The rumours were true: Amazon is officially expanding down under.
After months of speculation, it's official - Amazon is coming to Australia. We're not sure on the exact timeline yet, but check back to stay informed. Previously Amazon Australia has just offered Kindle and Audible, but now with a physical presence of warehouses Australia will have an Amazon Marketplace. This means you'll no longer have to wait for delivery from the US or UK in addition to also having access to the Amazon Prime program - which includes paying a yearly fee for fast, free shipping on all order. Find out more about Amazon coming to Australia.
Amazon promo codes and coupons for October 2017
|Gift Cards||Choose from millions of gift cards that never go out of style.||
|Shop Rare and Vintage Toys at Amazon||Browse and shop for original toys from sellers around the world at Amazon.||
|Shop Amazon for practically everything||Amazon sells practically everything from its online store. Browse now to see what's on offer.||
|Amazon - Buy Ellie Goulding's Halcyon||Get popular music titles and albums for as low as $7.99 and under at Amazon. Shop online today||
|Prime Instant - 30-day free trial||Enjoy unlimited instant streaming of movies and TV shows, free for 30 days with Amazon's trial.||
|The Original Virtual Boy Game||Get the original Virtual Boy from Amazon and get ready for the action before the official release of Virtual Boy 2||
|Nintendo Entertainment System - Video Game Console||Relive the glory days of console gaming with the Nintendo Entertainment System.||
|Up to 50% with Amazon coupons||Save up to 50% off with Amazon coupons.||
|Amazon - FREE Super Saver Shipping from Amazon||Get FREE Shipping for your next Amazon order. Just follow the steps listed on this link.||
|Amazon - Kindle Fire HDX Deals||
|Amazon - Kindle Fire HDX Deals||
|Amazon - Up to 50% Off Automotive||Save on a range of Automotive items at Amazon. Get 50% off the original price of these automotive products - hurry while these offers last.||
How do I use my Amazon promo codes?
How do I use my Amazon promo code?
- Copy your desired promotional code from above list of active offers.
- Add the items you wish to order into your Shopping Cart. Ensure coupon conditions are met - including the types of items and the total price of your selected products.
- Click the checkout button to continue with your order
- Enter the promotional code you wish to utilise and click apply. The stated price reductions will then be applied to your checkout total. .
Reasons a coupon may not work :
- The code was entered incorrectly or did not match the original
- The items are not eligible for the discount or are not sold by amazon.com.
- The sale offer has already ended or is not available in your country.
Note: If you are part way through an order and get to the checkout, where you enter and apply your promo code, but do not submit your order, the code will stay on your account. This allows you to come back at any time while the code is valid and complete your order and any subsequent orders.
What can I get from Amazon?
Pros and Cons of shopping online at Amazon
- Peace of mind - when you order through Amazon.com, even if the item is coming from another merchant, you can trust that you will receive your products as described and on time. Due to the size, brand and reputation Amazon has and wishes to maintain, you can trust that your Amazon order will arrive.
- Secure transaction - Amazon power their own payment processing system and this lives up to the expectations of customers ensuring your details are held safely. The payment system is also very easy to use making it an obvious choice.
- Gigantic range - Amazon has an unbelievable range of products available to purchase.
- Too easy - the search facility offered on Amazon is second to none and really makes it easy to find the products you are after.
- These may seems petty, but some users are against shopping with Amazon as they believe they have too much market power. While this works favourably for the end consumer who gets to purchase items at great prices, some suppliers may not see it the same way.
- Those who love to read hard copy novels may also see Amazon as a threat to the printed book and magazine industry, with the push for the Kindle.
What is Amazon Prime and is it available to Australian customers?
Sadly, no. Otherwise, it would be another option to get free delivery.
Amazon Prime is a membership option only available to US customers. It offers a range of benefits, such as access to Prime Music, Prime Instant Video, the Kindle Owners' Lending Library and – of course – free two day shipping.
We'll keep you updated if Amazon ever decides to allow Australian customers access to Amazon Prime.
What is the difference between Amazon and Amazon Australia?
Like we said, Amazon Australia is purely a Kindle marketplace. Amazon.com, however, is a marketplace for everything. The US site stocks endless products, from homewares, to fashion, to electronics, to books. If there's something you can buy online, you can probably buy it on Amazon.com.
What do you need to know about the Amazon Kindle?
The Amazon Kindle is one of the biggest ebook readers on the market. The most recent version comes with touchscreen display, Wi-Fi and the ability to download books in less than 60 seconds. They're lighter than a paperback, last weeks without recharging and can store thousands of books.
So what's the catch? Due to licensing laws, certain titles that may be available in the US are not always available in Australia. You'll need to make your purchases from Amazon.com.au to ensure the title is available in Australia.
How can you get Amazon free shipping?
Unfortunately, there's only one way for Australian customers to get free shipping from Amazon and that's with a free shipping promo code.
The good news is that Amazon releases these promotional codes frequently, so keep checking back to see if there's one live.
Amazon shipping rates and information
Shipping to Australia can be expensive but Amazon has worked hard to keep prices down. Keep in mind that different items will attract different rates.
Amazon offer three types of shipping - Standard, Expedited and Priority. Below are the rates for Expedited shipping
|Product Category||Per Shipment||Per Item|
|Books, Software, Video Games, VHS videotapes||$4.99||$5.49*|
|CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Music Cassettes, Vinyl||$4.99||$1.99*|
|Jewelry & Watches||$4.99||$3.99|
|Kitchen, Home, Beauty, Personal Care, Cameras, Electronics||$4.99||$2.99/lb|
|Baby, Sports, Toys||$4.99||$3.99/lb|
|Video Games Consoles||$6.99||$2.99/lb|
|Any combination of the above items||$9.99||As above|
Track your package
To track your order, head to your orders page. Then click on the order and then Package next to your order.
Orders to Australia may be subject to customs approval and cause slight delays.
Are you having problems with an order?
If you have a problem with anything in your order from Amazon their resolution centre can help.
Amazon orders enter their shipping department as soon as possible. This is so you get your package quickly - so if you have a problem it is advised.
Check your shipping status - if it hasn't shipped and you can cancel via your account. If it has shipped then you can refuse to sign for your delivery, or return it when you get it.
Digital downloads such as MP3s, apps or videos you cannot cancel these once you've placed the order.
How can you return an item to Amazon?
If you have an item you'd like to return to Amazon, their policies vary depending on what item it is.
- Items must be in the condition they were shipped
- You must return all original packaging and accessories
- Music, movies, software and video games must be unopened and still in their plastic shrink wrapping
- Any consumer electronics must have a UPC or serial number to be returned
- Any clothing and shoes must be returned unworn
You'll have 90 days from the shipping date to return any baby products you've bought. Watches must be returned with a trackable item number. This is to ensure safe delivery. Magazine subscriptions can generally can be refunded.