Getting ready to splash some serious cash on fashion this year? We’ve got the 411 on hundreds of retailers. Scroll through to see what sales have already started.
26 December is one of the best days marked on the fashion calendar. Boxing Day clothing sales remain a go-to for savvy shoppers who want to score serious bargains. Retailers are clearing out stock to gear up for the new season ahead and everything needs to go.
It comes as no surprise that us Aussies love to shop. In 2014, we spent over $2 billion on the first day of sales with shoppers 14 years of age and up spending an average of $850 during the Boxing Day sales period. Heck, Myer expected to sell a business shirt every second during the first day of Boxing Day clothing sales trading. No kidding.
With the rise of online shopping we can kiss those manic scenes of shopping centre mayhem goodbye and browse from the comfort of the couch, and if you’re not in any rush you can breathe easy knowing that the Boxing Day clothing sales typically run until January 16.
Whether you’ve had your eye on a pair of Valentino shoes or this season’s most coveted bag, sit tight and treat yourself in the Boxing Day sales. You deserve it.
Feature image: @davidjonesstore
Boxing Day sales:
Looking for something specific? Search for deals and discounts here.
Who had the biggest Boxing Day clothing sales last year?Boohoo took out the number 1 spot for Boxing Day clothing sales with an offer unmatched by any other online fashion retailer: up to 60% off with an additional 20% bonus using a code.
David slashed up to 60% off storewide.ASOS, Missguided and Kurt Geiger were hot contenders on the sale scene slashing up to 50% off.Bonds took up to 40% off.THE ICONIC did things a little differently with a 3-for-2 sitewide offer.
Which retailers do we predict will have big sales this year?
All the major players will take part in Boxing Day sales; it’s important for retailers to clear out the old and bring in the new. You can expect to see sales from the following:
Is it worth buying clothing in the sales online?
Absolutely! Boxing Day sales are definitely worth waiting for. Retailers offer major discounts on a silver platter and it’s the perfect time of year to nab yourself a bargain. Here are some things to consider come sale day.
- Take a minute to look through your wardrobe (right to the very back!) and take note of what’s missing from the essentials list. Sure, you might come across something that catches your eye while you’re browsing the sales but this is your chance to stock up on the must-haves with major discounts.
- Do a little research and get to know your size across your favourite brands (if you don’t already).
- Prepare wishlists with your favourite retailers. Spend time pre-Boxing Day sales trawling your go-to sites and saving what you love in the right size - all ready to shop the moment Boxing Day sales go live. Leaving it until the sale is live could mean missing out on those fancy shoes you’ve been eyeing off.
- Make a budget and stick to it. This is the most important of them all! Decide on what you can afford and don’t overspend. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and splurge on things you don’t really need.
Which retailers offer returns on sale items?
All the major retailers will allow refunds on sale items, however it's important to read the terms and conditions applicable to each individual sale. Find below the retailers with the most flexible return policies and the few that have stricter policies.
The ones that will offer you a refund and free returns
The players that do not offer refunds for a change of mind
- Beginning Boutique
- Dissh Boutique
- Princess Polly
- Verge Girl
For a comprehensive guide to retailer returns policies, read more here.
Which offer free delivery?
Most retailers offer free delivery when you spend over a certain amount and it's likely that when the Boxing Day clothing sales are announced, additional offers on delivery will be available. Here's an overview of current retailer delivery charges:
Who would we recommend for boxing day sales?
We always recommend you do your research and bookmark the online sites you regularly shop with (and love!). The following retailers are bound to have major savings across the fashion and footwear sections in the Boxing Day sales:
THE ICONIC - Known for having an extensive range of Australian and International labels, THE ICONIC is a fashion lovers dream come true.
David Jones - Judging from previous years, David Jones will be sure to give customers major savings across all the online and retail stores. This is your chance to shop premium, luxury designer brands that don't often go on sale.
Boohoo - Boohoo will offer a big percentage off sitewide, knowing the retailer already offers affordable clothing this is a good site to buy in bulk and go a little nuts.
ASOS - Stocking just about everything you can imagine, ASOS is the ideal place to spend a few hours building out your wishlist in advance. You will be able to find all the essentials and a few cheeky pieces to spoil yourself with.
Can't wait until Boxing Day? Use one of these deals to start your shopping spree early:
- 2.8 million Australians plan to sell their Christmas presents online
- Missed the Boxing Day sales? Don’t worry, there are still bargains to be found
- The Boxing Day fashion sales style queens need to know about
- Best Boxing Day travel deals 2016 to save up to 50%
- Jetstar Boxing Day sale: every fare from $25 up