The complete guide to shopping on Amazon from Australia and using deals and promo codes to get fast shipping to Australia.
Amazon sells almost everything - and as a bonus you can use promo codes to get access to Amazon deals. They also offer fast and free shipping. Mind you this is only to customers in the US, but this doesn’t stop them delivering with outstanding customer service. Amazon is a very comprehensive web site that offers one of the very best online shopping experiences on the internet.
There are some restrictions on what you can and can’t order from Amazon and get it shipped to Australia - this can be a frustrating process. Our guide will help you sort through what you can ship to Australia and what you can’t ship. Learn about worthwhile Amazon products and how you can get the most value for your money.
Current Promo Codes for Amazon.com -December 2013
Amazon - Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses - $79.57 from Amazon
Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses are now available for $79.57 delivered from Amazon (US). Grab this offer while it lasts.
35 people used this today
Last verified 7 Dec 2013
Amazon - FREE Super Saver Shipping from Amazon
Get FREE Shipping for your next Amazon order. Just follow the steps listed on this link.
67 people used this today
Last verified 7 Dec 2013
Amazon - Laptop & Computer Sale - Up to 20% off
Amazon are offering big savings on a range of laptop computers. Don't miss up to 20% off or more of the original price on these great laptops & computers!
43 people used this today
Last verified 7 Dec 2013
Get 20% Off Your Clothing Purchase
20% Off Shoes or Handbag Purchase
Amazon - Up to 50% Off Automotive
Save on a range of Automotive items at Amazon. Get 50% off the original price of these automotive products - hurry while these offers last.
30 people used this today
Last verified 7 Dec 2013
Amazon - Home and Kitchen Department - 70% Off
Amazon have discounted the price of a large range of Home and Kitchen products. Get a huge 70% off the original price now!
54 people used this today
Last verified 7 Dec 2013
Amazon.com is the world's most popular online store
Let us begin with information on the most important Amazon facts.
Don’t forget when shopping on Amazon is the incredibly helpful left hand side menu. Make full use of the checkboxes for international shipping, and remember to tick the “amazon global eligible”. This will ensure that you can get access to all the products that will arrive to your front door without any hassles.
Amazon.com Inc. is the worlds number 1 eCommerce business which is based in Washington in the United States. Amazon first launched the site in 1995 selling books over the Internet and quickly expanded to offer CDs and DVDs as well as electronic media to download. Amazon now sells practically everything a consumer is looking to buy including electronics, clothing, furniture and jewellery. Amazon ship a large portion of their offering globally and have been recognised for their incredible logistics handling, single handedly transforming the ecommerce industry landscape.
How to use Promo Codes
- Copy your desired promotional code from above list of active offers.
- Add the items you wish to order into your Shopping Cart. Ensure coupon conditions are met - including the types of items and the total price of your selected products.
- Click the checkout button to continue with your order
- Enter the promotional code you wish to utilise and click apply. The stated price reductions will then be applied to your checkout total. .
Reasons a coupon may not work :
- The code was entered incorrectly or did not match the original
- The items are not eligible for the discount or are not sold by amazon.com.
- The sale offer has already ended or is not available in your country.
Note: If you are part way through an order and get to the checkout, where you enter and apply your promo code, but do not submit your order, the code will stay on your account. This allows you to come back at any time while the code is valid and complete your order and any subsequent orders.
How much money could I save with an Amazon coupon?
If you are looking to purchase the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9” ebook reader that currently retails for $269USD. You have browsed the net and found a coupon for 2013 that offers $30 off any Amazon Kindle product. The coupon is automatically applied to your amazon account.
All you need to do is add it to your cart and checkout.
Why buy from Amazon.com?
There are many reasons to love buying from Amazon, including:
- Peace of mind - when you order through Amazon.com, even if the item is coming from another merchant, you can trust that you will receive your products as described and on time. Due to the size, brand and reputation Amazon has and wishes to maintain, you can trust that your Amazon order will arrive.
- Secure transaction - Amazon power their own payment processing system and this lives up to the expectations of customers ensuring your details are held safely. The payment system is also very easy to use making it an obvious choice.
- Gigantic range - Amazon has an unbelievable range of products available to purchase.
- Too easy - the search facility offered on Amazon is second to none and really makes it easy to find the products you are after.
Cons of shopping at Amazon.com
These may seems petty, but some users are against shopping with Amazon as they believe they have too much market power. While this works favourably for the end consumer who great to buy at great prices, some suppliers may not see it the same way. In addition, those who love to read hard copy novels may also see Amazon as a threat to the printed book and magazine industry, with the push for the Kindle. However, the Kindle is an amazing product and may have actually helped publishers by encouraging new readers.
Amazon Best Sellers
One of the cool things about the Amazon web site is that it features best sellers of each month. Here you can find the hot items that you could add to your collection.
This month some of the hot items are:
Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses - Rayban is a global leader in sunglasses and this pair is no exception. These RayBan Sunglasses come in a variety of colours and are available for prescription glasses customers too!
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers - The Kindle is the most iconic ebook reader yet. This 7 inch ereader/tablet is powered by android and features an amazing HD display. It runs all your favourite android apps and has Dolby powered audio!
Inferno by Dan Brown - The latest release from Dan Brown , the author behind The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons , is set in Italy and features a Harvard professor drawn into a mystery world surrounding Dante’s Inferno.
Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk - This highly anticipated album from electronic duo Daft Punk was released with a bombshell. It features the usual Daft Punk mastery combined with cool 70’s grooves. A must have CD in your collection.
History of Amazon
Amazon was started by Jeff Bezos in July, 1994 under the name Cadabra. The site went online as Amazon.com the next year. Originally the website sold books online, before expanding into CDs and DVDs. Now almost every category of consumer good and more is available from an extensive list of merchants across the world. Amazon is now the largest e-retailer globally.
- Jeff Bezos incorporates the company - as Cadabra
- Amazon.com goes live as an Online Bookstore
- Amazon.com makes first book sale
- Amazon.com debuts their Associate Program
- Amazon launches Advantage Program
- First International Sites are launched UK and Germany
- Launches DVD offering
- Amazon Patents their “1-Click” checkout
- Amazon Marketplace goes live
- Amazon launches Free Super Saver Shipping when you spend over $100
- Amazon.com Inc. reports its first net profit
- Amazon Canada goes live
- Amazon Web Services is launched
- Free Super Saver Shipping Offer now on purchases over $25
- Apparel store goes live
- Accessories store created
- Sports store launched
- Jewellery store created
- Amazon launch their first Kindle e-book reader
- Amazon Kindle 2 Revealed
- Amazon acquires shoe e-retailer Zappos.com
- Kindle offered on iPad, Mac and Blackberry devices
- New generation Kindle revealed
- New Kindle Fire, Touch and Touch 3G models are revealed
Amazon Global Sites
Amazon has since created individual retail websites for several countries, specifically:
In North America:
- United States
In the UK and Europe:
- United Kingdom
It is expected that many more will soon be added to the list.
Amazon Shipping, returns and Frequently asked questions
Problem With an Order
If you have a problem with anything in your order from Amazon their resolution centre can help.
Amazon orders enter their shipping department as soon as possible. This is so you get your package quickly - so if you have a problem it is advised.
Check your shipping status - if it hasn’t shipped and you can cancel via your account. If it has shipped then you can refuse to sign for your delivery, or return it when you get it.
Digital downloads such as MP3s, apps or videos you cannot cancel these once you’ve placed the order.
Returns and Refunds
If you have an item you’d like to return to Amazon, their policies vary depending on what item it is.
- Items must be in the condition they were shipped
- You must return all original packaging and accessories
- Music, movies, software and video games must be unopened and still in their plastic shrink wrapping
- Any consumer electronics must have a UPC or serial number to be returned
- Any clothing and shoes must be returned unworn
You’ll have 90 days from the shipping date to return any baby products you’ve bought. Watches must be returned with a trackable item number. This is to ensure safe delivery. Magazine subscriptions can generally can be refunded.
Track Your Package
To track your order - head to your orders page. Then click on the order and then Package next to your order.
Orders to Australia may be subject to customs approval and cause slight delays.
Shipping Rates & Information
Shipping to Australia can be expensive but Amazon has worked hard to keep prices down. Keep in mind that different items will attract different rates.
Amazon offer three types of shipping - Standard, Expedited and Priority. Below are the rates for Expedited shipping
|Product Category||Per Shipment||Per Item|
|Books, Software, Video Games, VHS videotapes||$9.99||$5.99*|
|CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Music Cassettes, Vinyl||$9.99||$1.99*|
|Jewelry & Watches||$7.99||$2.99|
|Kindle or Kindle Accessories||$8.99||$2.99|
|Toys, Kitchen, Home||$7.99||$3.99/lb|
|Baby, Sports, Outdoor Living||$7.99||$4.99/lb|
|Computers, Personal Care||$6.99||$3.99|
|Any combination of the above items||Highest applicable per-shipment charge||As above|
So now you know all there is to know about Amazon.com and how to take advantage of their amazing promotional codes, click here to get your own code and start shopping today.