Boxing Day 2019: Best tech buys if you know nothing about tech
- The cult beauty products to buy during the Boxing Day sales 2018
- The best fashion sales with free shipping worth shopping this Boxing Day 2018