Apple iPhone XR review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
|Launch price (RRP)||$1,229|
- Good battery life
- A12 Bionic processor is still great
- Wide choice of colours
- Apple's still pricing it at a premium, even if it is "less expensive"
- Single lens camera limits camera functions.
- Slower onboard modem
- No 3D Touch capability.
- Wide and pleasing range of colours.
- Aluminium frame.
- LCD display, but larger than the iPhone XS.
- No headphone jack.
- Only one offical Apple case for protection.
- Single, not dual lens.
- Portrait mode, but limited effects.
- Post shot focus adjustment works well.
- A12 Bionic still impresses, even with less RAM.
- Lower water resistance than other 2018 iPhones.
- Slower category speeds than premium iPhones.
- 3D Touch is missing.
- eSIM for dual SIM support – sort of.
- Impressive battery life compared to other iPhones.
- Apple still has to catch up to competitors for battery endurance.
- Wireless charging.
- An obvious choice for the Apple faithful.
- But Apple's redefining where it sees "entry level" pricing.
- Compromises may make the iPhone XS your better match.
Pricing and availability
Compare iPhone XR plans
You can also purchase the iPhone XR on a handset repayment plan from Telstra or TeleChoice.Back to top
Power, storage and battery
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked