Check out Foxtel’s new prices.
Foxtel is a household name in Australia. The network has been bringing Pay TV to Australians since 1995 and provides instant access to sports, series, movies, reality shows, kids shows, and documentaries from all over the world. Customers can choose a range of channel packages to suit their viewing needs and bring quality entertainment into their home with just a click of a button.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Foxtel subscriptions and packages
How can I subscribe to Foxtel?
You can subscribe to Foxtel online or over the phone. Foxtel isn't offered to all area of Australia (yet!). If you're unsure if your area is covered, contact Foxtel to check.
When subscribing, select the package that suits you best and choose your accessories or any extra boxes you might need.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll need to schedule an appointment with a Foxtel technician to install your new set. Appointment hours are between 7am–10am, 10am–2pm or 2pm–5pm for customers based in metropolitan areas, and 7am–5pm, 7am–12pm or 12pm–5pm for regional customers.
The installation includes a Foxtel demonstration.
What can I buy from Foxtel?
- Entertainment Package – Foxtel’s Entertainment Package includes 45 of the most popular channels, including: FOX8, LifeStyle, Discovery, and MTV, just to name a few. The package is $25 a month on a 12 month plan. Then, there's the $75 standard install and $125 equipment fee, which totals a minimum of $500 for your year-long subscription. If you wish to cancel your subscription, cancellation fees will apply.
- Sports Combo – For sports fans, the Foxtel Sports Combo package is a pretty sweet deal. It comes with the 45 basic entertainment channels plus nine must-have sports channels, including: FOX Sports, FOX Footy, and ESPN and will set you back $50 a month on a 12 month plan. With installation ($75) and equipment fees ($125), you're looking at a minimum cost of $800 for the year.
- Sports Family Combo - For the family who loves their sports, but also loves to be entertained - the Sports Family Combo is an everybody pleaser with dedicated sports channels, documentary channels, premium entertainment channels and kids channels at your fingertips. It's an $80 per month package on a 12 month plan, so with your installation and equipment fees ($200 in total), will set you back at least $1160 all up.
- Sport, Movie & Drama HD – Need a bit of everything to keep the whole family happy? No sweat, there's the $100 per month Sport, Movie & Drama package. This package is a 12 month commitment, but gets you the standard 45 entertainment channels, nine Sports channels, plus nine movie channels, including World Movies, Disney, and Premiere, and six premium drama channels direct from the US and the UK. Your minimum direct debit cost (inc. $75 of standard install and $125 of equipment fees) is $1400, but does include the BoxSets channel and some of Foxtel's best channels in HD.
- Sports & Drama Family Combo – The Sports & Drama Family Combo comes with a little bit of everything. That's over 45 popular entertainment channels, nine dedicated sports channels, 10 documentary channels, nine premium entertainment channels, six kids channels, and premium drama channels direct with the US and UK. Like the Sports, Movie & Drama package, it's priced at $100 a month on a 12 month plan, which will cost you a total of $1400 by the end of the plan, including the $75 standard install and $125 equipment fees.
- Platinum HD – With seven channel packs (Entertainment, Sports, Movies, Drama, Entertainment Plus, Kids, and Docos) and over 95 channels, The Big Pack is designed to give screen addicts everything they want. Big package, big price. As this is the "Platinum" package, you can expect to pay top dollar for its services. Top being $134 per month on a 12 month plan, with a minimum direct debit of $1808 considering the $75 standard install and $125 equipment charge. But to further convince you of this investment, it also includes the BoxSets channel and some of Foxtel's best channels in HD. Let us entertain you.
What else should I know?
All prices quoted above and within this article are current April 2015 and may be changed from time to time in accordance with the Residential Subscription Television Agreement. These packs also include the power of Foxtel iQ3 and Foxtel Go. Cancel fees apply for all fixed term contracts. Minimum costs refer to new residential subscribers and single standard installs only.
Ways to watch Foxtel
Want to watch Foxtel on multiple devices? You can with Foxtel Play. This service enables you to choose where and when you wish to be entertained by streaming TV over the internet onto a variety of different devices. All you have to do is select what you'd like to watch/subscribe to and then download the Foxtel Play application to your device. Then, simply sign into your Foxtel account and get ready to be entertained!
What do you need to access Foxtel Play:
- Compatible device running on an eligible operating system: This includes: Sony Play Station, XBox 360, PCs, Macs, Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-Ray players and LG Smart TVs. Note that video quality may vary depending on what device you are using and that content and channels may be limited depending on the device you are using.
- Internet connection: Essentially, what you're getting is the subscription and access. You won't be getting any broadband thrown in, so you'll have to take care of that yourself. This includes having a speed that will allow for streaming (min. 3Mbps) as well as enough data on your plan to stream.
- Australian residence: Foxtel Play is only available to Australian residences, and for use in Australia only.
You can connect up to three devices using one account and can change your device choices once a month. In terms of entertainment, you can also change your picks or cancel your subscription at any time by logging into My Foxtel Play.
Not sure if Foxtel Play is your thing? As an added bonus - Foxtel is currently offering a FREE two week trial of their subscription services so you can try before you buy. What's the catch? You ask. Well, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind about this trial. Including:
- Sign-up: When subscribing, you'll need to sign up for a specific Foxtel Play channel/tier pack. This will decide what you'll have access to in terms of TV shows and movies. You'll also need to sign up to the relevant channel/tier in your pack if you wish to access corresponding content on Foxtel Go. The pack you choose will also decide how much you'll be charged when your two-week trial period expires - should you wish to continue your subscription.
- Cancellation period: When you sign up for Foxtel Play, you'll be prompted to include your credit card details to subscribe for future ongoing direct debit payments. You need to cancel your subscription within the first 14 days (two week trial period) to ensure you don't get charged for a month's worth of Foxtel Play and Go after your trial period ends if you don't wish to continue this service. Miss this cut-off mark and you'll be direct debited for a month's worth of the service.
Want to take your Foxtel with you? With Foxtel Go, you can catch up and watch live TV on your favourite devices. There are over 60 live channels and best of all, Foxtel Go is included with your package.
As with Foxtel Play, you need to keep a couple of things in mind in order to access Foxtel Go, which includes the fact that it's only available to Australian residential customers (and for use in Australia-only) with a compatible internet connected device running on an eligible operating system, that not all channels or content will be available on all devices and quality may vary between devices, and that you'll need a broadband connection of at least 3Mbps (on top of the relevant data required to stream).
To subscribe to Foxtel Go, you'll need to subscribe to the relevant channel / tier in your Foxtel Play pack to access the corresponding content. As with Foxtel Play, subscriptions are ongoing, so if you wish to cancel, make sure you advise Foxtel of this before the end of your subscribed month, or you will be billed for another month's worth of entertainment for your subscribed tier / channel.
Foxtel introduces Presto Entertainment
Previously, Foxtel's Presto enabled customers to access only movies, but with so many services available now, they've upped their game and partnered with the Seven Network and launched Presto Entertainment. It's their TV and movies bundle that offers 1000s of hours of TV shows and movie entertainment all day, every day. This is a separate service to Presto Movies (which gives you access to an ever-changing library of approximately 1000 movies based on what's screening on the other Foxtel channels) and Presto TV will instead give you access to TV series. However you can buy them as a bundle.
Here are your subscription options and their minimum costs, which are based on the packages selected with a Foxtel iQ3. Don't forget though that there's also a $75 standard install fee and $125 equipment fee to pay:
- Presto TV: Ad-free TV starting at only $9.99 per month; or
- Presto Movies: High quality movie entertainment starting at only $9.99 a month.
- Presto Entertainment: The ultimate bundle of TV and movies. And you can get it for as little as $14.99 a month
While there are no ongoing costs with Presto (it's a pay-by-the-month deal) your credit card details will be taken at sign up and ongoing direct debits will be made on your behalf unless you cancel your subscription before the end of your subscribed month. Miss that date, and you'll have to pay a full month's more of subscriptions fees. If you wish to switch your subscription, pro rata monthly subscription fees will be charged to your debit account.
To be eligible for Presto Entertainment you will need:
- An Internet connection (min 3Mbps recommended)
- Compatible device. Presto is available over 3F/4G networks and WiFi on compatible devices. Keep in mind that the video quality may vary depending on your connection.
Presto is also only available for Australian residences.
Whether you’re an existing Foxtel customer, or signing up for the first time, Foxtel is now giving more for less with lower monthly subscription fees and new packaging options.
The standard entry level Foxtel Entertainment Package is now available for $25 a month on a 12 month plan, half its former price. Calculated, you're looking at $500 being direct debited from your account, as there's also a $75 standard install and $125 equipment fee to add). New and existing customers also have free access to new channels as part of the package combos and can get the BoxSets Channel for an extra $9.99 per month, also half price. This cost is based on a package selected with a Foxtel iQ3, and does not include the standard install ($75) and equipment ($100) charges. If you wish to unsubscribe at any point in your plan, you will be subject to cancellation fees.
Foxtel Review | Pros and Cons
- You can build you own package starting with the Foxtel Entertainment Pack. The pack itself offers more than 45 entertainment channels, but from there, you can further tailor your subscription by adding your choice of channel packs, e.g. Sports, Drama, Movies or Kids packs for as little as $10 more per month.
- Foxtel’s easy account access allows you to manage your channels online. You can sign up for a new deal, or change your subscription at any time - however there is no option to downgrade your package online. To do this, you will need to call Foxtel direct.
- Foxtel subscribers can opt-in to ‘Foxtel Access’ with their email address. This allows them to receive current offers and a chance to win rewards such as concert tickets, celebrity meet-and-greets, and bonus merchandise.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription early, you will need to pay a cancellation fee.
What forms of payment does Foxtel accept?
You must pay for your initial order upfront with your credit for the first month of your plan. This payment will include any installation and equipment fees.
The credit cards that Foxtel accepts are:
- American Express
- Diners Club International
Monthly ongoing payments will be set up on Easypay and your monthly subscription will automatically be debited from your nominated bank account or credit card. These payments will fall on the same day every month and will be matched up to the date when you first get connected. During checkout you’ll be prompted to select your preferred method of payment. The billing date can be changed by request by calling Foxtel on 131 999 following the installation date.
How do I cancel my subscription to Foxtel?
If you wish to cancel your Foxtel subscription, you can do so over the phone. Fixed term subscriptions will be charged a cancellation fee.