Up to $700 off with trade-in of iPhone7 or newer
Apple's sleek and stylish aesthetic is unmatched in the consumer electronics space, so it's no surprise that devices like the iPhone and iPad are as highly sought after as they are. As with most products that pride themselves on their looks, Apple devices carry a premium price tag that many people simply cannot afford.
Boxing Day gives budget-conscious Aussies a way around this, with Apple offering discounts on many of its products through the Apple Store. Older-model iPhones, iPads and MacBooks tend to see the biggest price cuts, as Apple wants to clear them out to make room for the latest top-of-the-line devices it rolls out each and every year.
Scroll down to see the Boxing Day sales at Apple, or head on over to our Boxing Day hub for more deals.
Apple Boxing Day deals
What products does Apple sell?
Unsurprisingly, the Apple Store deals primarily in Apple's own products, from the new iPhone XS and iPhone XR to the latest iPad Pro and MacBook Air. There's no shortage of add-ons available for these devices, either, whether it be Apple AirPods, the Apple Pencil or extra bands for the Apple Watch.
The Apple Store does sell products from other brands as well, mostly in the form of accessories to its own devices. Some examples are Beats headphones, Ultimate Ears wireless speakers, Otterbox iPhone cases, Logitech iPad keyboards and LaCie portable hard drives.
Shopping online vs in-store
There are arguments to both shopping online and heading in to your local Apple Store on Boxing Day. Relaxing at home with your laptop and credit card handy is far less stressful and makes comparing prices from other retailers as simple as opening up a new tab in your web browser.
Brave the Boxing Day crowds by heading into a physical Apple Store and you'll be able to ask the staff any questions you have around different iPad models or the compatibility of certain accessories. You also get to take your purchase home immediately instead of waiting for it to be delivered.
What's the Apple Store returns policy?
If you decide you're unhappy with your Apple Store purchase, you can return it to any Apple Retail Store within 14 days of buying it (or 14 days of receiving your item for online orders). Alternatively, certain products are eligible for return via Apple's online system. After submitting the necessary information, Apple will email you with details around collection of your order and once it has received the return and assessed it, another email will be sent confirming your refund.
Tips and tricks for shopping the Boxing Day sales:
Get ready, because you’re about to get a whole lot better at shopping the sales.
- Subscribe to the Finder newsletter. By signing up to receive our newsletter, you'll be kept in the loop with all the deals and information for this year's Boxing Day sales.
- Set yourself a budget and stick to it! The most important rule before you start your Boxing Day sale shopping spree: decide on what you can afford and don’t overspend. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and splurge on things you don’t really need.
- Make a list. Take a minute or two to look through what you already own and take note of what you’re missing or what’s in need of an update. Have a browse online to decide on what you really want.
- Add to your wish list in advance. If you’re serious about Boxing Day sales, do yourself a favour and spend some time going through various retailer websites in advance. Come the morning of the sale you’ll be able to process your order right away, eliminating the chance of missing out on sell-out items.
- Do your research. During the Boxing Day sales, retailers will be very competitive on prices. It pays to shop around and check out different websites to see if there's a better deal elsewhere.
Top picks from the Apple Store
iPhone 11 Clear Case
Apple Watch Gold Aluminium Case with Sport Band
iPhone 11 Pro
Image source: Getty
More guides on Finder
UFC 266 Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega: Complete guide
Alexander Volkanovski will look to defend his featherweight title when he faces Brian Ortega in UFC 266.
iPad Mini review: Good things come in small packages
The iPad Mini 6 is a fantastic modern tablet upgrade. But if you want a workhorse, you'll want to look elsewhere in Apple's range.
Where to buy the Apple iPhone 13 in Australia
Here are all the places you can buy the iPhone 13 in Australia.
Telstra’s iPhone 13 plans: Pricing and availability
You can avoid paying outright for the new iPhone 13 and get it on a phone plan from Telstra instead.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro: What you need to know
Apple's middle child Pro phone might just be its best handset of 2021. Here's why.
Apple iPhone 13 Mini: Australian specs, pricing and release date
Apple's fun-size iPhone is back!
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max: Australian specs, pricing, release date
Apple's new flagship phone features a slick ProMotion display, upgraded cameras and the super-fast Apple A15 Bionic processor.
Apple iPhone 13: What Australians need to know
Apple's shiny new iPhone 13 is finally here, and we've got all the details on this latest superphone.
Everything Apple announced at its iPhone 13 launch
From the iPhone 13 to the Apple Watch 7, new iPads and more, here are all of Apple's shiny new gadgets unveiled at its "California Streaming" event.
Apple Watch Series 7: Australian pricing, specs and release date
The Apple Watch Series 7 has finally been unveiled – here's everything you need to know.
Ask an Expert