The Samsung Galaxy S10+ has a great camera and good performance, but its battery stamina is a notable weak point.
- Slim design.
- Great camera.
- Still has a headphone jack.
- One UI is very slick.
- Exynos 9820 provides plenty of power.
- Supports expandable storage.
- Battery life doesn't compare well to other flagships.
- Slippery in the hand and pocket.
- 1TB version is very expensive.
- Bixby button is still a nuisance.
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ has a great camera and powerful processor, but battery life should be better.
Samsung is pretty easily the most popular Android brand in the flagship space in Australia, and the anticipation around its annual Galaxy S series updates is at a fever pitch right now. Samsung of course hypes up its new flagships – it has phones to sell – and for the most part, the Samsung Galaxy S10+ delivers the kinds of premium features that you'd want out of a flagship phone.
However, Samsung is somewhat playing it safe rather than really pushing the envelope with the Galaxy S10+. It's a great phone, but it's one that's not quite as much at the forefront as some competitor devices, especially when it comes to overall battery endurance.
- Range of colour choices.
- "Infinity O" punch hole camera.
- Dynamic AMOLED display.
- In-glass fingerprint sensor.
- Still has a headphone jack.
- Triple lenses give you plenty of photographic choice.
- Good low light performance.
- Animoji remain a silly gimmick.
- Exynos 9820 gives you plenty of power.
- One UI provides a smooth overlay.
- Gets warm under heavy workloads.
- Fingerprint sensor works, but it's not fast.
- 4,100mAh battery doesn't last as long as expected.
- Fast wired or wireless charging.
- Wireless power share.
- A good update to the Galaxy S line.
- Battery life should be better.
- Feels like Samsung is playing it safe this year.
Pricing and availability
Buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB from Amazon AU
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ packs a massive 6.4-inch screen with support for HDR10+ and an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor concealed beneath the display. Grab yours now from Amazon Australia.View details
- The Samsung Galaxy S10+ went on pre-sale on 21 February 2019, with availability from 8 March 2019.
- Pricing at $1,499/$1,849/$2,399
With the Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung redefined the ceiling for smartphone prices in Australia, although it was rather quickly eclipsed by the hyper-expensive Apple iPhone XS Max in that regard.
Samsung has slightly dialled down those ambitions for the Galaxy S10+, although this is still very much a premium priced phone. The entry level 128GB model costs $1,499, the 512GB version is $1,849 and the flagship 1TB model will sting you to the tune of $2,399.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ specifications
|Display size (inches)||6.4|
|Display resolution (pixels)||3040 x 1440|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||438|
|Battery size (mAh)||4,100|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.4|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/1.5|
|Rear camera (3) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (3) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (1) resolution||10|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Front camera (2) resolution||8|
|Front camera (2) aperture||f/2.2|
|Network category speed||Category 20|
Compare plans for the Samsung Galaxy S10+
Latest Samsung news
We help you find the best Vodafone phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best handsets available right now. Read more…
We help you find the best Telstra phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best phones you can buy right now in Australia. Read more…
We hit the streets of Paris and Sydney to find the low light camera king, with surprising results. Read more…