David Jones Online Sales and Promo Codes for August 2020 | Up to 50% off sale
Shop at one of Australia’s oldest and most prestigious department stores online.
Updated . What changed?
Current David Jones promo codes for August 2020
Popular David Jones coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|10 Aug 2020||Up to 50% off: The Home Event Sale||********|
|17 Jul 2020||Up to 50% off sale||********|
|1 Apr 2020||Extra 20% off: The Designer Sale||********|
|20 Jul 2020||FREE standard delivery||********|
|17 Mar 2020||Up to 30% off Guerlain, Shu Uemura, YSL Beauty and more||********|
About David Jones promo codes
Established in 1838, David Jones (or DJs, as it’s fondly referred to) is one of those department stores that is a household name every Australian knows and recognises. The name is not only synonymous with its black and white logo pattern, but also with providing a range of high quality, brand name fashion and homewares products, and all with an exceptionally high level of customer service attached. Make sure you check out our promo codes below, everyone likes a good bargain, right?
Here are the amazing brands you can get from David Jones
Want to know how to use your promo codes?
What can you get from David Jones?
If you’re like us, then browsing through the product categories is the way you’re bound to approach David Jones.
Home & Food
Bags & Accessories
Does David Jones have Afterpay?
Yes, David Jones has Afterpay. That means you can get your items sent to you immediately, but pay them off in four equal instalments over an eight week period. While the service is interest-free, keep in mind that you will incur a $10 late fee each time you fail to pay on time, so be sure to keep your bank account topped up. You can learn more about Afterpay here.
David Jones Autumn/Winter Fashion Launch
See the catwalk looks and best picks from the David Jones Autumn/Winter Fashion Launch that you can shop right now.
Interested to know more about David Jones?
- Who is David Jones? David Jones was a welsh immigrant that settled in Sydney, Australia. He was born into a farming family in 1793 and originally arrived in Tasmania in 1834.
- Who owns David Jones? David Jones is currently owned by the South African giant retail group, Woolworths Holdings Limited.
- What is David Jones? Founded in 1838, David Jones is an Australian department store stocking women’s, men’s and children’s footwear and apparel, homewares, technology and beauty. It’s the oldest department store in the world that still trades under its original name.
- Is David Jones open today? Each department store has varied opening times ranging from 9am-7pm with Thursday late night shopping until 9pm in most stores. For a full list of the opening and closing times, please click here.
- Does David Jones sell iPads and iPhones? Yes. You can purchase Apple products both in-store and online.
- Does David Jones accept Westfield vouchers? Yes. Westfield vouchers are accepted in participating Westfield shopping centres nationwide; which David Jones is included.
David Jones Instagram
David Jones’ Instagram is a sleek, double-tap worthy account that shows off the department store’s impeccable taste of style. You’ll get an exclusive insider’s view of all the events held by David Jones; backstage access to runways and photoshoots as well as the best edit of what you can shop in designer, Australian and international labels. The latest in beauty products, homewares and technology, a lot of Montana Cox and Jessica Gomes (brand ambassadors) and the odd genetically blessed (read: smoking hot) guy. Follow it immediately!
Follow David Jones on Instagram: @davidjonesstore
Are you a regular David Jones shopper?
Many large department stores and supermarkets have their own branded credit cards and David Jones is no different. The best thing about these cards is that they let you earn rewards points when you shop online or in-store with them.
David Jones has two types of credit cards at the moment: the David Jones AMEX and the David Jones Store Card. Both let you earn rewards points (which you can then shop with) and provide you with free standard delivery. If you're interested in applying for one, but don't know which our David Jones Credit Cards page can help you compare your options.
David Jones Review | Pros and Cons of David Jones
- Respected retailer: It’s no secret that DJs is well-known and well-respected as an Australian department store.
- Loyalty cards and points: David Jones has two types of cards: the David Jones AMEX and the David Jones store card, both of which allow you to collect points and cash in on members offers – including free standard delivery on purchases. And yes, if you’re a DJs AMEX cardholder, you can shop with your points.
- Free delivery: Purchases $50 or more that are posted via standard mail will be delivered for free (exceptions apply). Alternatively, you can opt for the ‘click and collect’ in-store delivery method, which means you can get your product sooner. Postage fee-free.
- Brand names: David Jones is all about brand names, high designer brand names as well as the up-and-comers.
- Personal shopping: Prestigious doesn’t even begin to describe DJs. They offer a personal shopping experience for customers.
- Gift cards: Stuck for a gift? David Jones has flexible options for gift cards.
- Easy returns: So long as your item is returned with proof of purchase and in original/re-saleable condition, David Jones may grant a return for exchange, refund, or store credit. Acceptance of returns is at the store’s discretion as per their returns policy. If you purchase your item online, you don’t have to return it by this method – you can return it in-store.
- Gift wrapping: All DJs AMEX and store cardholders can opt for ‘free gift wrapping’ of their purchase during the checkout – taking one more stress out of the present-shopping experience. If you don’t hold these cards, you can still have your item gift wrapped for an additional $9.95.
- Delivery costs: Unlike some retailers, David Jones charges for delivery, so it’s important to review your purchase at the end before you hit the payment button to avoid paying more than you anticipated. On the upside, you can save on delivery costs by choosing the ‘click and collect’ option and pick up your purchases from your local store.
- Personal shopping restrictions: While DJs offers personal shopping experience with the stylists, this is pre-booked and only available in-store.
Shipping guide for David Jones
David Jones offers a variety of delivery and shipping methods for Australians. These include:
- Click & Collect: Yes, DJs does complimentary in-store pickups. This is available at most of their stores and allows you to pre-purchase your item and NOT have to worry about delivery times or charges.
- Standard delivery: National delivery takes between three and seven days. It’s complimentary on purchases made with a David Jones American Express or Storecard, and on purchases of $50 or more (excludes gift cards, flowers and Wine Club purchases). If your purchase is less than $50, you’ll be charged a standard, flat-rate of $10 per order. For gift card only purchases, a standard flat rate of $5 is charged.
- National express delivery: This is charged at a flat rate of $12 per order, and means next-day delivery so long as you place your order by 4pm on weekdays. Otherwise, your item will be delivered within two business days.
- Sydney same day: For $15, all orders for delivery within the Sydney metropolitan area that are placed before 1pm on a weekday can be fulfilled that day before 6pm. You can also order before 4pm to receive your item between 6pm and 9pm.
- Sydney Saturday delivery: For $15, you can place an order before 1pm to have your purchase arrive before 6pm.
- Standard bulky delivery: Any excessively bulky or large items like furniture and beds are delivered from the manufacturer, not a DJs store. You’ll need to organise delivery times with the manufacture to fulfil such orders. These are charged at different rates depending on the size and weight of the items, plus the location they're being delivered to. The fee will be calculated at check-out.
- Future delivery: If you'd like your item to come on a preferred date in the future, you can request a time and day (between Monday and Friday) for $12.
- Parcel pick-up: You can collect your order from an Australia Post Office or parcel locker, whilst the website offers this as a complimentary service there are fees for selected delivery services that may apply.
Determined to make sure that all orders are fulfilled to the highest standard, David Jones provides tracking details where possible, allows friends and family to collect your item (for Click & Collect purchases) so long as they provide the necessary documentation and ID, allows you to nominate to have you order left unattended in a safe place of your choosing at your home if you’re not able to be home to meet the delivery, AND allows you to delay the delivery of your item (weekends and public holidays excluded) to ensure you can be there to meet delivery if desired.
Returns, exchanges, and refunds for David Jones
Again, this couldn’t be simpler. Returns, exchanges, and refunds are all available for change of mind, or if the item is faulty or not to the description. In order to be eligible for a return, you must provide your proof of purchase, and the item must be in a saleable condition (all original tags, labels, and packaging must be intact, and the item must not have been worn or used). It’s important to note that some items cannot be returned for change of mind, these include gift cards, custom made and altered items, personal care items, music, DVDs, computer software and accessories, earrings for pierced ears, pillows, perishable foods, and items purchased from David Jones warehouse outlets. These items can, however, be returned if they are found to be faulty, damaged, not as described, not doing what they’re supposed to be doing or are under manufacturer’s warranty. All returns are accepted at the discretion of the store in compliance with their returns policy.
Ask an Expert