Boxing Day in Perth is one of the best times in the year for getting some of the best bargains of the year.
Boxing Day is a public holiday and falls on 26 December every year, just one day after Christmas. After Christmas Day, retailers want to reduce the amount of unsold stock before the New Year and so hold large stock-take sales.
Everyone loves Boxing Day sales and Perthians are no exception. Some sales start early and some don't start until the morning of Boxing Day, so it's always best to check these details of the place you intend to shop. By getting there early, or logging onto the site early, you won't need to worry about whether you'll be able to get the right size.
Where are the Boxing Day Sales in Perth?
There are a number of shopping centres open in Perth for Boxing Day.
Trading hours updated as of 17 December 2018.
Westfield Garden City
Speaking of shopping centres, Garden City is one of the best in Perth, housing everything from fashion (Forever New) to beauty (Priceline) to jewellery (Pandora), right down to your favourite department store (David Jones) and electronics outlets (Apple).
Trading Hours: 9am - 6pm
Westfield Carousel & Whitford City
We think it's safe to say that you can't go wrong with a Westfield. They pretty much have it all, including Myer, Coles, Woolworths and a cinema. To keep the kids busy while you do your shopping, naturally.
Trading hours (both Westfields): 8am - 6pm.
All your big names like David Jones, Dymocks, General Pants Co. and L'Occitane under one roof. True story.
Trading hours: 8am - 6pm.
Fashion, food and home and lifestyle shopping all come under one roof. Time to go shopping!
Trading hours: 11am - 5pm.
The online Boxing Day sales you need to know about
It's important that you spend your time and money at the right Boxing Day sales. We have provided you with a complete list of the deals and available online this Boxing Day.
Popular Boxing Day deals AU coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|22 Jan 2019||Up to 40% off clearance sale||********|
Tips and tricks to make the most of your Boxing Day shopping experience:
If you'd like to make the most out of your Boxing Day experience this year without getting into debt or coming home worried about your bank statement, here are some tips.
- Create a budget. A budget is a great way to forecast how much you're going to spend, so you only bring that amount of money with you which eliminates any impulse purchases.
- List the items you want to buy. Part of creating a budget is knowing what you want so you don't buy anything you don't need. Look through your wardrobe and make a list of any clothes or accessories you're missing.
- Know how you're going to spend this money. If you're using your own money like your debit card then kudos to you for spending wisely. If you're planning to put it on credit, then there are still ways to avoid interest charges such as using a 0% purchase credit card.
- Get there early. Whether you're doing your shopping online or at a physical store, the earlier you are the more choices you have. Always know what time the sale starts or when the doors will open and remember if you're going into a physical store to allocate time to find parking.
- Be familiar with the exchange and returns processes. Boxing Day sales are the perfect recipe for impulse buys. To safeguard against any disappointment when you make it home, ensure that you know the returns or exchange policies. In many cases sale items will have limitations placed on them in terms of returns or exchange policies, so know if this is the case before you pay.
- The fashion pieces to buy before your friends do this Boxing Day 2018
- Best Boxing Day sales for homewares and furniture 2018
- Boxing Day 2019: Best tech buys if you know nothing about tech
- The cult beauty products to buy during the Boxing Day sales 2018
- The best fashion sales with free shipping worth shopping this Boxing Day 2018
Image: Instagram user westfieldcarousel