The Galaxy S10e is the cheapest of Samsung's 2019 Galaxy S10 class -- and it just might be the best buy of the lot.
- Small size makes it easy to hold
- Infinity O design looks great
- Headphone jack
- Powerful for a small phone
- Supports expandable storage.
- Battery life isn't great
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor can be tricky to hit
- Bixby button is an annoyance
One of the most common questions we hear from consumers is around why you just can't get a good, powerful but above all small smartphone any more.
Sure, there's the Pixel 3 (and now the Pixel 3a), but beyond Google's in-house efforts there's really not that many options. Samsung's Galaxy S10e joins the crowd of smaller-sized handsets, providing plenty of power and a generally decent camera, although like its larger siblings, battery stamina is a genuine concern.
- Bright and clear 5.8-inch display
- Single hole-punch front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Samsung persists with the Bixby button
- 16MP/12MP Dual-camera array at the rear is decent, but not great
- Exynos 9820 gives great performance for such a small phone
- Expandable storage gives it flexibility
- One UI launcher is great
- 3,100mAh battery disappoints
- Supports fast charging and wireless charging
- The battery life isn't great, but this is a good option if you want a smaller but still powerful handset.
Pricing and availability
Buy the Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB from Amazon AU
The most-affordable entry in Samsung's Galaxy S10 product line packs all the core features of its siblings at a less wallet-stinging price. Get one now from Amazon Australia.View details
- The Samsung Galaxy S10e launched on 8 March 2019.
- Pricing starts at around $1,045.
Samsung Galaxy S10e specifications
|Display size (inches)||5.8|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2280 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||522|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,100|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.5-f/2.4|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||10|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 20|
Compare Samsung Galaxy S10e plans
Latest Samsung news
From a triple-camera array and a fingerprint sensor integrated into the screen, the Samsung Galaxy S10 is set to significantly disrupt the status quo in the smartphone space. Read more…
The first of the 5G phones will be here before the end of the month. Read more…
Samsung's first 5G smartphone promises to deliver much more than faster download speeds. Read more…