The Galaxy S10 has a great camera and good application performance, but its overall battery life has dipped since the previous Galaxy S generation.
- Easy to hold
- Camera is great
- Headphone jack
- One UI customises Android well
- Exynos 9820 is powerful
- Supports expandable storage.
- Battery life is somehow worse than the last generation
- Slippery glass back
- Who really wants the Bixby button?
The Samsung Galaxy S10 hits almost every sweet spot for a flagship phone – except for battery life.
Australians love Samsung's flagship phones with a fervour that we only really see for one other brand – and rather obviously, that's not a maker of Android handsets. The Galaxy S10 is the South Korean manufacturer's latest handset, and while it's the slightly smaller, slightly lower cost counterpart to the Galaxy S10+, it shares much the same design and feature ideas, as well as many of the same drawbacks.
The end result is still a very good handset, and one that's an easy recommendation if you're a fan of Samsung's phones, but it's not hard to see this, like the Galaxy S10+, as a case of Samsung mostly resting on what it knows how to do, rather than pushing the boundaries of what a flagship phone could do.
- Range of colour choices
- "Infinity O" punch hole camera
- Dynamic AMOLED display
- In-glass fingerprint sensor
- Still has a headphone jack
- Bixby button stands out, but not in a good way
- Triple-array 16MP/12MP/12MP camera
- Good overall performance
- AR emoji are still a silly inclusion
- Exynos 9820 in the Australian S10 is powerful
- One UI is way less annoying than TouchWiz was
- Fingerprint sensor works, but it's not fast
- Expandable storage gives it a premium edge
- 3,400mah battery gives disappointing performance
- Wireless charging and fast charging supported
- Powershare reverse charging is too slow
- A nicely built phone, but Samsung needs to put more work into a "premium" phone
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung's Galaxy S10 features an in-screen ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and a pin-hole selfie camera, providing more room for its 6.1-inch screen to shine. Get yours now from Amazon Australia.
Samsung Galaxy S10 specifications
|Display size (inches)||6.1|
|Display resolution (pixels)||3040 x 1440|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||550|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,400|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.5-2.4|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.4|
|Rear camera (3) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (3) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (1) resolution||10|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 20|
Compare Samsung Galaxy S10 plans
Latest Samsung news
From a triple-camera array and a fingerprint sensor integrated into the screen, the Samsung Galaxy S10 is set to significantly disrupt the status quo in the smartphone space. Read more…
The first of the 5G phones will be here before the end of the month. Read more…
Samsung's first 5G smartphone promises to deliver much more than faster download speeds. Read more…